Pokemon X and Y : Battle of the Sexes(?)

Sep 24, 2013 at 2:35 AM
/end
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Wild Desu said:
Yeah, similar to that rock jumpy one whose name escapes me at the moment.
Rock Climb? The one that only worked during Gen 4 games?

Oct 3, 2013 at 4:41 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
MEGA CHARIZARD X CONFIRMED! Its also a fire/dragon type.

Oct 12, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
I got my xipy and its amazinh and I not sleeping tonighr Pokemon time gogogo

Oh god so there's like five kids getting their Pokemon right and they're trying to decide on a nickname for me
I'm Dunc so the choices are D-Meister, Li'l D, and Big D
Obviously I'm choosing Big D

Oct 12, 2013 at 12:53 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Can anyone confirm that this game still uses HM's?

Probably going to skip out on X and Y, didn't have much fun with B&W and i doubt i'd have much fun with this either. Gathering a team is fun and all, but having to waste 2 slots on some HM slaves so i could crush some boulders in my path irritated me to no end. That, and having a fat orange pikachu as a new canidate shows that they are really getting out of ideas for new 'mons.

Oct 14, 2013 at 4:28 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
This game uses HMs. However I am finished the game and the only time you need to use HM's is strength and surf on victory road except for getting optional items or shortcuts between towns. REVIEW:

Pokemon X and Y are incredible, I just got white two and hated the shit out of it. Everything was bad and wrong. This game fixes everything. Battle scenes are well presented and up to date but nostalgic. The game does not seem like it's stopping your adventure every two seconds to make you do something seemingly pointless or boring. THE MINI GAMES ARE ALL OPTIONAL. They don't even force you to try them but if you do, you won't regret it because they're fun. And also unlike in b/w TONS of grinding isn't necessary but actually makes you feel stronger. Also they're are awesome new features like riding Pokemon and customizing your character. Mega evolutions are fun to use in battle and make you feel stronger but not OP, I have multiple Pokemon who can mega evolve because then you can choose one depending on the enemies team. The game is great alone like every other Pokemon game but SUPER FUN with other people. I've only played with my sister and I can already tell when all my friends get together it'll be awesome to play. I highly recommend it. My aforementioned sister bought a 3ds just to play it and it was worth it and I haven't even mentioned the stellar over world visuals, fixed camera angles, gyms, music OR the story which is much better than a lost purloin but not quite as good as N's quest for a better relationship between Pokemon and man. I don't want to spoil anything but it IS EPIC.The only problem I have with this game IS the Pokemon, something they did not improve from Gen V as many people had complained about too many object Pokemon, which there are A LOT of. However this is fixed by giving us access to cool new versions of our favourite old Pokemon throughout the game, that and mega evolutions. The game is also way too easy. I know it's a kids game, but I'm fairly certain the majority of the demographic actually isn't. As I said, I liked I didn't have to grind too much but I feel like I could've done the entire game without any. There were some hard parts, but a couple O-Power blasts makes em a piece o' cake. But then again maybe I'm just good because other people do struggle.

TL;DR: THIS GAME IS GREAT BUY IT AND BILL ME IF YOU MUST

EDIT: Just beat the game, and as cheesy as the ending is, it gives me goosebumps and I love it.

Oct 30, 2013 at 3:15 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
It is a very good game indeed. . . I found out how to get shinies...
one way is to tip the photo guy or anyone else that wants a tip 1000. Another way is to find the same thing a bunch of times in a row. (I suggest a dark cave or the water if you are desperate for a shiny.)
I did both and tried to get a shiny eevee, but I got bored and went into a hoarde of tentacool called water. I found a shiny tentacool :3

Oct 30, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Professional Whatever
Has the tipping thing been confirmed? I thought it was still a myth. Also i'm pretty sure sticking to one area doesn't help at all.

Oct 31, 2013 at 1:44 AM
I'm not sure if it's still a myth or not. . . I did tip the photo guy 1000 every time I saw him afterwards. I'm now chasing zapdos around until it goes to sea spirits den. .

Oct 31, 2013 at 4:57 PM
I finally went and gave Y a go, it's really cool how they made the fights in full 3D. Not sure if i'm ever going back to the previous games after that, though.

Also, in Lumiose there's this 3-floored black building in which you have to see the second floor. Go check it out.

Nov 1, 2013 at 12:55 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
p169935-0-image62520thumbwide610.jpg

... There goes the odds of Pokemon X and Y receiving half decent creepy pastas!

Nov 3, 2013 at 6:55 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
anyone here wanna trade friend codes? mine is 4596-9688-4729.

either PM me or post in here if you wanna add me

Nov 4, 2013 at 2:49 AM
Been here way too long...
Shit gets really anime really fast after the seventh gym.

Nov 9, 2013 at 6:57 AM
Missingno has returned. . .

Nov 12, 2013 at 4:50 PM
"...They are over 9000 for sure"
"...my body is ready!"

Groan.

Nov 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Professional Whatever
Ugh I hated the outdated memes they kept using in X and Y
But I guess it was a good attempt at trying to appeal to social media maybe?

Nov 12, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I think a nicer attempt is the fact that there's a Youngster Joey in this game. Probably coincidence, but still. ^_^

Nov 12, 2013 at 5:53 PM
MagicDoors said:
Ugh I hated the outdated memes they kept using in X and Y
But I guess it was a good attempt at trying to appeal to social media maybe?
If we still lived in the 2005's, maybe. But then again having my pokemon twerk at my face wouldn't be a briliant alternative either.