Relationship between Quote and Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 14, 2009 at 3:23 AM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
JetHawk95 said:
I see curly as a very close freind who protects quote.
And the only resembalance i see of quote and curly been in love is fan art not in the actuall game, i mean i saw the iron bond as a sign of frendship not love (It did have a love heart on it but...) I think Sue And Quote are a lot more close, She got took away by the doctor and he tried to save her from jail then He read the letter and decided he was going to finish misery and the doctor off once and for all and risked his life to save sue. I mean he did jump off a floating island in the sky with her! When he knew nothing lyin at the start of the game he did meet king and toroko but i kind of saw king as a boy (Is she/he) and they where like brothers because quote avenged king by taking his sword and fighting in his name. And at the final scene with curly (after balloss fight) he makes no effort at all to stop the walls from closing in or trying to ecape with curly he just watched as curly was nearly killed. This is my point of view im not a bad person because i think quote is not in love with curly, My opinion is mine and thats the whole reason these forums where created, so we could have our own opinions

Good points, except that I think Quote x Curly is shown just as much if not more, and that its up to interpretation of the player.

Another thing I just remembered is that Sue refers to you as a "little guy," which seems somewhat affectionate to me.

Sep 15, 2009 at 7:42 AM
/end
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Captain Fabulous said:
FINAL VERDICT: NONE. USE YOUR GOD DAMN IMAGINATION. BECAUSE EVERYTHING IN THE GAME IS AMBIGUOUS.

The game isn't really that ambiguous.

Sep 15, 2009 at 10:09 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Well, it kinda is in many ways, and Pixel said so himself in interviews.

Sep 16, 2009 at 12:32 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
MetaSeraphim said:
The game isn't really that ambiguous.
o rly?
I think that Pixel was implying that Curly was the main feminine character thing, but maybe that's just me, since I like her more.
So how is it not ambiguous?

Mar 23, 2010 at 4:34 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Personally, I think she probably does look up to him as a big brother. Even though she technically does have a big brother, would you just look at how he treats her? Even at the start, it appears he might only care for himself.

'Oh, while you're at it, could you get me some lunch?' Dude, the island is under SEVERE oppression from a mad sci-... Uh, doctor. If I was you, and my little sister was somewhere alone on this chunk of rock that's being flooded with monsters, lunch would be the least of my worries. I'd probably spend most of my time in there trying to break the stinking door down.

To further cement his not caring much for her, when things start to go south on the island, he outright bails on her without so much as a second thought. "There's nothing more I can do, might as well try to save my own butt for a few more hours before the apocalypse begins..." (For that matter, he bails on his own mother, too! This guy don't care about nobody!)

Anyways though, enough slamming Kazuma for being a epic fail of a brother. This thread's about Quote and Sue, not the noob of a brother she has.

I really don't think Quote really loves her, so much as he also might just want to protect her, ya know?

Mar 23, 2010 at 5:20 PM
Been here way too long...
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
i would rather it be quote x sue than quote x curly if only because it'd be more interesting and less generic (not that I don't think curly's badass or anything)
though sue does seem a lot younger than quote, and quote is technically ageless to begin with, but nyaa

I think it's obvious at many points in the game that Sue has a thing for Quote, but is too proud to tell him (that and not enough time's really spent in which something like that could sprout beyond a crush in the first place)

sue's kind of like quote's perfect damsel in distress, though; she can't fight for herself like curly, and she embodies both the mimigas and the defenseless humans that Quote fights to save, simultaneously

p.s.: I don't think Pixel intended the game or the story of the characters to really be "ambiguous" so much as he just wanted to focus on the gameplay and all this and that and just toss in likable characters and a cute enough story to keep you engaged. he didn't intend to make it like a full-fledged RPG as far as that kind of stuff; while this does leave a lot of character and story loose ends "ambiguous"-seeming (AND THUS WHY A THEORIES BOARD EXISTS, which I love personally, as I love to delve into the nooks and crannies of characters and stories I like a lot), I'd be willing to bet that Pixel has totally straightforward non-ambiguous 'final verdicts' for everything in the game and they're probably quite simple, he just didn't make them obvious or whatever

I mean, he could purposely have left them kind of open-ended in hopes that if people ended up liking his game at all, they'd end up sitting here on forums just like this one making threads just like this one, like people do for the 'big name' stuff like zelda and final fantasy. then again, that would imply that he 'left things ambiguous' and completely shatter my previous argument, but ... well, damn

afffffff point being sue likes quote but quote probably doesn't have strong feelings either way because he's a silent hero and his feeling are whatever your feelings are
so then according to the majority of this forum he probably ends up with kanpachi and romantically catches chin fish into the wee hours of the morning

Mar 23, 2010 at 8:56 PM
meep
Oh look! My thread is alive again! Muahahahaha!

ragnaroq said:
sue's kind of like quote's perfect damsel in distress, though; she can't fight for herself like curly, and she embodies both the mimigas and the defenseless humans that Quote fights to save, simultaneously
Good points there.

ragnaroq said:
so then according to the majority of this forum he probably ends up with kanpachi and romantically catches chin fish into the wee hours of the morning
^BAD FANFIC TIEM

Mar 23, 2010 at 10:41 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Sue lovesss Quote. Doesn't she say, Can we keep him? When Booster and Kazuma is freed.
[oh wait it was, can he come too or something...]

