Should Cave Story be an anime?

Apr 8, 2015 at 12:17 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Once I clear my plate of my other projects, I'd love to make a Cave Story anime. I'm also working on a miniproject that's like SSB except with Cave Story controls, characters, and settings.

#CaveStoryVS

May 12, 2015 at 1:57 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
knuckles5577 said:
Sounds like a good idea. But unfortunately, I don't think anyone will do it.
I dont know about an anime, but my friend was trying to get myself and another friend who is better at art than either of us to make a cave story Manga. Then maybe we could use that as a base to make on anime after.

Jul 2, 2015 at 8:28 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Why hasn't Cave Story ALREADY been turned into an animated series? Anyone agree?

This thread is here so people can talk about it. Maybe even get a little something started, because I know there are talented animators out there, even on the internet...

Jul 2, 2015 at 8:36 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Right when I thought we were done with these threads

Jul 2, 2015 at 8:41 PM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Because it's obscure compared to things like the super mario super show and sonic underground.

Jul 2, 2015 at 9:10 PM
Serri Online
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
When is the Kero Blaster anime spinoff featuring Ikachan coming out?

Jul 2, 2015 at 10:44 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I kinda feel like if it were turned into an anime, there would be more inappropriate content in in than there already is — I just don't wanna see that happen to Cave Story. Though from what I've seen, Cave Story doesn't really have any "naughty stuff" in it.

If I could choose, I would have to give the project of making Cave Story an animation to Disney. They would probably handle it best.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2015 at 10:49 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Fixer90 said:
but from what I've seen, Cave Story doesn't have any "naughty stuff" in it.
Oh sure, it's not like you can sleep with a certain purple Mimiga (and get her lipstick), or steal/loot a certain robot's panties. Cave Story has nothing like that in it.

Jul 2, 2015 at 11:26 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Fixer90 said:
If I could choose, I would have to give the project of making Cave Story an animation to Disney. They would probably handle it best.
Good luck there. Disney has given up on 2D animation entirely.

Fixer90 said:
Pretty much ALL anime I have ever seen (that is good) is inappropriate.
You mean great anime like Code Geass, C, The Devil is a Part Timer, Summer Wars, Squid Girl, or Steins;Gate? Terribly inappropriate those.

That was sarcasm btw. You really need to expand your horizons when it comes to anime.

Edit: ..Log Horizon, Full Metal Alchemist, Gad Guard, Trigun, King of Bandit Jing, Nichijou (YMMV), Last Exile, Black Rock Shooter, Casshern Sins, Tiger and Bunny, Wolf Children, Card Captor Sakura, Madoka Magica...

Jul 3, 2015 at 12:46 AM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
All good anime is inappropriate? I think not! Teen Titans (the original, not the joke that they have going now) was an anime. Not inappropriate at all, and pretty amazing. Area 88, Yukikaze, Naruto (though I personally don't like it, it's very popular), etc. And many animes are only slightly too violent for most people's tastes. Otherwise, they're perfectly fine.

EDIT:

Also, an animated Cave Story show? Not a good idea, and not going to happen. Because Quote is mute, but implied to have some form of communication, it'd be very difficult to portray him in the show. He'd either need a voice actor, or a lot of dialogue would have to be reworked. Also, no major animation studio would take it up. Cave Story is not popular or well known enough to warrant it's own show.

EDIT2:

I despise Disney and love it at the same time. On the one hand, it's defiling Star Wars. Even if the next movie is good, all of the "DISNEY'S Star Wars" merchandise is making me sick. On the other hand.... I love the classic Disney movies. Aladdin, the Little Mermaid, etc.

Jul 3, 2015 at 12:52 AM
Serri Online
War criminal
SuperJaws100 said:
Not inappropriate at all, huh?
OP6dmq2.jpg

This is the most appropriate picture of Sexy Technique I could find, I swear!

Jul 3, 2015 at 3:34 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I've tried animating with the Cave Story sprites, but I failed because it was pretty difficult animating with such a short amount of sprites to work with.
All you got is the running, look up, look down sprites - unless you were REALLY creative with these you would get a pretty boring animation.

:( sad.

EDIT: I've made some animations here-
http://www.fastswf.com/JTKdtOg
http://www.fastswf.com/ymNILlA

Jul 3, 2015 at 6:16 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
If someone here was willing to fork out the $100,000 to $300,000 to finance a movie or OVA I'm sure that this will become a reality, but it is never, ever going to happen. No-one is going to invest that much without a financial ROI.

Jul 4, 2015 at 12:02 AM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
TLincoln said:
Not inappropriate at all, huh?
OP6dmq2.jpg

This is the most appropriate picture of Sexy Technique I could find, I swear!
But... isn't that show on a kids network? Like Nickelodeon or something?

Jul 4, 2015 at 2:31 AM
Serri Online
War criminal
It was on Cartoon Network and later on Disney XD, yes. I think they showed the unrated version on Adult Swim last year.