Attachments

• KingDinner ORGs.zip
    34.7 KB · Views: 5
Dec 14, 2018 at 9:39 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
I like these. I would say that Rava's Theme is my favorite, though you seemed to imply that you didn't make that one? I definitely feel that one is the catchiest, though the volume management on the lead instruments is a bit weird (they are sometimes the default volume, and other times they are max volume). It feels a little weird to open up Back in the Dark with track 1's wave because it is so low pitched, but it does work well as a sub-bass afterwards. Massive props for proper utilization of Org2 percussion and Wave-33 in that song as well. :mahin: High on the Mountain Top is probably my least favorite because it sounds fairly dissonant in the first half and a bit empty the second half. Mechanra is pretty cool. I think the percussion track Q is overly loud, and track 6 might benefit from a volume boost, but it's an otherwise solid piece. :cool: The Mountain Diner sounds like a better version of High on the Mountain Top (kinda because track 3 does a similar thing in both songs). Among the Pillars and Ruins under the Forest Lake are pretty pleasant and I don't have much to complain about. Good work overall man.

Dec 16, 2018 at 6:53 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
The last two transcriptions I posted in this thread were both route themes from Pokémon Black & White, and since that time the soundtrack has grown to become my absolute favorite to listen to. It has so many wonderful tracks, many of which I really want to transcribe. One of the songs I've wanted to cover for a long time was the theme of Route 6.

Route 6 (Spring) - Original
Route 6 (Summer) - Original (My personal favorite. Gotta love the trumpets.)
Route 6 (Autumn) - Original
Route 6 (Winter) - Original

Dec 17, 2018 at 4:40 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Yeah, Rava's Theme was my longest work. But it's only a remix of The Warrior Inside Alpha (by someone else). I then further remixed it into a slow, cool beat, but I didn't feel like including it.
I also made two more ORGs within the last week. I'll post 'em soon.
Here they are:

Attachments

• More KingDinner ORGs.zip
    10.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Dec 24, 2018 at 2:55 AM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
i heard that the pizza parlor downtown got shut down. sad.

Dec 31, 2018 at 4:55 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
This ORGs at first time is I made for a puzzle game,but it look like is not suitable for it(or game?).

last time I finally found they in my old computer^_^

Attachments

• ORGs.zip
    357.8 KB · Views: 7
Dec 31, 2018 at 6:47 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
This ORGs at first time is I made for a puzzle game,but it look like is not suitable for it(or game?).
These are cool. It's always a nice change of pace when I see a collection of ORGs with a higher Wait time, like the original Cave Story music. My favorites are Theme and Flame (I especially like the use of Track 5 in the latter). The rest are nice too, though I think Forest and Note are a bit too simple for their own good.

Jan 4, 2019 at 8:44 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Last edited:
Jan 7, 2019 at 5:15 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Been lurking around the forums for quite a bit as well as fiddling around with ORGMaker, so I finally thought I'd make an account and share some stuff.
These are the only two ORGs I've finished.
rpg intro?
runaway battle
Any feedback is appreciated!

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2019 at 8:59 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I finally got to listening to all of those orgs that got lost on my multiple devices...

I really enjoyed both of these songs hypergx. But I honestly preferred Runaway Battle. It sounded great.

Masro, I enjoyed (6)Flame most of all, it reminded me of something from when I was young...something I didn't want to burn and roast marshmallows on.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 8:22 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Been lurking around the forums for quite a bit as well as fiddling around with ORGMaker, so I finally thought I'd make an account and share some stuff.
These are the only two ORGs I've finished.
rpg intro?
runaway battle
Any feedback is appreciated!

"intro" - I like how you explore different volume enveloping shapes with track 2, and I believe this can be explored further with the panning of track 2. I noticed you did have panning in the percussion, which is great, but because track 2 basically plays the same pattern over and over, it would be nice to hear that pattern sort of travel around the listener rather than being front and centre like the rest of the tracks are. Your chords are very evocative, and I love that repeating resolution to the Dmaj7 - it's such a satisfying "you've done it" progression. Overall, the arrangement is done quite nicely - it could just use a little more spatial dimension in terms of panning.

"runaway battle" - I like how this piece is subtle in how urgent it is. The intro's pulsating notes are really effective in setting that tone, even if the track's instrument is more gentle in its timbre. I think you could have extended just those first two bars alone - give the listener time to fully be invested in this sort of atmosphere. Because you're working with such contrasting instruments, keeping the balance of the voices is crucial - more "concentrated" waves, especially in the 50s to 80s ish generally have louder, more prominent tones that, when in the mid to high range, easily stick out and don't blend in as well with the more quieter tones such as wave 01, which you have as the bass. I actually do think doing something as simple as replacing wave 01 in track 1 with something like wave 91 or 92 (two really good go-to bass waves imo) would help your good, pounding bassline stand stronger against the sharper sounding instruments.

I notice you play a lot with volume enveloping in your repeated notes, which is great - it really helps to punctuate those repeating notes and prevent them from becoming exhausting for a listener to hear. If you vary the volumes of your hi-hats in track E ever so slightly, it will help to also give the overall blend of instruments more shape and depth as the piece progresses. Just select track E, Ctrl + A and in the menu, do Selection Volume > Random. This automatically sets different velocities for your high hats without you having to set them all manually yourself. You might have to lower the volume of track E ever so slightly after this, but...it does make a difference, even if it may be subtle at first.