Anyways, in normal ending I think Quote is stuck with Sue 4everrrrrr!@
you did save her, and as long as you tell her that you did; there's love in the air... [if you didn't then you'll get a secret bad ending in...]

Someone needs to mod CS so that when you visit the prison before Sue is taken, you can reach your hand through the bars and shout Sue! *romantic*
"About time! I was beginning to worry! Bust down the door before they return!" *Quote's fully powered spur and super missiles have no effect*
"Srsly?" D:

"KILLER ROBOT"
"?" "Look o..."

Hmm actually that'd be an interesting seperate ending. Instead of doing all those steps for Curly Brace's Iron Bond and best ending... you do a seperate set of events so you can save Sue before she gets taken [and you get defeated by some random KILLER ROBOT shouting guy...]

Instead of *Iron Bond* you get... *Love Letter*, for saving Sue.
In this ending, you skip Last Cave, and instead have Kazuma, Sue and Quote fly up to Balcony for the final battle. [In this ending you get to find out what happened to Jack and the Koron!]
I dunno something along these lines actually sounds kinda fun...

Mar 24, 2010 at 1:08 AM
"Huzzah!"
Do eeeeet!!!

Apr 16, 2010 at 12:21 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
X-Calibar said:
Sue lovesss Quote. Doesn't she say, Can we keep him? When Booster and Kazuma is freed.
[oh wait it was, can he come too or something...]

Anyways, in normal ending I think Quote is stuck with Sue 4everrrrrr!@
you did save her, and as long as you tell her that you did; there's love in the air... [if you didn't then you'll get a secret bad ending in...]

Someone needs to mod CS so that when you visit the prison before Sue is taken, you can reach your hand through the bars and shout Sue! *romantic*
"About time! I was beginning to worry! Bust down the door before they return!" *Quote's fully powered spur and super missiles have no effect*
"Srsly?" D:

"KILLER ROBOT"
"?" "Look o..."

Hmm actually that'd be an interesting seperate ending. Instead of doing all those steps for Curly Brace's Iron Bond and best ending... you do a seperate set of events so you can save Sue before she gets taken [and you get defeated by some random KILLER ROBOT shouting guy...]

Instead of *Iron Bond* you get... *Love Letter*, for saving Sue.
In this ending, you skip Last Cave, and instead have Kazuma, Sue and Quote fly up to Balcony for the final battle. [In this ending you get to find out what happened to Jack and the Koron!]
I dunno something along these lines actually sounds kinda fun...

Yes!

I really want to see that!

Apr 17, 2010 at 8:09 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Personally, I don't like the thought of Robot x Human/Mimiga.

Plus, everyone knows Quote digs the Egg Monitoring computer in Egg Chamber 00.

Apr 18, 2010 at 7:22 PM
inactive user
Wrongo.

Time said:
Personally, I don't like the thought of Robot x Human/Mimiga.

Plus, everyone knows Quote digs the Egg Monitoring computer in Egg Chamber 00.

Hey Time!
diph.php

Although, your first point is valid......... but I don't know how any robot could resist this.......

Apr 20, 2010 at 5:37 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Re: Wrongo.

sixtyseconds said:
Hey Time!
diph.php

Although, your first point is valid......... but I don't know how any robot could resist this.......

Can't see either image...

Anyways, I'm personally an advocate of Quote X Curly.

I just think Sue x Quote is CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPY.

Apr 20, 2010 at 11:10 PM
meep

Time said:
I think its...
Well I can't say it, because then I'd be disrespecting females ¬_¬

Apr 21, 2010 at 12:50 AM
meep
^
I second that.

Apr 21, 2010 at 2:32 AM
inactive user

Time said:
Can't see either image...

Anyways, I'm personally an advocate of Quote X Curly.

WHAT?
DAMN IMAGES!
No, it's Sue
X
X
Curly.

THREESOME!

Fanfic go!

Apr 21, 2010 at 3:02 AM
"Huzzah!"

Unless that picture's supposed to be perverted, I don't get it...at all...

Apr 23, 2010 at 11:31 PM
inactive user

Mike73 said:
Unless that picture's supposed to be perverted, I don't get it...at all...

You. Fail.

My 100th post should have been more epic than this......

Status
Not open for further replies.