Sue and Kazuma's father?

May 15, 2010 at 1:16 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
So, I think it is fairly possible that one of the in-game characters are Sue's father, nominally either:

A- The Doctor

or

B- Itoh.

Anyways, since it is never mentioned from my knowledge at least, any relationship possible between them and Momorin has already ended.

I would take the guess it's Itoh and they are separated, seeing as they are both engineers and seem to be part of the original research team, while the doctor was taken as part of the trip later (at least Momorin's dialogue seems to imply this, because she says that "he promised to cure them" or something as the reason for him to go, and this woudn't be so if they were somehow related).

So, what so you think? MomorinxItoh seems to be almost canon lol

May 15, 2010 at 2:40 PM
Been here way too long...
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I've seen a lot of people around talk about it being the Doctor, but that's always debunked. I would just feel like there'd at least be some hint to it--I mean, even if Kazuma and Momorin were too proud to admit it, surely Sue at her age would have let it slip--that the guy you're aiming to KILL is THAT CLOSE to them.

Itoh, though? I think that's actually kind of plausible. Again, the fact that Kazuma and Sue don't even mention him at all ever is weird if he were actually their father, but how Momorin treats him really makes you think it could be "the lover that doesn't live up to her standards" in some ways. Like, they make such a huge deal about him being a "coward" when any sane person would probably do just what Itoh did... but if Momorin loved him and he ran off instead of protecting her, it'd be a big deal, yeah.

Well, I'd say it seems more like Itoh and Momo just have a thing going on than Itoh's anyone's dad.. yet. It is awfully weird that the guy isn't even passively mentioned, though. There's the possibility that he's a normal civilian that has nothing to do with the scientific field AND was separated from Momo so there's like no reason for him to have been on the island. Well, except to protect his kids, and the fact he didn't do that proves why they wouldn't care to even talk about him. And then there's the probably most obvious answer, that he's simply dead, and they don't wanna mention him because it's painful.

May 15, 2010 at 3:14 PM
Then there is the little detail that Kazuma is a bit of a coward too, you know, wanting to escape with the Sky Dragon and leaving her mother and sister (and Itoh) with in the island a murdering megalomaniac, and the fact that in the bad end he shelters with quote in a mountain cave for the rest of his life.
Maybe an inherited trait from his possible father? lol

May 15, 2010 at 6:46 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I don`t beleive in the "fatherhood" of Itoh or Date. But you can never be sure, so ask Momorin:p

May 15, 2010 at 7:02 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
I don't remember seeing any evidence or hint about Sue's father in the game...

Itoh? The DOCTOR?
I don't think either of those could be Sue's father... unless everyone simply refuses to acknowledge that fact in any shape or form... In fact I think there is less of a chance of it being true since it is never addressed in their discussions, than if the random message in the Waterway Cabin belonged to her father...

Bottomline I see no evidence about Sue's father. But... I like to think :

The Waterway Cabin message from Pixel about his child [Born xx/xx/xx], is about Sue; written by Sue's father... (when Sue was born?)
Even if the message is about Pixel, since it's in game, I like to tie it in to something else... (also the cabin has a lot of books on robots and stuff; and shares the same slogan as Booster says "I pray for your victory." Booster also seems to recognize Quote... The reason I bring this up is for my later argument about Sue's father. I don't think Booster is the dad btw lol, more like Sue's guardian or something...)

Also, Sue's treasured item was that fish amulet that she gives to Toroko. (says it looks like it's been treasured for years) I like to imagine it was something given to her by her father.

Booster says Sue never wanted to come to the island, but they brought her anyway since.. "she couldn't stay by herself"... I'm not sure what that means.. if they couldn't afford to have someone look after her; or if they live on a secluded secret island, with nobody else; or why Sue simply HAD to come.

Booster says, "Please heed my last request. If you see Sue again, I want you to take her and flee this island. That girl is Sakamoto's daughter, and she never wanted to come here in the first place. But, we couldn't leave the child all alone, so she had no choice but to come along with us."

"That girl is Sakamoto's daughter, and she never wanted to come here in the first place." I like to think Booster is referring to Sakamoto Sr., Sue's father...

Everyone addresses everyone by their first name... Why the sudden reversal? It could just be a formality added for Momorin...
But, I dunno... I suppose I see the mystery around Booster; and want more. It would be more meaningful if Booster is referring to the father.

Booster doesn't ask Quote to save Momorin or Kazuma... or even try to escape with Momorin and Kazuma; telling me that maybe Sue is more important to Booster than the others... (It's a stretch, but Booster only talks about Sue.)
Also Momorin, Kazuma... doesn't seem concerned that Booster isn't being saved, or ask Quote about him... I just want to think Booster is closer to Sue because he knew her dad...

(I guess this is all a stretch, but I just get the impression that Booster doesn't want anything to happen to Sue, maybe because of a promise or something...)

May 15, 2010 at 9:59 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
This sorta supports the "She was a wild child" theory.

May 16, 2010 at 7:40 AM
Or maybe Kazuma is Momorin's original maiden last name and she is a single mom, which may be another reason for father to never be mentioned.

