Steam Summer Sale 2013

Jul 11, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Melon Lord
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Well here we are again. Hope your wallets are ready. Personally I'm still trying to think up of a list for what I want. Figured you folks would like to share what you're getting/bought during this whole thing. Maybe even recommend some games to each other, eh?

Now to just hope the Store doesn't break again....

At the moment, I'm just hoping for Spelunky HD to come out already. Maybe get Fez too.

Jul 11, 2013 at 6:18 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I don't usually pay enough attention to steam but if someone sees Age of Empires II: HD on sale plz lemme know because I'm jonesin for that one

Jul 11, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Been here way too long...
The savings were too incredible; steampowered.com is down. I was gonna buy Chivalry when (WHEN) it goes on sale ;_;

Jul 11, 2013 at 9:25 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Spelunky HD will be out August 8th, so unfortunately it won't be on sale. :(
Anyway, luckily have a bit of money for Steam to devour, probably going to get the Runner 2 DLC, Bleed and Antichamber.

Jul 11, 2013 at 11:01 PM
"Huzzah!"
I found a check just today that I lost in my room and it's for $62, so I decided it will be for the Steam Summer Sale. The timing for finding it could not have been more perfect! :orangebell:
After a fair amount of Steam overload fail, I was able to purchase:

- Torchlight II for $9.99
- Anodyne for $4.99
- Borderlands 2 Psycho Pack DLC for $6.69
- Wizorb for $0.74

I'll probably end up spending slightly more than the $62 when all is said and done.

Btw, Cave Story+ is 75% off until the 22nd. I expect that everyone at least has the original Cave Story, but there may still be a few people that do not own CS+..?

Jul 11, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Well, chances are, I'm going to be getting a lot of games with this sale... My list is:
Left 4 Dead 2
Home (Apparently this weird mystery game)
Runner2 (With Character pack DLC)
The Binding of Isaac
Garry's Mod (Something that seems interesting)
Portal + Portal 2 pack (Never played the games)

I already own CS+, so I don't need to buy a copy of it.

Jul 12, 2013 at 1:36 AM
PixelVortex said:
probably going to get the Runner 2 DLC, Bleed
This.

Jul 12, 2013 at 3:22 AM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I would have bought bastion which i had just enough money for from selling cards on the market, so i could have gotten it for free but....... I bought it on amazon a day earlier. Same with psychonauts although i wouldn't have the money to buy it since i sold psychonauts trading cards. *Insert rage FUUUUU meme here* So i'm getting CS+. 2.49 for a wind fortress and two new soundtracks is a good enough deal for me.

Jul 12, 2013 at 3:31 AM
Banned
GET HYPED

MIRROR'S EDGE AND FF7

BEST GAMES.

BUY

Jul 12, 2013 at 6:24 AM
"Huzzah!"
I just now realized that the Borderlands 2 DLC got 66% off along with the game. Didn't realize it worked like that. Feel kinda stupid now (bought the Psycho DLC a little too soon). Just putting that there in case someone else didn't think about it either. From now on, I'll keep that in mind when voting for games. I already owned Borderlands 2, so I voted for something else, but there is still some DLC that I wanted. If Skyrim comes around for a community vote, I'll be voting on it for sure, because I don't have any DLC for that game.

About the trading cards:
Yeah, get cards. Even if you don't care about leveling up your Steam level, you can sell them on the community market. Right now they go for roughly 30-60 cents each (it's getting lower and lower for most cards), and you usually get 3-4 card drops for every game that has cards. To get card drops without bothering to "play" the game, just run the game and alt-tab out of the game, letting it run in the background. You don't have to alt-tab out, but if you want to do other stuff on your computer while you wait for the cards to drop, then you'll want to do that (unless your computer cannot handle the multi-tasking). Or you can just play the game as you wait for cards to drop, but if there is a game that you don't want to play at the moment, but you do want the cards from, you can do that. I encourage people to act quickly, getting as many cards as fast as you can, because you'll make the most profit right now, or you'll be lucky at the end of things and end up with really rare cards that some people will pay LOTS for.

I second FF7! It's not on sale yet and I'm not sure if it will be (it JUST got on Steam a few days ago, and it's already pretty fair priced). I already bought it a couple days ago because I just couldn't wait. FF7 is a god among RPG classics. It's like the Final Fantasy's version of Ocarina of Time. I'm talking about what I mean by "classic", and how many of the fans rave about the games; not saying they are alike. The two games are vastly different, but both have a solid place in gaming history.

Jul 12, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Follow the advice of TotalBiscuit, do not buy a game in the Steam Sale unless it is a Daily Deal, Flash Sale or Community's Choice. If the game(s) that you wanted then did not appear on any of those deals buy them on the last day of the Steam Sale.

