Should Cave Story be an anime?

Apr 9, 2012 at 9:06 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I'd love to see an anime. I can't say if I'd like it as much as the game, but I think any fan would love to see more media related to it. You may dread the "anime is better" influx of fans, but it's still good.

I'd prefer to see it done more like a Ghibli (but I think it at LEAST deserves 12 ep series, a movie would be too rushed) than a Naruto or even a Lagann though.

May 3, 2012 at 12:47 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I wouldn't mind a 6-8 episode miniseries showing each episode's mood in it's own light.
Each episode would have it's own animation style based on seriousness mood and plot points...
You know, like the Dead Space.... Extraction? Was it? Those were good video-game, anime, movies

But there is absolutely no chance of this because this would require too much coordination and It would bankrupt Nicalis and Pixel, if they decided to do the project themselves.... or maybe not, who knows?

Basically though, if it were a show, it'd need to be condensed to a small series with a set number of episodes (no Dragonball/Naruto/Bleach/Any other movie treatment.)

May 3, 2012 at 2:56 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
I think a feature length movie would work better than a show....would start with quote finding the mimiga village, their story.....etc and follow the game through, lengthen the interaction between characters.....and try and keep as close to the game asap with regards to quotes silence......an interesting question would be which one of the endings would people like to see?

May 3, 2012 at 3:22 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Your period key seems to be sticking. If you can't get it fixed, these guys sell some top-notch gaming keyboards. If you don't have that much disposable income, Logitech is a solid brand.

May 3, 2012 at 3:38 PM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
If CS had an anime/manga portrayal, I'd be quite pleased because that'd give me a massive supply of fully animated mimiga scenes to squee and colon three over.

May 3, 2012 at 3:40 PM
I would feel kind of cheated if they chose the "Bad" But either of the other 3 would work, but being the Curly fan-boy I am, I'd like the best ending, with a mind-numbingly terrifying hell.

On another note, books(Manga, Novels, something in between) wouldn't really work for Cave Story because of all the fighting. They would basically have a bunch of time-skips(2 minutes later)/a crapload of montages...

And, in regards to Yakkers, I'd enjoy seeing the anime style, plus the 1/3rd of artwork that doesn't involve Quote getting raped by a toaster oven through some time-space paradox where the toaster-oven is all of a sudden human.

May 3, 2012 at 5:05 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
And, in regards to Yakkers, I'd enjoy seeing the anime style, plus the 1/3rd of artwork that doesn't involve Quote getting raped by a toaster oven BAR OF SOAP through some time-space paradox where the toaster-oven BAR OF SOAP is all of a sudden human.

Fixed.

Also I'm pretty sure I know which artist you're refering too >.>

May 3, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Also I'm pretty sure I know which artist you're refering too >.>

I don't know any specific artists, but, I've stumbled over a lot of fan-art looking for pictures(most of the decent artwork is QuotexBalrog)
Not the yaoi that bothers me, just the choice of a humanoid robot getting raped by a massive block instead of the other 5-7 eligible bachelors.

May 5, 2012 at 9:42 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
1) different
2)movie
3)studio ghibli

May 18, 2012 at 5:06 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
1. Well, there'd be some obvious differences, but I imagine it'd be about the same premise.
2. Honestly, I hope a show. Entire episode dedicated to removing the boulder from the boulder chamber just for humor. :)
3. I'm not sure, but I'm just gonna say "Only the best for Cave Story."
4. Yep.

May 20, 2012 at 5:27 AM
"Huzzah!"
It could be all esoteric like The Melancholy of Haruhi
Suzumiya.

Episode One: Quote leaves start cave.
Episode Two: Quote fights Balrog.
Episode Three: Quote leaves start cave again. Slightly different camera angles.
Episode Four: Quote fights Balrog.
Episode Five: Quote is still fighting Balrog.
Episode Six: Ibid.
Episode Seven: Flashbacks to Episodes 1, 3, 5.
Episode Eight: Subplot about Misery's love of Nachos.
Episode Nine: Continues Ep. 8.
Episode Ten: Quote leaves start cave again.

May 24, 2012 at 5:00 PM
CARLSOOOOOON AAAAND PEEEEETERSSSSSS!
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
if it was a manga, I'd definitely buy every volume. But if it was an anime, I'm not sure

Jan 21, 2015 at 2:36 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I mean, Cave Story has an awesome, sad, happy story. An anime movie fits perfectly to this. Anyone thinks that this is a great idea? I know this is unlikely to happen but... Oh! And the picture shows what an animated Cave Story would be like. (The moment when King wants Toroko to give him the key.)image.jpg

Jan 21, 2015 at 2:49 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
No way that's even close to a good ide- animated /film/?
Well at least you're smart enough to realize the plot of Cave Story can without problem be put into like 90 minutes. I still doubt it would happen, but at least you got the format better than most people.

Jan 21, 2015 at 3:07 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
duncathan said:
No way that's even close to a good ide- animated /film/?
Well at least you're smart enough to realize the plot of Cave Story can without problem be put into like 90 minutes. I still doubt it would happen, but at least you got the format better than most people.
Idk. A good story should be made into an anime.