Santa's strange house

Jun 3, 2009 at 6:48 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Huh?

Eh?
Can't really say, of course. This all just being theory.
Still, if they had any bit of flammable substance in them, we'd see some fireworks.....

Jun 3, 2009 at 7:37 AM
Been here way too long...
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Wouldn't there juice be like... 100% water?
/*Using a <Quote> tag in the Cave Story forums never gets old... the everlasting pun*/

...anyway, don't mix FLUID and WATER. If the Jellyfish Juice was 100% water, it would be called "Water" since it technically would BE water. How come only Kuala drops the jellyfish jiuce, BTW? I would've tought it would keep the player at the area longer if they had to kill X number of jellyfish to collect the juice (and Grasstown is full of backtracking already thanks to all the items one need to collect in there to get to other places in the other end to get more items and so on...), so I don't see why having a mini-boss five feet away from both houses accessible... *facepalm* ...ah, to make the backtracking less transparent, of course! I mean, I didn't notice it the first play-trough.

Jun 3, 2009 at 4:17 PM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Jellyfish Juice sounds quite disgusting a name. You don't call milk Cow Juice, do you?

..just saying

Jun 3, 2009 at 6:32 PM
I agree, but that's what I'm going to call milk from now on.
I don't think the Jellies in Grasstown are the same jellyfish we have here. the most obvious difference is that they float. Water does not float. Being 90% water makes it very difficult to float in the air. So Jellyfish juice is not the same stuff that you would get on Earth. I've never tried putting a fire out with jellyfish, though, so my opinion's not worth much.

Jun 5, 2009 at 9:08 AM
Hmm... if the air inside the island is more dense than water, the Jellies could be made of water. But seeing as Kazuma and Booster can breathe in there, that's probably not the case. And if the island is denser than air, it wouln't fly, so everything on the island must be less dense than air. I could go into a physical explaination on why flying islands are possible, but since I don't know enough chem I'd just get 50% of a five-page explaination wrong and, you know.

So, the Jellyfish Juice isn't water. What gases with less density than water are liquid in normal room temperature?

Jun 6, 2009 at 4:49 AM
All gases are less dense than water at 1 atmosphere of pressure. The Jellies obviously have a lot of gas in them, but use Jellyfish Juice for some bodily function.

Jun 7, 2009 at 8:21 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I guess it's there for players to know that spikes is bad for them (unless they already died on some)

Storywise, he's freaking Santa! he's got to have some protection against burglars. or he's Emo and wanted to take hurting himself to the next level.

Jun 9, 2009 at 10:57 AM
Is Santa related to Santa Claus? I've tought about that for quite some time.

Jun 9, 2009 at 7:07 PM
No, his Japanese name probably sounds similar to "santa".

Jun 12, 2009 at 4:41 PM
Ah. A pure coincidence. But why don't keep his japanese name? They did with the Sakamoto family, except Sue who was named Su.

...oh, and I guess Booster as well.

Jun 12, 2009 at 5:11 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Yal said:
Ah. A pure coincidence. But why don't keep his japanese name? They did with the Sakamoto family, except Sue who was named Su.

...oh, and I guess Booster as well.
And Mizarī. And Kwōto. And Kārī Burēsu. And... Eh, I think that's enough.

Jun 13, 2009 at 3:24 AM
And Mizarī. And Kwōto. And Kārī Burēsu. And... Eh, I think that's enough.
You're making a good point there... '_'

Jun 13, 2009 at 6:55 PM
This Troper
Yal said:
You're making a good point there... '_'
Yeah, you bet I do.

Jun 13, 2009 at 8:28 PM
Yeah, you bet I do.
You've even made me forget what I was trying to convince you was in the first place. But, well...

By the way, how do you do to get lines above e.g. ō? There's an ö key on my swedish keyobard, but an ö is prounounced a lot different than an ō.

Jun 13, 2009 at 8:40 PM
This Troper
Yal said:
You've even made me forget what I was trying to convince you was in the first place. But, well...

By the way, how do you do to get lines above e.g. ō? There's an ö key on my swedish keyobard, but an ö is prounounced a lot different than an ō.
I don't. I copied the names from the Wikipedia article.

Jun 14, 2009 at 12:21 AM
I don't. I copied the names from the Wikipedia article.
Aha. Smart idea. That explains it... not many people use to write out the line over ōs and ās and so on. Personally, I think Japanese names/words look better without the lines telling what vocals are longer, but of course it's harder to get the pronounciation correctly without them.

Aug 19, 2009 at 9:43 AM
"..."
VoidMage_Lowell said:
I think Santa just likes watching newbs impale themselves on obviously dangerous spikes.
The sign makes it all the more funnier when they do.
Heh heh, I have to agree, I purposely have killed myself on those spikes, but I'm twisted, and found it funny. Who knows, he could be the same way, and I could imagine all of the people that got speared on those spikes, only because the sign was there. Santa loves watching people die. That's why Chaco lives so far away, she's scared of him, he gives you a fireball spitting gun because he's a pyro, and he want's you to share in his love for fire.

Also, fire has a thing about getting out of control, and usually ends up ='ing death. Which brings us back to him being twisted. We die for his entertainment. which makes me wonder: How Does he get the dead bodies off, and does he burn them so there's no trace? (charcoal?)

(lol, felt like making something up.:p)

Aug 19, 2009 at 1:55 PM
The Bucket Fairy
"..."
They explode, obviously.

Aug 19, 2009 at 2:39 PM
This Troper
No, Nabi has a point. (Really, newbie who revives an old thread reasonably? I salute you.) Though it is a proven fact that dying equals POOF! in Cave Story, maybe, just maybe, sometimes a body stays impaled on the spikes, so Santa needs to get rid of it, hence Charcoal. Case in point, Igor and Bushlands' Ravil.

Aug 19, 2009 at 6:37 PM
No, when robots or monsters die they go POOF. When Mimigas or humans die they flicker and buzz out of existence. So there's also no mess to clean up there. Igor didn't flicker out of existence, so obviously he's not dead...
Wait, there's another thread for that.