Post your PxTone creations!

Nov 21, 2007 at 11:17 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Helloes.

I thought about just putting my PxTone tunes in the Post Your Orgs thread, but decided that it would be better to just put them in a new thread just in case others wanted to post their PT creations.

For those who don't know what PxTone is, shame on them and look here.

For those who want the latest version of PxTone, look no further than here.
Notice 'for english.txt' when you unzip.

That said, I've compiled many of my almost-complete songs into this zip. Most of them are finished but not complete, notice that there's only one song in the 'finished' folder. Dinkings are basically ideas I had but never got worked on much, but may be in the future. Unfinished are works that may be as long as I wanted them to be, but aren't complete in content. All songs with the 'Flopninja - ' prefix were intended to be put into a game I am planning on developing. Also notice that many if not most of all of these are remixes of videogame music. OCRemix got me started on that. At ay rate, enjoy, all of these are PTCOPs, so if you wish you can edit them and post them back up here.

Here is he link:

.:|Link|:.

And for those wishing for more instruments to mess with, I've compiled all my homemade samples and PtVoices into the zip here. Feel free to post crits on the instruments.

- keantoken

Nov 22, 2007 at 1:06 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Nov 23, 2007 at 2:51 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Try downloading again. It worked for me, the second time, at least... Mediamax seems a bit slow...

[EDIT: Oh, duh. I see what you were talking about. Fixed.

I'm downloading yours now...

- keantoken

Nov 23, 2007 at 5:23 AM
Hoxtilicious
3,5 MB! :D

That's actually pretty big :p

Post my rating soon XD

Nov 23, 2007 at 6:19 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Yeah, they get a bit big as you use more WAV files for instruments and effects. I don't go as much for the chiptunish style. Also, there is quite a bit of material in that zip. Feel free to use any of the instruments in my songs. I would rather you download my whole set of instruments from the first post, though, beforehand so you know which ones I made and which ones I didn't. :D

EDIT: Not bad, SP. I think you would do better to vary your tunes and expand your melodies. Basically just stretch your mind and start trying random stuff and keep anything that sounds good. It's not a sin to look up studying material, either. I find that the PxTone Collage Archives are an incredible resource for awesome music. There are thousands of PxTone tunes there, and you can virtually click any one of them and be listening to out-of-this-world music. If you want to go for more mainstream-like music, go to Piston Source and look a their CUTS section. At any rate, you have the skills, you just need to go crazy and try everything you can. A famous Go (japanese board game) proverb is 'lose your first 50 games as fast as you can'. This holds true for music as well!

- keantoken

Dec 9, 2007 at 9:19 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
i´ve got some pxtones but i don´t know, which site (like megaupload or other) i should use.

could someone give mme a tip?

Dec 9, 2007 at 8:49 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
megaupload.com

Dec 9, 2007 at 8:57 PM
Hoxtilicious
Aug 22, 2009 at 12:05 PM
Hax on....Hax off....
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Yeah, it's a really old thread and I'm bumping it but I recently started working with pxtone more. So there's Ascent, which is a completely new one and Ruin .1 and .2 Which are the Velveton Song from my newest mod and a song from the pickering experience. If I could record them, I'd plan on making some kind of medleyish thing.
Link

Aug 23, 2009 at 1:38 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I can't believe it's been 2 years since I posted this. I got an Email notice for subscribed threads... I guess forums never forget.

Nothing wrong with bumping here, that is what this topic is for.

I listened to your tunes. Cool. The only thing I would say is that I think you could pick better sounds for the drums. The full/bassy sound of these doesn't quite go with the chippy style of the tunes. No opinion (like mine) is right or wrong, but the actual nintendo soundtracks could be a good pointer here. If you're playing a tune with a soft instrument and there are bassy drums going on with lots of attack (in the envelope), the ear has trouble trying to adjust to hear the soft instruments over the drums, which at this point are being regarded as noise (this is for a discerning listener. For a very laid-back listener, the drums may not detract from the song but at the same time they might be missing out on the full emotional value of the soft part).

In all this is simply a matter of style/opinion and all I can do is give you advice which may help you manipulate the instruments in a manner more conducive to your own style.

If you haven't already, check out this place. This is where the masters do their work...

http://pxtone.haru.gs/english/index.html

- keantoken

Feb 8, 2010 at 9:35 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Pixtone's pretty neat. It's like Org, but generally easier to use.
This Pxtone collage thing does not get enough attention D:

EDIT: By "Pretty neat" I mean "Oh god I love it why can't I use this for moads"

Feb 8, 2010 at 10:44 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Not enough attention? Perhaps...

But lets leave the Pxtone hermits be for now... They do some super cool stuff as it is.

http://pistonsource.iiichan.net/indexen.html

My absolute favorite is "Siberian Peaches" from 8-bit tsunami. I feel this is a complete masterpiece.

There are many nameless good ones as well posted here. (there have been a few contests as well)

http://pxtone.haru.gs/english/index.html

- keantoken

Feb 8, 2010 at 11:54 PM
keantoken?

^_^

Feb 9, 2010 at 12:00 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Hey, maybe you've noticed I haven't been on regularly for about 3 years... (you probably have no idea who I am)

I answer when someone knocks though (I ALWAYS answer honest Emails). I still enjoy Cave Story and Pxtone.

- keantoken

Feb 9, 2010 at 12:06 AM
oich, that hurts.
I do know you, and know you've been gone, otherwise I wouldn't have put such a deranged comment on your thread.

Feb 9, 2010 at 12:37 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Sorry, I meant no hurt.

I'm afraid I still don't plan on restarting my mod. I don't even know where the file went.

I never thought I was an important member.... Maybe I'm more memorable than I thought?

- keantoken

Feb 9, 2010 at 12:51 AM
:(
ah, I remember when in the first three months I was here, I plotted on how I was gunna make crazy hacky mod and post it. I quote:
List of things I wanted to say a few years back said:
As keantoken once said: some may doubt my credibility on the grounds that my first post is a mod.

Well, believe this if you want.

Your Loss. :p
haha, I was really weird.
:/

on a side note, I bet that just creeped you out

Feb 9, 2010 at 1:39 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I'm weird too. Irreconcilably weird. I am weird among the weird.

I say that weird is better than the alternative. Although I find it hard to stand weirdness for the sheer sake of weirdness; I always thought that if you were gonna be weird, be authentically weird - weird in such a away that you couldn't be normal if you tried, and nothing more or less.

It don't matter if you're weird. Just that you make good conversation.

- keantoken

Sep 7, 2010 at 9:34 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
JonathanBaken said:
www.Georgeandjonathan.com

ALL songs are direct exports from PXTONE, no post production.

You are some jive turkeys, you know that?
I like it. Well, all except the WOAHSEIZURE flashing bars.