Suu No Monogatari ~ Sue's Story 0.2.0.1

Jun 20, 2013 at 9:43 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
fadoink said:
I REALLY like your mod!
Yeah, not to be rude. . .but could you re-phrase this so I can understand it?

-You need to make it so You can't get to the fortress before you unload. The doctor got his crown before I even saw him without his crown.

Jun 20, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I think he used the chest you meant to delete before unloading the helicopter...

Thats what I figure he meant.

Jun 21, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
NOT ENOUGH DEMO
Still cool,
BUT NOT ENOUGH DEMO

Jun 21, 2013 at 12:52 AM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
Parkraft123 said:
NOT ENOUGH DEMO
Still cool,
BUT NOT ENOUGH DEMO
I see your point, five minutes of play isn't much at all.

though none f you have found the super secret thing I put in the game. . .

But you do realize that I put a LOT of work into the little things.

Most of the time I've spent on this mod has been learning to hack the title screen and the NPCs.

(I'm working on a new boss for the next release)

Jun 21, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
See: Amamichi, which still has minimal released content
Having something is better than nothing. Don't worry about it being short if you've worked hard on it.

Jun 21, 2013 at 4:29 AM
Professional Whatever
Quiet you I have had plenty of little time to mod

Jun 21, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
To me, it seems a little odd that you would release such a short demo while it's teeming with glitches and spelling mistakes. Don't get me wrong, a short demo is fine, but it doesn't leave a good first impression if I find a glitch every half a minute or a typo every <NOD (speaking of <NOD, I believe you were missing a few of those). Don't let that get your hopes down, though. Minus the typos, the dialogue was fairly well constructed and believable. The levels (what there was of them, anyway) were mostly good, but I noticed some aesthetic issues. I believe just in the Cave area, the Waterway looked fine. Also, if it isn't just me making things up, it looked like the Waterway had multiple paths which is really cool.

Jun 21, 2013 at 3:24 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
Tpcool said:
To me, it seems a little odd that you would release such a short demo while it's teeming with glitches and spelling mistakes. Don't get me wrong, a short demo is fine, but it doesn't leave a good first impression if I find a glitch every half a minute or a typo every <NOD (speaking of <NOD, I believe you were missing a few of those). Don't let that get your hopes down, though. Minus the typos, the dialogue was fairly well constructed and believable. The levels (what there was of them, anyway) were mostly good, but I noticed some aesthetic issues. I believe just in the Cave area, the Waterway looked fine. Also, if it isn't just me making things up, it looked like the Waterway had multiple paths which is really cool.

the. . . dialogue. . .was a-actually. . . believable?!?!?

I thought I did terrible with it to put it bluntly. :/

anyways thanks.

and the waterway does have multiple paths. (just two)

@ doors:

Thanks, tell me that again in a month with the next release having very little new content. :pignon: :pignon2:

Jun 21, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Professional Whatever
See: Amamichi, which has been in development since September and still has minimal content.

Also I just realized that both of my banners link to my dA page
whoops

Jun 21, 2013 at 5:14 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
MagicDoors said:
Also I just realized that both of my banners link to my dA page
whoops
I thought you knew that. I would have told you but I thought you did it on purpose.

Jun 21, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
Ok! More bugs incoming...

The Caves and Waterways seem fine. They were fun.

Pretty much all the bugs I found today are from exploring Mimiga village instead of going inside with Toroko... so you might already know all this but haven't the chance to change it in this current version.

- Mahin's text is broken. You're probably missing a <MSG, and I think if you select "no" to whatever question he asks, it does a complete event glitch-out.

- Kanpachi still talks as if your quote, as in telling sue's story of landing in the reservoir, when your standing right there.

- Even though you made it impossible to grab the Silver locket, it still sets the flags to start the balrog fight when you go into the shack... speaking of which:

- It seems you changed some dialogue and mechanics of the balrog fight... though it still starts with toroko trying to kill you and talking like your quote.

- there's more bugs in the balrog fight... but I'm guessing that you didn't want the fight to happen anyways... so I won't post them.

Jun 28, 2013 at 11:49 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
EnlightenedOne said:
Ok! More bugs incoming...

The Caves and Waterways seem fine. They were fun.

Pretty much all the bugs I found today are from exploring Mimiga village instead of going inside with Toroko... so you might already know all this but haven't the chance to change it in this current version.

- Mahin's text is broken. You're probably missing a <MSG, and I think if you select "no" to whatever question he asks, it does a complete event glitch-out.

- Kanpachi still talks as if your quote, as in telling sue's story of landing in the reservoir, when your standing right there.

- Even though you made it impossible to grab the Silver locket, it still sets the flags to start the balrog fight when you go into the shack... speaking of which:

- It seems you changed some dialogue and mechanics of the balrog fight... though it still starts with toroko trying to kill you and talking like your quote.

- there's more bugs in the balrog fight... but I'm guessing that you didn't want the fight to happen anyways... so I won't post them.

ha ha, Someone found the balrog bug. :balrog:

that's actually how I got started with this mod. I just was messing with the <MIM command that doors hacked into the game for me. I thought, "Hmm. . .What if I put Sue up there. . " So I did, messed with some dialogue, (in the shack) and that's how the mod started.

And another thing, be sure to talk to Tokoro. . .lots. . .

P.S look in the script at the map Helicopter (Outside) if you feel like it.

Ok, I guess that It's time for another update.

first of all, all of the bugs you guys have pointed out are now fixed.

thanks for doing testing for me guys. :)

As for 0.1.1 Many minor things (like more text, and polishing up maps) are done for the most part. . .

Also Mud Zone WILL be finished before 0.1.1 is launched. I'm just having some problems with the boss to load properly and such. ect. ect.

Itho now has a new NPC, and more text has been added.

I also plan on adding a lot more content on the balcony before the jump.

And maybe if time permits and I can get some help making "Sue's Theme" then that will be added in 0.1.1 (I suck a making music)

So it *Should* be just over a month(?) before I release a new demo.

Anyways, thanks for all the help and support you guys have given to me.

Thanks again.

~Bombchu Link~

Jul 7, 2013 at 3:27 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
In the original CV, King says "We are just 7 left". This means that, in the mimiga village, actually, were a lot more of mimigas before the Doctor arrived, think about it, Toroko says that, the Doctor taked aways mimigas and killed others... I think it would be a good idea if you give more life to the Mimiga village, addin more mimiga-npc's.

Just saying x)

I loved your demo, some days i replay it just for fun. If you need help with the story i would love to help. Keep the good work : )

Jul 7, 2013 at 9:11 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
Desghostler said:
In the original CV, King says "We are just 7 left". This means that, in the mimiga village, actually, were a lot more of mimigas before the Doctor arrived, think about it, Toroko says that, the Doctor taked aways mimigas and killed others... I think it would be a good idea if you give more life to the Mimiga village, addin more mimiga-npc's.

Just saying x)

I loved your demo, some days i replay it just for fun. If you need help with the story i would love to help. Keep the good work : )
I have though about having her arrive before the attack on the village, but that would take more time to do. If it IS incorporated, it won't be ready in time for 0.1.1 . I have 100 other things to work on before 0.1.1 is done, so, you know. :/

And King says 7 mimiga?

In 0.1 I THINK Tokoro says 9. . .

(need to fix that)

Also (to everyone) Mud zone has been scraped in favor of the 'Flower Cavern'. This will be where the doctor first looks for the red flowers.

And don't expect 0.1.1 for at least 3-5 weeks. (It really depends on how much I will be working this summer)

Hopefully, when 0.1.1 is finished I can make a proposal to Noxid to have my mod 2X for 0.1.2 if 0.1.1 is impressive enough of a mod. . .

No promises though

Jul 12, 2013 at 2:50 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Hello, your Sue's Story ~ Demo Version (Cave Story) some good.

But I saw chest box down there for outside before Crown Doctor, you forgot removed chest box and I saw post is correct.

But I doing record look around in Mimiga village same like present not past for mistake.

However for doing boss same again is BUG forever. I made finish upload for your modding.

Nice work if you want more work for see see full version and I make some more record again.

If you don't like for more my record and I will stop for your modding for your wish and I won't harm you.

This is my video upload for your modding:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyNFzx0zqaE

Jul 13, 2013 at 5:56 AM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
EddieERL said:
Hello, your Sue's Story ~ Demo Version (Cave Story) some good.

But I saw chest box down there for outside before Crown Doctor, you forgot removed chest box and I saw post is correct.

But I doing record look around in Mimiga village same like present not past for mistake.

