Quote X Curly? Wha.....

Jun 29, 2014 at 7:07 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Woodenrat please tell me you're back for good

Jun 29, 2014 at 9:12 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Yeah, more than likely. I'm an art student now. So I'll probably lay off the weightlifting a bit and get back to things that matter - being some weird bloke who doesn't even lift but knows how to create art and whatnot. It's what I am, after all. Yeah sports are fun, I'll keep doing them a bit, but not as seriously.

Also to the guy that posted the link to the funny thread, damn lmao that thread is funny as fuck.

Jun 30, 2014 at 1:59 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Proud of you

Jul 1, 2014 at 9:55 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Well, it's implied with Ma Pignon that Curly and Quote can digest things. Along with putting other things in their mouths--

I think Pixel specifically left this relationship for us to speculate. There's no hard evidence that there's romantic interests between these two but I'm willing to bet that Pixel acknowledged the idea that Quote and Curly would be shipped together massively.

I'm pretty damn sure they're not intended to be brother + sister though. Curly is extremely extroverted and friendly and Quote is shy and keeps to himself. There really aren't many similarities other than them both being badass soldier robot/androids and having a mutual interest in saving the Mimiga. It IS evident that they care for each other, however.

I think if Pixel didn't want them to have some deep, deep connection he wouldn't have bothered implementing the "best" ending.

Jul 1, 2014 at 6:24 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
ciaxel said:
Well, it's implied with Ma Pignon that Curly and Quote can digest things. Along with putting other things in their mouths--
That means literally nothing.

ciaxel said:
I think Pixel specifically left this relationship for us to speculate. There's no hard evidence that there's romantic interests between these two but I'm willing to bet that Pixel acknowledged the idea that Quote and Curly would be shipped together massively.
You just said there is no hard/exact evidence, and then use implied (soft) evidence to try to create fact.
And content creators have no control over shipping, as it is an unstoppable force that happens to any and every character in infinite proportion with any and every other fictional being. Pixel himself cannot hope to wield it to his whims.

ciaxel said:
I'm pretty damn sure they're not intended to be brother + sister though. Curly is extremely extroverted and friendly and Quote is shy and keeps to himself. There really aren't many similarities other than them both being badass soldier robot/androids and having a mutual interest in saving the Mimiga. It IS evident that they care for each other, however.
Me and my sister are literally the exact same way, so I have to count that invalid.

ciaxel said:
I think if Pixel didn't want them to have some deep, deep connection he wouldn't have bothered implementing the "best" ending.
He added the "best" ending after playtesters told him that they wanted more of a challenge, and this is further shown in the map order as all the maps that relate to getting this ending were added at the very end of development.
It was a last minute decision for Curly to possible not die.

Btw, I actually think the two are cute together and should possibly hook up, even though I know that there isn't evidence of it canonically.

Jul 1, 2014 at 6:33 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
EnlightenedOne said:
He added the "best" ending after playtesters told him that they wanted more of a challenge, and this is further shown in the map order as all the maps that relate to getting this ending were added at the very end of development.
It was a last minute decision for Curly to possible not die.
I don't think that's necessarily true, since if Curly is at the plantation by the normal end there's a chance she could survive I think (as opposed to drowning).

Jul 2, 2014 at 1:37 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Should we bother asking this? That's a big unknown thing and it hardly matters.

Although, I guess looking at the order of Plantation's and Waterway's event list might shed a little light? I do remember that the Waterway house is one of the last maps in the game, and has the confusing internal name of "Pixel".

Jul 2, 2014 at 8:13 PM
Pirate Member
EnlightenedOne needs to get laid.

Jul 3, 2014 at 4:14 PM
Professional Whatever
WoodenRat needs to get a sense of post quality

Jul 5, 2014 at 8:18 AM
/end
Doors needs to open.

Jul 7, 2014 at 1:44 AM
Pirate Member
It's a nicen name, Doors.

Jul 7, 2014 at 2:10 PM
Professional Whatever
Haven't you people ever heard of closing a goddamn door

Jul 20, 2014 at 11:40 AM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
This theory has gone nowhere. Curly and Quote don't need to reproduce. They were made in a factory. End of story.

Jul 20, 2014 at 4:42 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Orrrr custom built ~

Aug 2, 2014 at 3:48 AM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
If any of you have seen futurama, it explains it all.

Aug 2, 2014 at 5:38 AM
War criminal
funwillfunwill said:
If any of you have seen futurama, it explains it all.
They give birth to beer? :balrog:

Aug 3, 2014 at 6:49 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Choice of the player unless pixel confirms/denys it, which would just kill off all these therorys.

Personally I'm all for them being together, but don't see them having the ability to reproduce.

Aug 4, 2014 at 9:01 AM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"..."
IRON BOND HAS A HEART ON IT AND HEARTS == LOVE AND THEY WEAR IT TOGETHER WHICH MEANS THEY'RE LOVE.