Potential TSC Hacks

May 24, 2009 at 3:38 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Eh...

Uncy Dave said:
You mean something like a tsc command that does something like this xxxx:yyyy swap tile set x with srpite y. In the npc.tbl there are numbers for each different sprite set. By the way, did I say Tileset before cause I meant Sprite set.
I think you said Sprite sheet, but you still lost me...
And even though the original sprite sheets have numbers, what about new ones that we've added in? {I have three separate NPCCurly ones, for example...}

May 24, 2009 at 3:45 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Well that command wouldn't work with local ones cause when you make a new tile set it doesn't get assigned a number, other wise all the spritesets may as well be universal and it would be a huge pain to edit every single npc to go on a specific sprite sheet. There are numbers that mean things like, Local sprite sheet 1 or 2 (the ones that are assigned to a map) or tile set.

May 30, 2009 at 3:26 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
As my own attempt to garner ideas for new TSC commands a while back flopped and/or vanished the moment everyone realized that I only wanted to add them to Agora's Legends, would anyone mind terribly if I added some of these instead?

My intentions for Agora's Legends were always centered around modding, you see, and I would like to support as many existing Cave Story mods with as little transition effort as possible. (Just take your data folder, custom music, and plop 'em in the Mods folder of Agora's Legends with a configuration file for things like starting health, map, and position and that's all there is to it, essentially.)

May 30, 2009 at 8:56 PM
Been here way too long...
@ Echidna-san You'd have to ask the creators of the (ideas for the) commands, but I don't think they'd mind. I don't care if you use mine.

@ all
guh. sorry I haven't made much progress, I have a lot of work to do. However, I am still working on them, and you might see mim by august.

lol

May 30, 2009 at 9:30 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
WHAT?

Lace said:
@ all
guh. sorry I haven't made much progress, I have a lot of work to do. However, I am still working on them, and you might see mim by august.

lol
WHAT? AUGUST?
..Damn...

Well, could you get the one TSC hack that would be able to alter movement speed done, by itself, quicker?
I was thinking of using that in the next part of my mod =D

May 30, 2009 at 10:12 PM
that was a joke.
(and I'm having a lot of trouble with mul)

Jun 8, 2009 at 10:39 PM
"..."
Sorry if this has already been suggested, but time jump. Jump to event X, after Y ticks. But the ticks only occur while events arn't running.

Jun 9, 2009 at 12:31 AM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I think what he means is that the timer will keep running underneath other events and if another event is running when the timer times out, then the other event will be cut off and the new one jumped to. Did I get that right, Serious?

Jun 9, 2009 at 12:33 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
SeriousFace said:
Sorry if this has already been suggested, but time jump. Jump to event X, after Y ticks. But the ticks only occur while events arn't running.

Another way do to that would be to hack an NPC to destroy itself after a certain amount of time, then have it trigger an event on its death.

Jun 9, 2009 at 12:35 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Heheh

dooey100 said:
Another way do to that would be to hack an NPC to destroy itself after a certain amount of time, then have it trigger an event on its death.
Oh hey, I remember Runelancer talking about an entity that would "Kill" itself after 100 ticks or something.
He never found out it's purpose, or even if it triggered anything else....
We could just hack that one, yeah?

Jun 9, 2009 at 12:46 AM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I'm not sure that would work because the "trigger on death" thing is kinda tricky since there are lots of NPCs that it doesn't work on. It's worth a shot though, I guess.

Jun 11, 2009 at 7:22 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
If you were still wondering about how MUL works, check here. It looks like a fairly good explanation.

Also, you probably know this already, but there are at least three different multiplication commands, depending on whether you're working with signed integers, unsigned integers, or floating-point numbers.

Jun 11, 2009 at 9:29 PM
thanky. :rolleyes:
however, I'm a bit confused on the floating point division, which is defined as:
Code:
fdiv    st(0), st(i)
does anyone know if st(0) and st(i) are placeholders for registers, or if they actually do something?

Jun 16, 2009 at 11:43 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Heheh...

dooey100 said:
How about setting the background via a TSC command? Could allow for some interesting things like day and night.
Or epic boss fights...
Heheheh.....