That way you don't buy a game that is not in one of those deals and then see that the next day see that it is much cheaper. I would also advise watching his series the Salebox where he gives mini-reviews of all the Daily Deals and then says what, he personally thinks, is the Deal of the Day. The series is really useful, here is a link to the first episode for anyone that hasn't seen it: HERE

Jul 12, 2013 at 1:47 PM
"Huzzah!"
Noxid said:
I don't usually pay enough attention to steam but if someone sees Age of Empires II: HD on sale plz lemme know because I'm jonesin for that one
So far it's only 25% off, making it $15. It might go down more though.

PixelVortex said:
Follow the advice of TotalBiscuit, do not buy a game in the Steam Sale unless it is a Daily Deal, Flash Sale or Community's Choice. If the game(s) that you wanted then did not appear on any of those deals buy them on the last day of the Steam Sale.
I saw a certain guide that was very simple, but useful; couldn't find it again, but this one is almost the exact same thing, and it's basically what you said. It's useful for any Steam sale.
p171068-0-szlkhzx.png

Jul 12, 2013 at 9:03 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
FrozenFire said:
FF7 is a god among RPG classics. It's like the Final Fantasy's version of Ocarina of Time.
But what about Final Fantasy VI? :(

Jul 12, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
I didn't think I wanted anything else on Steam, but I ended up making a 50 game wishlist to think about ><

I'm going to follow that chart though, and purchase only when the price is right...
So far I've only gotten :
FTL (Faster Than Light)
Hotline Miami

I'm not so sure about the violent Hotline Miami, but I figured it was a good enough price and highly rated, that I'd give it a chance D:
And FTL, well... It could be interesting D: Dad might like it... and the music is nice.

Jul 12, 2013 at 11:51 PM
"Huzzah!"
Polaris said:
But what about Final Fantasy VI? :(
Just going from what I've read/seen/heard. But definitely, Final Fantasy VI was actually the very first FF game I ever played, and it will surely remain a favorite for life. A lot of FF games have been incredible though and I like a lot of them. Haven't got to play hardly any of the newer ones though since I only have PS2 and Gamecube consoles (excuse = I'm a PC gamer with limited money).

I have a recommendation for those of you that like anime (slightly on the cute side) and a worthwhile RPG story, I just noticed that Fortune Summoners: Secret of the Elemental Stone is only $5 (reg. price is $20), and it is a gem that few know about. The screenshots on Steam simply don't do it justice. I highly recommend it. My only warning for you is that you cannot push through the whole game by simply mashing buttons; you may find this game incredibly frustrating if you suck horribly at the fighting mechanics. I actually didn't like it at first, because I mashed the buttons and it "seemed" like it wasn't very responsive, but then I learned that it was just because I've played too many dumbed-down fighting games, and I was extremely glad I gave it a chance, because I discovered that fighting took a bit of skill which made victories more satisfying. I put 30+ hours into this game, loving every minute (after the first 20 minutes or so of n00bz frustr4tion). It's arguably the best game to date that Carpe Fulgar has localized on Steam (Carpe Fulgar is the publisher, Lizsoft made the game). "Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale", is the second best game published by them and it's also worth a buy if it ever gets to 75% off, and "Chantelise - A Tale of Two Sisters" just plain sucks. NEVER buy it (unless maybe it gets trading cards, which is extremely unlikely). I mainly like Fortune Summoners because the story was surprisingly quite fun to play through. It just had a good "role-play" vibe to it that really clicked with me. Most RPGs aren't able to draw me in like this one did. I would describe the game as both quaint/cute and adventurous. I kinda feel like playing through it again now.

Jul 13, 2013 at 2:51 AM
Melon Lord
About to buy Fez. Waiting for another BL2 Discount to buy the Season Pass, along with a discount higher than 50% on Runner 2. Also 70 cents get for selling a Tour of Duty ticket....now to play my other games with cards to sell those too. Maybe.

Also I love this summary of these Sales.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoGxA48HQ1g

I really should try setting up a Co-Op meet-up in Borderlands 2. Start at the beginning and work our way up. Could be fun. Maybe Castle Crashers as well. It'd be fun to stream if more people watched it.

Jul 13, 2013 at 3:18 AM
Banned
Aw yiss, attack on titan.

Back on topic, I encourage anyone who does not already own Mirror's edge to get it because it's the shit yo.

Jul 13, 2013 at 4:01 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
And here I am, throwing my empty wallet at the screen, but nothing is happening...I need HELP.

Jul 13, 2013 at 4:57 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
X, Hotline Miami is amazing and is made by one of my favourite developers, cactusquid, creator of such amazing games as Mondo Medicals. I can almost guarantee you that it'll be worth every penny.

Jul 13, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Melon Lord
Noxid said:
Well it's 50% off from today's Daily Deal, so there's an oppurtunity.

Aaaand Borderlands 2 is 66% off again - time to buy the Season Pass.