Setting Some Standards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 18, 2008 at 7:30 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The default text colour changes with the forum style, so it can be changed at will if you don't like it. And as I said earlier the majority of people should be able to convey their personality without needing to use colours. If everybody uses it then it would quickly lose its uniqueness and only serve to turn the forums into a hard-to-read eyesore. Most people choose not to use colours all the time not because they don't want to but because they know this. Having said that though there's nothing wrong with doing it once in a while to make something stand out.

I think that colour-coding is silly and would just be confusing for everybody.

Also while I think of it: DELIBERATELY PICKING ON MOD(s). Don't do it. It's dumb. :D

Jun 18, 2008 at 7:30 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
MetaSeraphim said:
I've always used colored text on every forum I've gone too, I wasn't doing it because he was.

And normal text has no personality, in fact it makes the forum look lifeless and boring.
Excuse me but I happen to get the negative aspect of these posts, illegibility. You understand that a light colour on a light background is hard to read, right? There are two cave story skins, one with a light background and one with a dark background, posts in light or dark colours are going to be illegible of course. Also rainbow-coloured or gradient text are impossible to quote unless you quote the entire text. If you are going to use coloured posts then use middle range colours like blue (your current post colour) or magenta (might work as a substitute for your pink colour).

Colour rule suggestions:

1. Fully coloured posts should only be middle range colours and not light or dark colours.
2. Gradients should not be used to fully colour posts and should be limited in normal text.
3. No more than two different colours or one gradient and one colour in a single post.

Jun 18, 2008 at 8:38 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
X-Calibar said:
Always use four of these ">>>>" to begin a new paragraph. DeepSkyBlue is reserved for explanations for a noun type fact. Adding those ">>>>" at the beginning of a paragraph allows clarity of presentation. As long as we follow these Commandments, we will coexist peacefully. When dealing with opinions use pink.
If this refers to using space bar will automatically move the text back to the side, then why not use [indentcode]? But we can have our own ways of presentation whatsoever.[doom]I somehow think you're making all these up, but maybe just your suggestions.. btw 4 * ">>>>" = ">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>" lolzor[/doom]

Wait, about that colour thing, I could not agree much. When people in RL can have all sorts of fashion designs and hair colour whatsoever, why can't we have various font​
colours as well? It's not like we(me and Naru)'re doing for the sake of getting noticed or what, but just as well as DB(as you mentioned), to show our true colours(this somehow sounds like a pun). Like, I do like green(and the sea) and Naru is a girl.

But oh, rainbows don't really have a purpose, unless only used occassionally. And just highlight if you care that much. I too use CS Lite here.​

Btw @Jake, your sig sounds kinda flamey to me. If you're trying to copy JC, then do it his way, he doesn't edit the quotes he use to make his sig.​

Jun 18, 2008 at 11:22 AM
/end
DoubleThink said:
The default text colour changes with the forum style, so it can be changed at will if you don't like it. And as I said earlier the majority of people should be able to convey their personality without needing to use colours. If everybody uses it then it would quickly lose its uniqueness and only serve to turn the forums into a hard-to-read eyesore. Most people choose not to use colours all the time not because they don't want to but because they know this. Having said that though there's nothing wrong with doing it once in a while to make something stand out.

I think that colour-coding is silly and would just be confusing for everybody.

Also while I think of it: DELIBERATELY PICKING ON MOD(s). Don't do it. It's dumb. :D

freezit4 said:
If this refers to using space bar will automatically move the text back to the side, then why not use [indentcode]? But we can have our own ways of presentation whatsoever.[doom]I somehow think you're making all these up, but maybe just your suggestions.. btw 4 * ">>>>" = ">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>" lolzor[/doom]

Wait, about that colour thing, I could not agree much. When people in RL can have all sorts of fashion designs and hair colour whatsoever, why can't we have various font​
colours as well? It's not like we(me and Naru)'re doing for the sake of getting noticed or what, but just as well as DB(as you mentioned), to show our true colours(this somehow sounds like a pun). Like, I do like green(and the sea) and Naru is a girl.

