something i noticed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 12, 2007 at 6:03 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Go ahead and point me out a tree in cavestory. Take a screenshot; not of my mod.

Dec 12, 2007 at 6:53 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"

I was just joking lol. o.o

Dec 12, 2007 at 10:55 PM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
diph.php

Trees.

Sorry it looks crappy, I did it really fast in paint and paint hates me. :p

Dec 12, 2007 at 11:01 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Trees are not the only plants you can obtain wood from.

Atravir said:
diph.php

Trees.

Sorry it looks crappy, I did it really fast in paint and paint hates me. :p
As long as you have a long enough bungee cord. :D It is unknown about how the Mimigas are able to make it to the surface but it's obvious that they can since they did that in order to get to the surface during the Undead Core fight while in their frenzied state.

Dec 13, 2007 at 2:01 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Roonil Wazlib said:
Remember that water was available in the mimiga village, and yet the only thing in CS that puts out fire was jellyfish juice. I'm pretty sure Santa made the fireball himself in that case.
You have it wrong. Jellyfish juice is the only thing in CS that puts out fire and then starts it again. I imagine that the mimigas, like many primitive cultures*, have a difficult time getting fires started (and a lack of trade with the surface prevents them from getting flint and steel or matches), and as such just putting out a fire to get something out of a fireplace is a bad idea.

Jellyfish juice is probably some sort of mixture of a flammable compound and water. The water damps down the fire to the point where it's safe to pass through, and once it's all evaporated out the flammable compound can be reignited.

*Although imports from the surface have begun to change their way of life - I suspect that many of the high-tech devices that the mimigas have (along with miscellaneous modern items such as Jack's hat) were received as gifts from, traded for, or scavenged from human explorers/researchers. This explains why King still uses a sword - given the scarcity of natural metal in the cave, it would be a status symbol for the Number One to have a metal weapon of any sort. Their culture still hasn't shifted enough to make mimigas with guns possible (too much stigma from the killer robots, I'd imagine). Contrast with the Gaudi, who are much more advanced, and have much more access to metals due to the large deposits of scout robots in the labyrinth and possible deals with Jenka.

**Yes, I love over-analyzing things.

Dec 13, 2007 at 2:24 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Slife said:
You have it wrong. Jellyfish juice is the only thing in CS that puts out fire and then starts it again. I imagine that the mimigas, like many primitive cultures*, have a difficult time getting fires started (and a lack of trade with the surface prevents them from getting flint and steel or matches), and as such just putting out a fire to get something out of a fireplace is a bad idea.

Jellyfish juice is probably some sort of mixture of a flammable compound and water. The water damps down the fire to the point where it's safe to pass through, and once it's all evaporated out the flammable compound can be reignited.

*Although imports from the surface have begun to change their way of life - I suspect that many of the high-tech devices that the mimigas have (along with miscellaneous modern items such as Jack's hat) were received as gifts from, traded for, or scavenged from human explorers/researchers. This explains why King still uses a sword - given the scarcity of natural metal in the cave, it would be a status symbol for the Number One to have a metal weapon of any sort. Their culture still hasn't shifted enough to make mimigas with guns possible (too much stigma from the killer robots, I'd imagine). Contrast with the Gaudi, who are much more advanced, and have much more access to metals due to the large deposits of scout robots in the labyrinth and possible deals with Jenka.

**Yes, I love over-analyzing things.
Yeah I like doing it too.
That explanation fits perfectly, although wouldn't King's status have more to do with his role in the red flower war? Note the red eyes.

Dec 13, 2007 at 9:32 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
andwhyisit said:

As long as you have a long enough bungee cord. :p It is unknown about how the Mimigas are able to make it to the surface but it's obvious that they can since they did that in order to get to the surface during the Undead Core fight while in their frenzied state.

their were teleporters on the island... maybe one led to the ground so they could collect wood XD

Dec 13, 2007 at 11:44 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
andwhyisit said:

As long as you have a long enough bungee cord. :D It is unknown about how the Mimigas are able to make it to the surface but it's obvious that they can since they did that in order to get to the surface during the Undead Core fight while in their frenzied state.

Hey, wait! There was never a sign that the Doctor even had a chance to get them on the ground. They only told how Miakid, the previous crown-bearer, terrorized the Surface with Mimiga.

Dec 13, 2007 at 12:17 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
xristosx said:
their were teleporters on the island... maybe one led to the ground so they could collect wood XD
That makes sense! :D

Dec 13, 2007 at 12:23 PM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Atravir said:
diph.php

Trees.

Sorry it looks crappy, I did it really fast in paint and paint hates me. :D
Or you saved it as a GIF in Paint, which screws the colors up.

Dec 13, 2007 at 12:51 PM
Respwnt
Tadashi said:
Hey, wait! There was never a sign that the Doctor even had a chance to get them on the ground. They only told how Miakid, the previous crown-bearer, terrorized the Surface with Mimiga.
He means that the mimigas escape from their cages when the Undead Core is beaten.

Dec 13, 2007 at 3:29 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Atravir said:
diph.php

Trees.

Sorry it looks crappy, I did it really fast in paint and paint hates me. :D

SEE.

I WAS SURE THERE WAS AT LEAST 1 TREE.

Ty Atravir :D Actually i didn't notice it myself.

._.

Edit- waitaminute that is on the surface... not on the island... o.o

Dec 13, 2007 at 4:52 PM
Respwnt
Metalogz said:
SEE.

I WAS SURE THERE WAS AT LEAST 1 TREE.

Ty Atravir :D Actually i didn't notice it myself.

._.

You can see green stuff on the island as well. I doubt grass is so tall.

Dec 13, 2007 at 11:17 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
andwhyisit said:
Yeah I like doing it too.
That explanation fits perfectly, although wouldn't King's status have more to do with his role in the red flower war? Note the red eyes.
I mean he has the sword because he has a high status in the Mimiga community.

Dec 13, 2007 at 11:21 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Metalogz said:
That was explained.

Slife said:
Ah. :D

Dec 14, 2007 at 9:03 AM
Justin-chan
He threatens the other mimigas with his swords in order to become the leader. He killed Arthur to become the head, he wore a Doctor costume. <:

Do I win yet?

Dec 14, 2007 at 12:01 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
jcys810 said:
He threatens the other mimigas with his swords in order to become the leader. He killed Arthur to become the head, he wore a Doctor costume. <:

Do I win yet?
No. :D

Dec 14, 2007 at 9:01 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
andwhyisit said:
jcys810 said:

Do I win yet?
No. ;)

Quoted for justice.

===
The Red demon - an early red-flower experiment of the doctor - was sent to the village to attack and bring back Mimiga's. However, the doctor hadn't experimented often enough originally, and hadn't factored in the chemecal that destroys sence of reason; while he had created a powerful servent, it soon lost it's mind. Upon entering the village, this had happened; The demon lost it's sense of reason, and decided it would rather kill the mimigas.

Arthur, the lead mimiga at the time, rushed out to meet the demon after it had killed several companions. Using his sword, Arthur wounded and fended off the demon, saving the village. The Demon retreated into the caverns, making his way to the surface.

During the battle, however, Arthur had been wounded. Misery and Ballrog had soon come to the village with the doctor to get more mimigas for experiments, and eventual red-flower harvesting. Arthur came to greet the doctor... only to be smiten by a bolt of energy. Taking all they could find, (Some who were willing, feeling the doctor was all-mighty in defeating Arthur in a single attack) they left - only a few left in the village.

King, a mimiga who had helped many mimigas in hiding, lead the burial for the fallen mimigas during the red demon invasion, and had decided to lead in the burial of Arthur. greeted by the worried face of Toroko. Toroko presented him with her brother's sword, and begged King to fight the doctor, and avenge Arthur's death... Soon after, Toroko laid a key by her brother's grave...

After agreeing, there was a flash of light - a mimiga girl was found laying unconsious near the reservoir pool...
Who was she?

Sue, ofcourse.
===

*takes a bow*

Dec 14, 2007 at 9:12 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
hmm sounds alright, did you make that up?

Status
Not open for further replies.