Jan 14, 2019 at 7:58 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
YES. More!
I'm most proud of The Bottom of Mt Elemention. I think it fixes everything wrong with High on the Mountain Top.
Also, all of my songs are made in complete silence, so the main parts of the songs may be difficult to hear if you're in a city bus or something...

Attachments

• Even MORE KingDinner Orgs.zip
    12.6 KB · Views: 3
Jan 15, 2019 at 9:48 AM
Beakface
YES. More!
I'm most proud of The Bottom of Mt Elemention. I think it fixes everything wrong with High on the Mountain Top.
Also, all of my songs are made in complete silence, so the main parts of the songs may be difficult to hear if you're in a city bus or something...

A Forest that's Pretty Easy Actually
I like the contrast between tracks 3 and 4 with tracks 1 and 5. When they come together, it's easy to hear how well they complement one another. I like the minimalist feel, the aimlessness of the melody towards the end makes me think of music from Katwalk. The way you use Tom02 is pretty nostalgic to me, as I used it in some of my earliest ORGs as well. It's got an interesting sort of tone that makes it stick out as opposed to Tom01. It's kind of interesting that this doesn't really have a bassline, apart from some lines that repeat the main sort of melody line an octave lower for brief moments of time. It gives this feeling of wandering around, getting lost and not really being sure of where you're going. I think it's cool.

Some suggestions/issues:
  • I don't really get the point of the track 1 and 5 combination. Especially since you already have track 2 playing that same line an octave higher, I don't really see any reason to put both tracks atop each other like that. Maybe if track 1 or 5 had a slightly different frequency, it could make sense. Or you could insert two empty steps before the start of track 1 or 5 to create an eighth note delay. I think this could help make that melody line more interesting to listen to, especially if the delayed note gets slightly detuned (maybe a ~900 frequency?) [/*]
  • Because tracks 3 and 4 basically play the same part throughout the entire piece and at differing octaves, I think it would be more ideal to bring up the volume of these two tracks and set one track to pan 3 to the right and the other 3 to the left. This allows the melody to be in the foreground while also allowing tracks 3 and 4 to still remain prominent and not just get overtaken by the melody. While volume balancing does help, panning adds a bit more depth to an ORG piece.

Land of that Wet Liquid Stuff
The gentle fade in of track 3 to the track 3 and 4 combination at bar 8 was real sweet. Track 15 is an interesting choice for a bass, but I think it works fine when against the more gentle waves like wave 00.

Personally, I would have liked to see a bit more volume or panning shapework in track 1. When it switches between the left and the right side and there's no other voices playing at the same time, it's a little jarring. Since you spend eight notes on one side, consider having them gradually move to one side, then to the other. This lets the notes feel like they're "travelling" in stereo rather than flopping to one side and the other - which sometimes does work for other compositions, but I think in this case, because the notes are flowing, it would be best for the panning to reflect that.

p367834-0-unknown.png

The Bottom of Mt Elemention
Out of all the ORGs in that ZIP file, this one was the one that felt the most like it was moving in a certain direction. I think it was because the way some of those phrases ended, there were changes in voices being added or perhaps taken away, along with the newer section leading towards the loop point. There's some nice effects with track 3 done, definitely makes me think of "Balcony". I would suggest lowering the volume of track 3 a few notches more - I find that a lot of ORG waves don't sound very prominent in the lower ranges, and wave 22 certainly overshadows wave 72 when the latter is at a lower range. Personally I think track 4 is the part that needs to stand out a little more.

I also think it might be interesting if the melody in track 4 first heard in bars 4 - 8 were repeated with a different instrument playing that same part, maybe even at a different octave. When I was messing around with this ORG, I also found that that particular sequence works great as a canon. Here's a basic example of what it would sound like with tracks 4, 5 and 7.

Anyways, nice stuff, very mellow and minimal, but overall good.

Jan 17, 2019 at 1:57 AM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
here is a collection of 17 mostly complete orgs that are all original and were almost all created in the past week and a half
feedback is appreciated

Jan 17, 2019 at 5:06 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
So I listened to what you said Random-storykeeper, and I took it into consideration.
The Bottom of Mt Elemention now has a V2, and it's pretty great.
I am also now developing a video game! It's gonna be great hopefully....

Jan 28, 2019 at 5:29 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
You didn't make that did you?
I don't want that appearing in my web history.

Jan 28, 2019 at 9:44 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Jan 29, 2019 at 2:10 AM
Stoned Member
Tons of Final Fantasy orgs that I'm not sure if I posted here.

Blink.org
Titled as Blink because he's Kefka in disguise and he's gonna overthrow Enlight to create a new world order.
Final Fantasy 1 Battle Theme
Took tons of liberties here, and some inspiration from the Zelda II palace theme because that one part sounded similar.
Final Fantasy 3 Battle Theme
More liberties here, much more detailed than the FF1 battle theme. I tried to take some of the details from the PSP / DS versions of this.
Final Fantasy 3 Final Boss Theme
Why is the Cloud of Darkness purple, then green, then yellow, then green again? Why couldn't they just stick with Xande through the entire damn game?
Final Fantasy 4 Blue World Theme
Nothing much here, most complicated stuff in this org is the echo effect, which took 2 seconds to add.