However for doing boss same again is BUG forever. I made finish upload for your modding.

Nice work if you want more work for see see full version and I make some more record again.

If you don't like for more my record and I will stop for your modding for your wish and I won't harm you.

This is my video upload for your modding:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyNFzx0zqaE
I would love it if you would do a "Let's Play Sue's Story" That would be awesome, and the video is great. :D Having a fan-base really helps with modding, it given me incentive to keep going. :)

And Demo 0.1.1 does have all of the bugs fixed, (just so you know) and it will be twice as good as 0.1.0 (not twice as long though)

Jul 13, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Hyperbolic
It looks fun so I'll try it :)

Jul 14, 2013 at 4:04 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Some of these are probably documented but in the current release:
Itoh can be found in both the cockpit and outside at the same time.
A weird garbled pseudo Igor critter can be found to the left of the balcony at night.
The blocks on the left edge of the balcony keep changing every time the game switches from day to night and vice versa.
You cannot enter the helicopter through the door to sleep, but rather through some unmarked side section of the helicopter. This is in stark contrast to the start of the mod where any part of the helicopter grants you entry.
For that matter you can't talk to Date for the exact same reason.
You can enter the helicopter by going into the throne room for some reason.
Entering the cockpit and returning after sleeping makes Kazuma appear in the room, talking to him starts the helping Kazuma scene all over again.
Running rightwards after Itoh is changed to a Mimiga starts the whole event all over again.
Running left after this scene triggers a transition (you shouldn't be using a new map to get around a H/V Trigger anyways).
Running right after this transition triggers another transition.
Itoh doesn't turn around when saying "SPARE ME" to Misery.
The first cave map has two nooks in the floor that you have to jump over and a block that isn't solid.
Mahin asks you a question, but the options and question are both hidden to the player.
Mahin gives you the option of eating flowers or displaying the sue cage scene sans sue or king (WTF?!) for some reason.
Kanpachi talks to Sue about Sue with his default dialogue.
You can still obtain Arthur's key from the graveyard.

This could be a great mod with a bit of polish. Keep it up!

Jul 14, 2013 at 3:35 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
andwhyisit said:
Some of these are probably documented but in the current release:
Itoh can be found in both the cockpit and outside at the same time.
A weird garbled pseudo Igor critter can be found to the left of the balcony at night.
The blocks on the left edge of the balcony keep changing every time the game switches from day to night and vice versa.
You cannot enter the helicopter through the door to sleep, but rather through some unmarked side section of the helicopter. This is in stark contrast to the start of the mod where any part of the helicopter grants you entry.
For that matter you can't talk to Date for the exact same reason.
You can enter the helicopter by going into the throne room for some reason.
Entering the cockpit and returning after sleeping makes Kazuma appear in the room, talking to him starts the helping Kazuma scene all over again.
Running rightwards after Itoh is changed to a Mimiga starts the whole event all over again.
Running left after this scene triggers a transition (you shouldn't be using a new map to get around a H/V Trigger anyways).
Itoh doesn't turn around when saying "SPARE ME" to Misery.
The first cave map has two nooks in the floor that you have to jump over and a block that isn't solid.
Mahin asks you a question, but the options and question are both hidden to the player.
Mahin gives you the option of eating flowers or displaying the sue cage scene sans sue or king (WTF?!) for some reason.
Kanpachi talks to Sue about Sue with his default dialogue.
You can still obtain Arthur's key from the graveyard.

This could be a great mod with a bit of polish. Keep it up!

- Fixed in 0.1.1

-same as above

-this is known. . . other things will change as well on the balcony at night (in 0.1.1)

-that's because of the hitbox area of the heli, fixed

-to prevent super glitches, an H/v trigger has been placed

-Yeah, I know I'll fix that. (I may need two separate NPC's with the same script no.)

-Itho now has an actual NPC (instead of the debug cat)

-Never actually got around to fixing this, I'll look into it. And the not-so solid block is there on purpose so you know.

-Mahin's text is not broken anymore in 0.1.1

-Kapaichi text is changed, and funnier in 0.1.1

-Fixed in 0.1.1

but one thing.

it does. . .? The only <TRA in there is the one that begins the entire cutscene. It could be fixed with a <MOV

anyways, thanks for the feeback. :)

I should really put less time in to useless Easter eggs and more time into the actual mod.