Post your PxTone creations!

Sep 22, 2015 at 10:07 PM
Pxtone Discord Admin
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Nov 8, 2015 at 10:13 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
After months and months of avoiding PxTone, I've finally made something complete...in PxTone. Something calming and simple.

Another Day

I've a download link for the file here, but I'm not sure if I need to include the instruments and such. (It's just PEPOfont stuff so....or do you link a pttunes? I guess so.)

Also maybe this is kind of a bump but

Butterfly444 is really awesome; I love the fluidity and the portamento on that lead. And they both have delicious percussion, mmm yes.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2015 at 6:33 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I've a download link for the file here, but I'm not sure if I need to include the instruments and such. (It's just PEPOfont stuff so....or do you link a pttunes? I guess so.)

You don't need to include a link to the instruments, since in pxtone files all the instruments and samples are saved to the song file. It's part of how pxtone works (and it'd be somewhat of a nightmare to get it working with external instruments, since they're customizable/infinite).

Anyways your song sounds good, but it sounds like you're maxing out the volume at 0:30. Might wanna tweak the volume levels there.

Dec 4, 2015 at 7:45 AM
Beakface
PxTone always seems to have really loud instruments that drown out a lot of the other instruments. It's real hard to get the balancing right in a piece.

Anywho, I've been trying to actively work more in PxTone and get used to composing with it. Here's another quick piece I did: Jaded Haze (recording).

Dec 8, 2015 at 5:39 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
PxTone always seems to have really loud instruments that drown out a lot of the other instruments.
That would be an issue with the samples you use, not the program itself. To fix that, just make a volume event at the beginning of the song to lower the volume of the loud instruments.

Jan 25, 2016 at 5:46 AM
Beakface
Feb 13, 2016 at 2:53 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Some things I composed about 2 years ago. I did some touch-up work on them today, and I thought I ought to put them up here.

Ambiance

"SeeItsCoolCuzIUsedSamples" (This one's a very small loop)

Feb 23, 2016 at 2:44 AM
Assistance
Last edited:
Feb 29, 2016 at 9:17 AM
Beakface
Untitled 21 (SoundCloud)

Just messing around, mainly with chiptune/delay effects.

Man, your instrumentation is so chill. I love those drums especially. I can never get my percussion to have that same amount of power in PxTone.

Some things I composed about 2 years ago. I did some touch-up work on them today, and I thought I ought to put them up here.

Ambiance

"SeeItsCoolCuzIUsedSamples" (This one's a very small loop)

Gosh I love these too...the delicateness of "Ambiance"'s soft lead is absolutely beautiful.

very interesting sounds; the bass drum in "jjjjj" seems a bit heavy for me though. "Skull Child" kind of gives me Knytt music vibes.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2016 at 3:05 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I'm still trying to master the art of PxTone, but while I'm at it have a Surfer Rock beat I did yesterday. I don't know much about Surfer Rock fills, so I just did some regular rock fills instead. Enjoy.

Mar 26, 2016 at 1:56 AM
Beakface
I'm still trying to master the art of PxTone, but while I'm at it have a Surfer Rock beat I did yesterday. I don't know much about Surfer Rock fills, so I just did some regular rock fills instead. Enjoy.
The page said I needed permission to view it. I sent a request, but perhaps it would be more ideal to have it public next time.

Mar 26, 2016 at 4:38 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
The page said I needed permission to view it. I sent a request, but perhaps it would be more ideal to have it public next time.

That's odd. Usually that doesn't happen when I share my stuff via Google Drive. I saw your request to access the file and I granted it, of course. But this is still the first time I'm having people require access to my files shared. I'll look into it. Thanks for informing me.

Mar 27, 2016 at 5:44 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
So I did another PxTone creation. This time, it's Latin. Or something like that. Forgive me if some notes are off in regards to the piano or if the bass drum is too quiet, I'm still working that out.

Also, I dunno if this works for anyone else, but Google Drive can recognize if there are any apps/programs that can use a given program if it's not one that is commonly used or recognized. Here's the image in question.
p213773-0-csd2oxn.png

Oh! Before I forget. Here's the song I used as inspiration for the piano and guitar.

Apr 3, 2016 at 6:24 AM
Beakface
Here's a couple PxTone compositions I've done in the past few days:

Okay, I finally got around to listening to this. That was cool; I really love those drum sounds. (can i steal them)

So I did another PxTone creation. This time, it's Latin. Or something like that. Forgive me if some notes are off in regards to the piano or if the bass drum is too quiet, I'm still working that out.

Oh! Before I forget. Here's the song I used as inspiration for the piano and guitar.
This is also pretty nifty. Yeah something about those high notes that get introduced early on sound a bit off. I also like the beat in this, and the bassline. I'm not sure why you've set so much of the volume for the bass at the same volume though. I imagine that would make it harder to adjust the volume each time.

Apr 9, 2016 at 11:40 PM
Pxtone Discord Admin
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
5 new short tunes, each written in about an hour.

Forgive me for not checking out the last couple of months of posts here; I should really be more active on this thread since I work with pxtone so much. I'll try to find time to listen to some of these and comment later.

Apr 21, 2016 at 9:33 AM
Beakface
Have a layered hardcore pentatonic song: Chai Tea (ptcop)

5 new short tunes, each written in about an hour.

Forgive me for not checking out the last couple of months of posts here; I should really be more active on this thread since I work with pxtone so much. I'll try to find time to listen to some of these and comment later.

There's a lot of good balance in the percussion and some great tunes, but a couple of the songs (particularly "Level 5 Nothing", though "Negative Squared" doesn't have as extreme of a contrast) have sudden blasts of volume with little to no buildup. It is more shocking and kind of breaks the flow of the music. "A Snap of Breath" is probably my favourite out of all these; it's got a pleasant RPG village feel to it, and I love the trills as well as how the chords bend.

Last edited: