Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I noticed that too, but it seems to have righted itself now

EDIT: Never mind now it's playing up again

Jan 29, 2013 at 5:11 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Minor server hiccup by the looks. I was looking into it but it seems to have come good in the meantime (hopefully).

Edit: GAH! Came back and went again before I could do anything. Intermittent bugs are the worst kind of bug.

The screwed up page was because of Shane's sig. Apparently the acronym bbcode and sigs don't mix well.

Jan 31, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
HaydenStudios said:
I also think this is happening to others due to Polaris accidentally decuple posting in one of my threads.
Oh, don't worry. That was just my phone being stupid.

★Rant Time★
The thing is, my phone was being realllly slow and laggy for no reason at all. I viewed Hayden's thread after some difficulty getting on the page. I wrote a nice little answer, and pressed Post...but nothing happened. Usually I'd press post, and after a short interval it would appear. But, nope.

I spammed the button,and waited. After a while a post did appear. And right after it was another post with like 15 copies of the text inside.

My first thought was to delete it, no harm done. But, I couldn't. I hit the delete button, but it would simply flash as usual and do nothing no matter how much I hit it. I forced it to load by opening it in a new window,but after 4+ minutes of loading it spit me into an error page saying I couldn't use the feature.

Honestly.

I was pretty annoyed and worried by now, so I decided to contact a mod (Noxid) to delete it for me. After 20 or so minutes spent, I finally managed to get to Noxid's profile, where my reward was another two minutes getting Profile Feed to load. When it did, I clicked the field and started to type a message-and then Browser force closed without warning.

I couldn't get directly back to Noxid's page because it simply would continue loading forever. So insert half an hour getting back to Noxid a different way here.

I finally did, but didn't want to risk opening Profile Feed again. So, I used a very convenient direct PM link on Overview to send a desperate S.O.S letter. In retrospect it was pretty hilarious, but it wasn't very funny to me right then...

Thank goodness the message got fired off without a hitch, so I turned off Internet, horribly abused my phone for a while, then went to read a book.

Two hours later, I check back and notice that my internet had suddenly started working normally again, and the post had been deleted. I also notice Hayden responding to my post - with "( ×10)" after every sentence.

._.

*sigh*

Besides that, the forums work perfectly fine for me, so I can be thankful for that at least ^_^

Feb 4, 2013 at 7:07 PM
The Eternal Darkness
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
andwhyisit said:
The screwed up page was because of Shane's sig. Apparently the acronym bbcode and sigs don't mix well.
Wow. I manage to cause trouble even while I'm unable to access this place... :o
Sorry about that ^_^"

Anyway...

Would it be possible to add a "clear notification" thing that clears the notification count?
Due to me being forced to use a proxy server, clicking on the notification icon at the top goes to the Notification thing in the User CP, instead of opening a menu like it usually does, and at the moment my notifications are (apparently) 655 right now. D:

I can't delete them from the list-thing because the moment I try it just goes to my profile page and does nothing.
Or is this because of using a proxy server to access these forums and the main site?

Feb 5, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Professional Whatever
Now that I get an email notification I remember a bug/thing.

Here is the notification I got from Shane's post:
------------ QUOTE ----------
-----------------------------

Wow. I manage to cause trouble even while I'm unable to access this place... :oSorry about that ^_^"...Anyway...Would it be possible to add a "clear notification" thing that clears the notification count?Due to me being forced to use a proxy server, clicking on the notification icon at the top goes to the Notification thing in the User CP, instead of opening a menu like it usually does, and at the moment my notifications are (apparently) 655 right now. D:I can't delete them from the list-thing because the moment I try it just goes to my profile page and does nothing.Or is this because of using a proxy server to access these forums and the main site?

So, the --quote-- thing is working again. But there's still an absence of line breaks in the message which makes it a little difficult to read.

Also, email notifications used to show image links when an image is included in a post. Now it just shows blank space, which is a bit annoying.

Not exactly high-maintenance but I thought I should bring it up.

Feb 13, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Based Member
So, I'm not sure whether the majority is for or against this, but I, personally, prefer there to be a box around the spoiler'd content when you open it so that it won't blend in with the rest of the post and be confusing. By this, I do NOT mean I want there to be a box when it isn't open, just when it is.

Not sure how many people have what preferences. Some more opinions on this would probably be good.

Feb 13, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Professional Whatever
I agree with Hayden. It's really difficult to see what's in the spoiler and what isn't without the box.

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
If there is a hassle-free way to implement an option, like Dunc2403 said, that sounds like the best thing to do. Besides that, I'd choose the box over nothing. My main issue is what Magic said.

Mar 16, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Professional Whatever
I was fooling around with profile messages and I noticed that you don't get notified if someone comments on a conversation you weren't "directly involved with".
Example:

Randolf messages Tpcool. (Tpcool gets a notification)
Tpcool replies.(Randolf gets a notification)
I reply. (They both get a notification maybe?)
Randolf replies. (Only Tpcool gets a notification; I do not)

So I was wondering if notifications could be implemented in this situation (so that I would get a notification for replies after mine). Not a huge deal but it would be handy.
As always sorry for confusion if there is any.

Mar 16, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Based Member
There is already such a notification option.

1. Go to your profile and click "Edit my Profile"
2. Click on "Notification Options"
3. Under "Status Updates", select the desired check marks by the text that says "Notify me of replies to status updates I have replied to"

Screenshot:

Notification_zpsca05437f.png

Mar 16, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Professional Whatever
Oh that's odd, I guess I unchecked those boxes somehow. I know I had them all checked at one point.
Thanks for the info.

Mar 24, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Hyperbolic
The Youtube and the Spoiler button don't work when I compose a message. I need to type manually "IyoutubeI...I/youtubeI" or "IspoilerI....IspoilerI, etc.... Is there a fix to this? I am using Firefox under Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

Mar 24, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Professional Whatever
Switch to bbcode mode, use buttons, switch back

Mar 24, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Hyperbolic
Thank you

Apr 1, 2013 at 7:47 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
What version of Firefox? Is this BBCode mode or WYSIWYG mode?
Nevermind. I can reproduce the issue.

Edit: I think I've found a fix so I'll implement it tonight when i have time.

Edit 2: It's fixed.

Test..

Apr 1, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Been here way too long...
When editing text inside quotes in WYSIWYG mode, deleting the first character in the quote causes the quote tags to disappear, leaving it as a plain-text sentence. Undo doesn't undo it. IPBoard's text editor is hoodwinking us something fierce recently.

Apr 1, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Yeah, it's best you use BBCode mode, or insert a new first character before killing the rest.

Apr 1, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Been here way too long...
That's what I do, but I'd like to abbreviate quotes without getting hoodwinked by IPBoard. If it's not too much trouble.

Apr 8, 2013 at 4:38 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
I'm sure Andwhy can find a fix...

EDIT: Odd happenings in Profile Messaging.

I went to Snow B34r's profile to leave a comment complimenting said user's picture...I left the comment in the appropriate field and pressed "Post", then scrolled up to watch the green indicator.

...but when it finished and I scrolled back down, I saw that, rather than my comment, 2 comments from Scythe-X to ElecMaw had appeared. (Note that the comments section was empty before.)

Confused, I refreshed the page, and it was once again barren...except for a "View all comments" button. I clicked it, but all I got was more emptiness.

Weird, huh?

EDIT EDIT:It looks like ElecMaw's been having this problem too...when he tried leaving a message for Scythe-X. Odd...