But oh, rainbows don't really have a purpose, unless only used occassionally. And just highlight if you care that much. I too use CS Lite here.​

Btw @Jake, your sig sounds kinda flamey to me. If you're trying to copy JC, then do it his way, he doesn't edit the quotes he use to make his sig.​

Like freeze just said using colored text has nothing to do with a personality thing.

andwhyisit said:
Excuse me but I happen to get the negative aspect of these posts, illegibility. You understand that a light colour on a light background is hard to read, right? There are two cave story skins, one with a light background and one with a dark background, posts in light or dark colours are going to be illegible of course. Also rainbow-coloured or gradient text are impossible to quote unless you quote the entire text. If you are going to use coloured posts then use middle range colours like blue (your current post colour) or magenta (might work as a substitute for your pink colour).

Colour rule suggestions:

1. Fully coloured posts should only be middle range colours and not light or dark colours.
2. Gradients should not be used to fully colour posts and should be limited in normal text.
3. No more than two different colours or one gradient and one colour in a single post.

No I don't because I can see my pink text perfectly on CaveStory lite. And you don't have to use the CaveStory skins, we have a total of 7 skins you can choose between. In fact I change which skin I am using once a week since looking at the same one over and over again gets boring.

Jun 18, 2008 at 11:29 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
MetaSeraphim said:
Like freeze just said using colored text has nothing to do with a personality thing.
MetaSeraphim said:
Wrong. Your normal non-colored text is making the forum messy and look like shit. Colored text gives the forum life, personality, and style. I hope a rule is made against normal, lame, stupid, no life, no personality text.
MetaSeraphim said:
I've always used colored text on every forum I've gone too, I wasn't doing it because he was.

And normal text has no personality, in fact it makes the forum look lifeless and boring.
Please try and provide some consistency in your posts because you're starting to get really confusing @_@

Jun 18, 2008 at 11:36 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Hmm I think you can just cut my
thing out... it sucks when I use it. K just try

<<<<But why 4? 'cause you like number 4? Me too. Btw Naru misread my text but is still on my side(dunno how). But that's just her, the confusing minded tongue twister. Anyway what if I say I'd like to use Gameflaws skin? Then try to view DB's text....

EDITOURE: And yea. While Naru's pinkiness appears "unreadable" in Lite as you all claim,(yea I didn't have trouble at all. Nuttin' Atoll.) DB's readyness when viewed in Gameflaws CORRRODDES MY eyes!!! And I said 'my' 'cause I think it's just me. Maybe others don't. And as for the pink, maybe it's just you. I don't. btw @Naru, stop changing your colours. I know you've a confusing personality, but as you yourself said(and you yourself opposed somehoweverthehell) colours have nothing to do with personalities. Stick to your fav​

Jun 18, 2008 at 11:52 AM
/end
I was saying that because everyone else was making it out to be that colored text was about adding personality to your posts when it's not.

To be completely honest with you I just hate using the same thing over and over again, using the same forum skin gets boring to me, using the same text color all the time is also boring.

I'll try to lighten up on the pink using(even if I have no problems reading it) but I will still use it every now and then.

Jun 18, 2008 at 11:59 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
But with the colour in your last post, they'll take this further as this one is more unreadable than pink. (But it still not yet burns my optic fibres nerves)

<<<<The best solution is, make a poll. You go, Naru-chan or else you have to leave this habit. 'cause I dun care

Jun 18, 2008 at 2:34 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
What the. In just one day I miss so much info >< Sorry but I'm just gonna skim through the posts so... I might miss some info so don't flame me because of me not being un-lazy enough to read the posts above rofl.

Firstly,

@MetaSeraphim:

MetaSeraphim said:
No I don't because I can see my pink text perfectly on CaveStory lite. And you don't have to use the CaveStory skins, we have a total of 7 skins you can choose between. In fact I change which skin I am using once a week since looking at the same one over and over again gets boring.

True, people can change their forum skin but if they want to stick with their forum skin of choice then too bad. People like the forum skin they choose to keep so you can't make them change it just so that they can see YOUR coloured text better. Isn't it easier to just change your freaking habit of using coloured text? Or maybe just don't ask people to change it at all?

@XCalibar and the colour text issue: I don't think it's a good idea to use fixed colours for specific functions beacuse that WOULD make the forums too strict on colour issues. I don't think colours are a problem here >_> People can just easily highlight DOOM TEXT to see them, or text that are not easily seen against post backgrounds.

