Show off your org music...

May 8, 2022 at 6:49 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Planning on doing the rest of the soundtrack.
Here's Stage 2
This one sounds good too. I listened to the original, and at an ear-glance, this sounds pretty similar.

May 14, 2022 at 7:43 AM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
May 14, 2022 at 3:50 PM
Based Member
I wasn't able to find any equivalent of that, so I'm guessing that's an original composition.

Sounds nice. At the beginning it almost sounds like some Scottish song played with bagpipes. Then over time it has more of a mystic, futuristic feel to it that would be pretty fitting for a main menu or lounge area in a game. Interesting how it kind of varies things up later on in the song.

May 19, 2022 at 9:42 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Ooo! Ooo! I'm an Organyam'n! I made org music sometimes!

I made a Marble Zone one...

...a Green Hill Zone one...

...Sky Sanctuary Zone, because I heard it in a Cave Story Beta related dream...

...Deep Sea Zone Act 1 from Sonic Robo Blast 2...

...and Jump and Die from Will You Snail?

I'm most proud of the DSZ1 one, to be honest. Though Marble Zone is a close second. Let me know if any of them sound nice to you, or if any need adjustments.

May 19, 2022 at 11:00 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Ooo! Ooo! I'm an Organyam'n! I made org music sometimes!
Listening to these, I realize its been quite a long time since I've listened to anything sonic related (and Will You Snail? is completely new to me).

I think they're all solid. They might not have the same feel as the originals (they feel lighter and brighter), but I like these variations.
I think Deep Sea Zone is the best of the bunch, and Marble Zone's good too, though I think the melody muffles a bit at points (might just be from my end). Still, Good job. Eager to hear more from you.

May 21, 2022 at 12:37 AM
Based Member
Most of those sound pretty good.

The Green Hill Zone one didn't quite land right for me. Almost the whole song felt very vibrant, but the most important instrument track with the main melody just kinda fell flat. Some of the more minor instrument tracks also seemed to be coming off a bit too strong. I feel like the Sky Sanctuary remix has this problem too, but not as badly.

I really like the Deep Sea Zone remix.

May 21, 2022 at 4:22 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
May 21, 2022 at 4:46 AM
Based Member
Spring Yard is okay, but something about one of the main instrument tracks feels a little bit off, kind of flat. There's a certain ring and energy that I feel in the original that I'm not quite feeling in your remix. Still, not a bad transcription.

I feel like the instruments in Labyrinth Zone don't blend together very well. I'd suggest playing around with the volume and instrument choice for some of those tracks a bit. With a bit more care and trial-and-error put into the instrument choice, I feel like this transcription could be pretty enjoyable to listen to.

I'm not familiar with the 8-Bit Labyrinth Zone, but it sounds fine.

May 25, 2022 at 2:36 AM
May 25, 2022 at 4:06 AM
Based Member
Never heard of that game, but just clicked on it, and listened to the main theme, then listened to your ORG. Nice remix, it has a nice rich reverb in the main tune, and overall seems to capture the spirit of the original.

May 25, 2022 at 4:13 AM
Never heard of that game, but just clicked on it, and listened to the main theme, then listened to your ORG. Nice remix, it has a nice rich reverb in the main tune, and overall seems to capture the spirit of the original.
Thanks, it was pretty easy to transcribe it due to the original only having 4! audio channels!

May 28, 2022 at 5:31 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
The Colossus from Order of Ecclesia

May 28, 2022 at 6:08 PM
Based Member
To be honest, that transcription feels kind of flat. The opening isn't nearly as strong in that ORG as the original, and the instrument you've used as a pipe organ just doesn't sound as vibrant as the original, which kind of sets the tone for the whole song. Some of that may be hard to capture with ORGMaker, but I would suggest playing around with the instruments a bit more to try to capture that spirit of grandeur that's given during the opening of the song.

May 28, 2022 at 9:30 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
To be honest, that transcription feels kind of flat. The opening isn't nearly as strong in that ORG as the original, and the instrument you've used as a pipe organ just doesn't sound as vibrant as the original, which kind of sets the tone for the whole song. Some of that may be hard to capture with ORGMaker, but I would suggest playing around with the instruments a bit more to try to capture that spirit of grandeur that's given during the opening of the song.
Oh, I swear I forgot to get rid of the intro- was planning to just get rid of it since I couldn't keep the full tone. Yeah, that intro pipe organ + bell sequence I toyed around for a bit with a couple different combinations before just going back to something safe, sadly the whole thing turned out to be subpar I guess :S
Been outta groove for a while so I guess that's to be expected- I'll see about playing around with other instrument replications- notably guitars also also give me trouble,

May 31, 2022 at 2:04 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Here's some of my arranged soundtracks

Gradius (Arcade) beginning of the history
JJBA (cps3) staff roll (no drums)
Salamander Unused 1 (Disk load) sharp x68k
Nazo no Kabe block kuzushi Password (crackout PAL)

Attachments

• orgbyrn22.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 3
Jun 5, 2022 at 9:05 PM
Based Member
Gradius - Beginning of the History: Not a bad remix, but track 1 is a bit more sharp than it needs to be. I'd suggest making it have less of a "ringing" sound.

JJBA staff roll: Similar complaint as previous song, but a bit worse in this case. It seems that several tracks are too loud, which makes the song a bit irritating, not soft enough to capture the feeling of the original, and it makes the different instrument tracks not blend together very well.

Salamander Unused 1: I liked the sound of this one, the only problem I had was that, similar to before, track 4 was too loud, which made it sound a bit jarring. Ideally, you want a track to naturally stand out by sounding distinctive with its own melody and having the right instrument choice that makes it really stand out from the other tracks. Making it significantly louder isn't the best approach and comes across as desperate.

Nazo no Kabe block kuzushi Password: The transcription of the notes and the instrument choice was solid. The only problem I had with it was, again, the notes were too loud. It's supposed to have a soft tone like the original, but making all the tracks so loud makes the whole song come off too strong and makes it fail to capture the calm and tranquil feeling of the original.

Jun 5, 2022 at 11:07 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
well, i didn't have time to make some org arrangements cuz some other works to do. also on nazo no kabe password, was based on niconico user yone2008 arrangement. tbh im lazy to do org arrangements, but yeah thanks for the critic.

Jul 1, 2022 at 12:07 AM
It's time for another one of DG's patented Sonic 1 Organya remakes.
Today, it's Star Light Zone.

Jul 2, 2022 at 10:35 PM
Based Member
This is a pretty good transcription. It seems to capture the feel of the original quite well for the most part and overall. Instruments 4, 6, 7, and 8 could potentially be changed though. Measures 15 through 21 didn't feel quite as strong as in the original, so that's something I'd consider maybe tweaking if you were thinking about improving this song.

Jul 14, 2022 at 8:19 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"