So what are we all doing for Halloween?

Oct 25, 2011 at 10:57 AM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
In Central Europe there is no Halloween. We have the "day of the dead"* @ November 2nd, when people visit the graves of their loved ones and put flowers on it.

*It translates as "All Soul's Day" in English, but we call "All Soul's Day" the previous day, November 1st, when "we" celebrate all those who "are in heaven", with more emphasis on "salvation" than death and mourning (that's next day).

Oct 25, 2011 at 6:37 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
So which holiday do you use for scaring small children and having drunken sex at parties? Because I can't imagine any culture not doing this annually.

Oct 25, 2011 at 6:54 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Captain Fabulous said:
So which holiday do you use for scaring small children and having drunken sex at parties? Because I can't imagine any culture not doing this daily.

fix'd

Oct 25, 2011 at 11:45 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Oho Wedge, you card you.

There is Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) in Mexico which is a similar concept to yours, trickybilly. I kinda wish we had one in America too. I always found it to be rather interesting.

Oct 31, 2011 at 6:46 AM
A old relic from older days
"..."
So I made this at the last second.

p139905-0-snapshot201110305.jpg

p139905-1-snapshot201110306.jpg

I borrowed a box cutter and cut out a square of cardboard, then taped on a printout of Steve's face. Throw on a blue shirt and some jeans, and viola; mega-cheap costume that took no time whatsoever to make. My only regret is not making some diamonds before giving the box cutter back.

Edit: To clarify "last second," I mean about five hours ago over the course of about an hour, including searching for all the materials.

Oct 31, 2011 at 6:50 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
That's pretty awesome, Cripplechair. For something thrown together at last second, it's very well done.

Oct 31, 2011 at 4:18 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
For Halloween, I am being a piano student who's playing for keyboard area recital.

Oct 31, 2011 at 5:26 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Spooookyyyyy!
Too bad you didn't start until yesterday, Cripplechair, you coulda made a minecart to ride in.

Oct 31, 2011 at 5:31 PM
"..."
Captain Fabulous said:
Spooookyyyyy!
Too bad you didn't start until yesterday, Cripplechair, you coulda made a minecart to ride in.

OH FUCK that's genius. And here I was lamenting over not cutting out some diamonds before giving the box cutter back.

Oct 31, 2011 at 6:40 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Cripplechair said:
OH FUCK that's genius. And here I was lamenting over not cutting out some diamonds before giving the box cutter back.

You going as Kyubey by any chance?

Oct 31, 2011 at 7:19 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Dressing up as Derpy Hooves' costume in Luna Eclipsed (S02E04) from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. But that was only for school.

For the day itself, I might go around seeing if people think that my house is haunted...:confused:

Nov 1, 2011 at 2:12 AM
"..."
seren said:
You going as Kyubey by any chance?

Yes. I made a Kyubey costume, then at the very last second I decided to craft a makeshift Minecraft costume and post it here without any previous mention of my Kyubey costume.

Captain Fabulous said:
It takes balls to go to school in a fursuit.

Balls of steel to go in a MLP fursuit, at that. Although he might've just meant the costume that Derpy was wearing, not Derpy herself.

Nov 2, 2011 at 3:13 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
I went to my friend's party. It was full of weed and alcohol and stuff. I wore my noose.

Nov 2, 2011 at 3:20 AM
"Huzzah!"
I took my klonoa cosplay and stayed with some of the furs back at thier house after the meet. Lots of gaming, bucketloads of candy and chocolate and oen hell of a sugar rush. Hours of playing brawl and old classics like golden axe.

Also hitting the town as lil klonoa was alot of fun, it couldnt have went better :3