Edit on my comments to XCalibar: I don't even understand why you are making such rules. I mean, why >>>> for a new para? I don't understand a bit of it.

Why can't people have their own way of formatting their own posts? I mean why should we have rules to govern over anyone's way of expressing themselves? It's not like not using >>>> is gonna irritate to anyone >_>...

However, I'm not saying that using HUGE GIANT CRAZY BIG TEXT to express themselves is approved cause it DOES indeed irritate and annoy people =/...
(This statement was made just to prevent you guys from thinking that I'm contradicting myself ><)

Roonil Wazlib said:
Using irritatingly large and bold text to awfully insult someone in a not-playful manner. Especially so when it is in the form of spam ><

Roonil Wazlib said:
@ Bold: No, that is playful flame-spamming and not flaming. Flaming is an unprovoked use of abuses/insults in a discussion which would have developed into something constructive.

Omg can you take my whole sentence as the meaning instead of prying apart my sentence into stuff that don't make sense?? DDD:

Using irritatingly huge text to emphasize insults! The huge text and insults go together to form a cool chemical called FLAMEEEE!!! DDDDDDDDDDDD:

Jun 18, 2008 at 3:10 PM
/end
I'm sorry but I believe I never told anyone to change their forum skin. andwhyisit was talking about colored text and how dark text is hard to read on the CaveStory skin and how light text is hard to read on the CaveStory lite skin and I was just telling her you don't have to use the two CaveStory skins. I never once told her or anyone for that matter to change their skin.

Jun 18, 2008 at 11:52 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
MetaSeraphim said:
I don't see why I should go through the trouble to change my typing style just because other people are being too stubborn. I don't see why I should have to change my typing style instead of them changing their skin, or getting a better monitor since I have no problems at all reading dark or light text on either screen. No it's selfish to ask someone to change their typing style just because they have bad eyes or a bad monitor.

And I never claimed I was any more special than anyone else so why don't you stop flaming me since I haven't even done anything to you you fat faggot fuck.
You are asking for everyone to change just to fit your typing style? That is selfishness, pure and simple. The forum does not revolve around you and never will.

The choice is either everyone changes or just you change. You have been outvoted.

To be honest you look quite ban-worthy at the moment.

Jun 19, 2008 at 3:48 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
MetaSeraphim said:
No it's selfishness to ask someone to change something about them because you don't like the way it is. I don't think this forum revolves around me, you don't have to read my posts if it's hard to read that's your choice isn't it?

Anyway, I've already said I would try to lighten up on using pink, but I'm not going to stop.
Jacob, Metalogz, freezit, and many others have complained. If you don't want to be a part of this forum then just leave.

Jun 19, 2008 at 7:11 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
MetaSeraphim said:
I don't expect anyone to change for me
Unfortunately your previous posts state otherwise. I am just asking you to use basic courtesy and consider others for once, it isn't hard. Though to be honest I feel like I am talking to a brick wall. Make a horrible mess of this forum with your unreadable text and your 20+ spammed out threads, see if I care.

Jun 19, 2008 at 8:02 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
MetaSeraphim said:
I am always thinking about other people and their needs and what they're going thru, don't you talk about me like you know me.
I never claimed to know you.

MetaSeraphim said:
And I was showed no basic courtesy by Shining Phantom or Jacob, they both treated me like shit since I first came here and they're still doing it.

MetaSeraphim said:
And unfortunately your previous posts state that you do actually care what I and others do or you still wouldn't be talking about it.
Post people do when it has a negative impact on them.

And the text is not unreadable at all, it may be hard to read to some people, but not unreadable.
Just promise not to use the pink text anymore. Just use magenta instead and I'll be fine with it. *sigh* I am so utterly sick of this...

Fuck this. I give up.

Jun 19, 2008 at 8:05 AM
/end
I've said this three times already.

I will lighten up on using pink, but I'm not going to stop fully.

I won't use it as much as I have been.

Jun 19, 2008 at 8:14 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
MetaSeraphim said:
I've said this three times already.

I will lighten up on using pink, but I'm not going to stop fully.

I won't use it as much as I have been.
Megenta? Yay! I can see the pink text perfectly now. Thankyou! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.