May 16, 2010 at 7:49 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
what

Kanpachi is their father.

May 16, 2010 at 5:48 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
D. Chaba!

May 16, 2010 at 6:23 PM
"Huzzah!"
I'm going to go back to my "The Doctor is the damn father!" theory.

I always wondered why the Doctor used Misery and Balrog to kill Arthur, but when it came to Momorin he just supposedly threw her off the island.
Ok, that may seem like a bigger deal than what I'm putting across, but Momorin seems fine when you find her. She doesn't even have that retared bandage on her like Kazuma does.
Why would Momorin be perfectly fine if she was thrown off the island? And why didn't the Doctor use his goons to kill her like he did with Arthur? Why did he deal with her personally?

My guess, if the Doctor wasn't either the husband of Momorin, the father of Sue (as in no marriage), or even just intimately involved with each other, he would have had no problem getting rid of her. But, if there was something going on with them, even being as evil as he was he was still human, if at least only partly now, and he would still have emotion.
So, either one of two things happened:

-He threw her off the island, but to somewhere where he'd knew she'd land safely. She would have no idea that was what he meant to do, and she would just think his attempt to kill her had failed.

-He made a deal with her. If she left and never interferred with his plans, he would only tell everyone else a story that he threw her off the island. However, to make sure she kept her word, he wanted Sue to keep as a hostage. That would explain why Misery and Balrog were searching for Sue, since that was who Kazuma, Momorin, and Booster all wanted to save. (Also, to help support my theory, at the jail in Plantation Mahin and Sue are in the cell together. However, only Sue is taken out and brought to the Doctor.)

Whether either part is true, the Doctor apparently wants Sue for a reason. It may be at first out of care, but that all seems to be gone when he becomes corrupted by the Red Crystal and takes over, mutates, and uses Sue to try to kill Quote.

Ok, so what's wrong with my theory?

May 16, 2010 at 6:33 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Mike73 said:
Why would Momorin be perfectly fine if she was thrown off the island? And why didn't the Doctor use his goons to kill her like he did with Arthur? Why did he deal with her personally?
Maybe the doctor's not such a bad guy; he's a power-hungry maniac but he's not a murderer.
*note* mimgas are creatures so it's okay to kill them.

-He threw her off the island, but to somewhere where he'd knew she'd land safely. She would have no idea that was what he meant to do, and she would just think his attempt to kill her had failed.

-He made a deal with her. If she left and never interferred with his plans, he would only tell everyone else a story that he threw her off the island. However, to make sure she kept her word, he wanted Sue to keep as a hostage. That would explain why Misery and Balrog were searching for Sue, since that was who Kazuma, Momorin, and Booster all wanted to save. (Also, to help support my theory, at the jail in Plantation Mahin and Sue are in the cell together. However, only Sue is taken out and brought to the Doctor.)
I'm more inclined to believe the first one. They wanted Sue because she was a human-turned mimiga and therefore important to his research. Couldn't use Itoh because they didn't know where he was I'd assume. Doc knew he was a coward so he could be squirrled away in any little hidey-hole on the island, Sue would be easier to find. Also she's just a little girl so she couldn't put up much of a fight.

May 17, 2010 at 1:35 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Nah, I don't think so. lol

May 17, 2010 at 1:48 PM
That the Doctor didn't kill Momorin and wanted specifically Sue is no reason enough to propose is it husband / father.

I d' say maybe the Doctor wanted Sue for either his research or use as a hostage so Momorin, Kazuma, Booster and Itoh would reveal themselves and surrender.
Also, she was a mimiga the other's though was sacrificeable and wouldn't rebel for her.

Besides, whenever the Doctor is mentioned by the other research crew they say he "wormed into" the trip by presenting himself as a Doctor and stuff, while he was only trying to get the crown and rule the world.

Also in regards specifically to killing Momorin and the others, he originally did not intend to kill the humans (not even killing the mimigas was his direct plan, only those that would stand up to him), that's why the crew have been referred as to have "worked by his orders" once he got the power.

Feb 25, 2011 at 1:35 AM
Banned
Sue's Dad?

Where is Mr. Sakamoto?I thought that the doctor was sue's dad,(he had greenish hair)until i saw that his name was Date Fuhiko.(something close to that,I'm writing from memory)It may have nothing to do with the story, but it still makes me wonder.

Feb 25, 2011 at 12:00 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Re: Sue's Dad?

Mahin??

Feb 25, 2011 at 8:39 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"

She doesn't necessarily have to have a father...

Feb 25, 2011 at 8:52 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"

it's impossible for humans to not have a father
even if you're not raised by one, you still technically have one

Feb 25, 2011 at 10:16 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"

sexplosive said:

Uh, that's not what I meant.

Feb 25, 2011 at 11:37 PM
Pirate Member
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"

retarded thread deserves lock.

Feb 26, 2011 at 1:41 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator

sexplosive said:

Maybe she's a clone of Momorin, and hence Momo is her mother but is also 100% responsible for sue's genetic payload :awesomeface: