Plus Porter (1.1.0.1)

May 10, 2014 at 2:19 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Aar said:
I would have preferred a link to the thread, but alright
Sorry, I've now hyperlinked the "ported by Aar" text to your thread. Your zipped download had an overabundance of folders inside of folders that weren't necessary for the purposes of a Plus Porter port, as well as gave installation instructions that didn't completely line up with Plus Porter's procedure. I uploaded my own version because I didn't want to confuse any potential users. If you want me to solely refer them to your thread to download it and not provide my own download, then I'd be more than happy to do so, if you'd be so kind as to upload your own version that's just like the one I uploaded (in that it's just the "wtfstory" folder from your zipped download).

May 10, 2014 at 4:39 PM
Based Member
Both the link in the OP and that in my post with the v0.6.0.0 release have now been changed to use that download link.

Jun 26, 2014 at 9:56 PM
Based Member
ORIGINALLY POSTED ON 10 MAY, 2014:
Noted. The posts have been updated once again.
----------------------------------------

ORIGINALLY POSTED ON 7 JUNE, 2014:
So when I first mapped this whole thing out, I was planning on making a feature that would let you add and replace individual face pictures within Plus porter, but now I'm beginning to feel that it would be kind of redundant since you can already do so very easily by simply editing Face.bmp and importing that. I'm heavily considering canceling this feature and removing "Face picture" from the add and replace sub-menus. Any objections to this decision before I go through with it?

ORIGINALLY POSTED ON 15 JUNE, 2014:
A new version is now available. You may either download it from the original post, or here: Plus Porter v0.7.0.0

Changes in this new version:

-Fixed the glitch with the item and weapon selectors in the port properties window where the item or weapon ID would under some circumstances not properly refresh, reset, or load
-Fixed the glitch where it would fail to overwrite the files if there was an existing folder with the same name as that which the port has
-Made it so that the apply port window redesigns itself appropriately if you delete the mod you were intending to apply
-Fixed the very minor bug of the Org, Stage, and Npc folders getting created when they shouldn't be if you start a new mod after having one open that has those
-Made it so that the NICALiS Graphics filtering window doesn't refresh unless it comes across an image that has potential matches. That way the process completes a bit faster
-Made the progress bar for applying ports much more precise
-Fixed the glitch where an image whose filters reduced it to a blank image got corrupted
-Enabled the program to delete a folder when uninstalling a port and made this toggleable in preferences. Please note that this doesn't always work, I still need to make this more reliable
-Improved the automatic exe detection when loading a stage folder such that it will detect ones with dissenting filenames
-Made the preview in the replace image widget display the image you've used as a replacement under all conditions, and in its unfiltered state
-Added the widget that enables the user to add backgrounds, NPC Tilesets, and credit images without replacing any existing ones
-Modified the replace resource window such that you can undo a replace by clicking to replace a file when the field for the path for the file is blank
-Added the widgets necessary for adding and replacing tilesets
-Removed "Face picture" from the add and replace sub-menus, as plans for those features have been canceled since they would have been redundant and unnecessary
-Expanded the capability of the "Replace Stage Folder" feature so that you can now replace tilesets in the process, and also specify which file types you want to ignore, if any

Since nobody spoke up and objected when I asked about it, I've canceled plans on the features for adding and removing individual face pictures within Plus Porter, so you will no longer see such options in the add and replace sub-menus. Enjoy.

Turns out there is a major program-breaking bug that has been present in the graphics filtering window since version 0.6.0.0, and that it only occurs in the runnable jar, so I'm making a minor release to fix that bug. You may either download the new version in the OP, or here: Plus Porter v0.7.1.1

-Made it so that the close button on the port properties window doesn't make the window close if you've just started a new port, for the same reason I removed the cancel button under those circumstances
-Packaged the program into an exe so that I was able to set a JVM property that fixes the glitch where the graphics filtering window would crash if the image in question had clumps that were too large

Version 0.6.0.0 has 20 downloads and version 0.7.0.0 has 18, so I'm not sure how many people ran into this and didn't tell me.

Also, I realize that my new releases tend not to garner much attention unless I give you something interesting with it, so here's a screenshot from the port that you can expect to see released along with version 0.8.0.0:
WahahaStory_zps6dfdc51e.png

Jun 27, 2014 at 3:04 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I don't think I can handle a HD version of that mod.

It may be too much.

Jul 4, 2014 at 10:51 AM
Based Member
At the cost of much sleep, a new version is now available. You may either download it from the original post, or here: Plus Porter v0.8.0.0

-Made it so that when replacing a stage folder, each file is inspected to make sure it isn't identical to its base counterpart and if so it's skipped
-Added a progress bar for when a stage folder is being replaced, in order to compensate for the larger amount of time replacing a stage folder now takes due to inspecting each file
-Added a progress bar for when a port is being saved
-Fixed the glitch where replacing just images from a stage folder would mess stuff up. I could have sworn I had this all working in the previous release, but it's all working now
-Made it so that, when applying a port, the program appends any custom face pictures in a mod to the base Face.bmp since that's the only one the game reads from, and changes all <FAC commands in said mod's scripts accordingly
-Changed the characters used in the file replacing window to ones that can't appear in filenames so that using obscure characters in your paths or files won't mess anything up
-Implemented the widgets necessary for adding and replacing individual maps
-Fixed the glitch where the program would fail to overwrite existing files when saving your port
-Enabled the user to preview images and maps loaded up in a port

Additionally, as teased above, I have a new port to demonstrate the face picture-manipulation capabilities found newly in this version. And here is that port:

WAHAHA Story

A big thanks goes to Noxid for making my job easier by writing the code for decoding and re-encoding .tsc files. I'm going to bed now because the birds have been singing and the sun has been rising for the past hour. See you guys at noon hopefully.

Sep 3, 2014 at 3:36 PM
Based Member
2 months later, the next version is out. You may either download it from the original post, or here: Plus Porter v0.9.0.0

-Fixed the glitch where the map preview would improperly generate if the mod's map being viewed had a custom .pxm file, which in effect also fixed the glitch where maps wouldn't display if you'd just edited a map's properties
-Made it so that the add map feature is greyed out if 95 or more maps are on the list
-Made it so that a warning is displayed when a map list is loaded that exceeds 95 maps
-Made it so that clicking the Ok button on the port properties window will only make the main window refresh if you're starting a new port.
-Made it so that your port won't be marked as having unsaved changes if you click ok on the port properties window but didn't actually make any changes.
-Made the replacement window focus on the proper item upon opening and refreshing when clicking the "Replace" button.
-Made it so that, when the main window refreshes, the selected items in all the scrollpanes are always visible.
-Fixed the glitch where a "null" folder would be created if you messed with the "Manage ports" option at all
-Fixed the glitch where it would sometimes fail to fully delete the accompanying folder of a mod that's being uninstalled
-Enabled the user to view maps even if no stage.tbl file has been loaded.
-Removed the planned option for adding music without replacing it because I discovered that it's impossible in CS+ mods without hacking the exe
-Fixed the minor graphical error where all the replace buttons on the main window, except for the one below the maps scrollpane, protruded one pixel to the right past the scrollpanes that they were beneath.
-Made it so that, when clicking the accept button on the replace resource window, your port only gets marked as having unsaved changes if files were replaced
-Synchronized the clickability of all the add and replace buttons on the main window with their edit menu counterparts
-Implemented the widgets necessary for replacing music.

Additionally, here's a new port to demonstrate the music replacing features found newly in this version:

Cave Story 2

This is the last major alpha release. This program is pushing on feature-completion, I just need to add one more little thing to bring it all together. Assuming there's no urgent need to patch a bug, the next version will be the first beta, whereupon you'll also get a port of my fourth ending mod. I'm shooting for a mid-October release, so stay tuned!

Oct 19, 2014 at 2:37 AM
Based Member
Ladies and gentlemen, Plus Porter has officially entered beta stage! You may either download the new release from the original post, or here: Plus Porter v1.0.0.0

- Made the "Save port as..." feature jump to the folder local to the last opened port, and the open feature as well if the last opened port does not appear to exist anymore
- Enabled the user to remove resources that they have replaced or added via right-clicking on the main window
- Enabled the user to scan already loaded images for NICALiS graphics by right-clicking on them on the main window
- Enabled the user to load data from the exe for arms_level.tbl, bullet.tbl, and wave.dat via the "Replace Miscellaneous File" feature.
- Fixed the glitch where a replaced tileset image would not display in the replace tileset preview if both the image and a pxa file were being replaced.
- Fixed the glitch where map previews would be garbled if the tileset the map used had been filtered
- Fixed the glitch where the map preview wouldn't generate under some circumstances if a map's properties had been messed with
- Added a wizard that makes almost the entire port for you with the click of a button
- Fixed the glitch where the "Add Credit Image" widget wouldn't automatically suggest a vacant credit image slot upon opening.

This program is now pretty much feature complete now. I realize that up until this point I haven't gotten much feedback, which is understandable since this program was technically still under development, but now I really need feedback in order to make this program the best it can be, because at this point I've exhausted all ideas for features that I think might be useful.

Yes, I did say that I'd have a port of my fourth ending mod out along with this release... Well, I guess I lied. I really want to get this out there right now, and the port of my fourth ending mod just isn't ready yet. It shouldn't take too long though.

But anyway, please try this out and tell me what you think!

Nov 8, 2014 at 2:11 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I tried v1.0.0.0, and so far saving a port does not work.

Nov 9, 2014 at 8:54 PM
Based Member
Can you tell me what setup you have? What exactly goes wrong?

Nov 10, 2014 at 4:01 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
HaydenStudios said:
Can you tell me what setup you have? What exactly goes wrong?

Java Version: 8u25

Whenever I click either Save or Save as, a popup doesnt appear at all. It did on v0.9.0.0, but not on v1.0.0.0.

Nov 10, 2014 at 11:26 AM
Based Member
I wouldn't necessarily say that the lack of a popup means it didn't save right. If your port is really small then the mini progress bar will appear and disappear really fast. Even if it doesn't appear at all, it's much more conclusive to see if the asterisk (*) by your mod's name in the window title disappears. And ultimately the best way to see is to browse to where you saved your port and see if a folder was created.

I find it a little hard to believe that a glitch like this could have slipped through a year of alpha testing.

EDIT: 1,250th post! "Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."

Nov 11, 2014 at 4:49 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
HaydenStudios said:
I wouldn't necessarily say that the lack of a popup means it didn't save right. If your port is really small then the mini progress bar will appear and disappear really fast. Even if it doesn't appear at all, it's much more conclusive to see if the asterisk (*) by your mod's name in the window title disappears. And ultimately the best way to see is to browse to where you saved your port and see if a folder was created.

I find it a little hard to believe that a glitch like this could have slipped through a year of alpha testing.

EDIT: 1,250th post! "Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."

its a possibility that my computer is playing tricks with me, because it just now started working...idk. i always had problems with java on 64bit versions of Windows.

Nov 11, 2014 at 5:48 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Iiz10ninja said:
Java Version: 8u25

Whenever I click either Save or Save as, a popup doesnt appear at all. It did on v0.9.0.0, but not on v1.0.0.0.
Cannot use most buttons mostly Browse buttons and when i insert manually Bmp file into Npc it don't find it. What to do.

Nov 11, 2014 at 6:41 AM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Can you form that sentence more orderly so that we can actually understand it? Like, just a suggestion and all

Nov 11, 2014 at 1:51 PM
Based Member
Iiz10ninja said:
i always had problems with java on 64bit versions of Windows.
That's strange, because I as well am running Java on a 64-bit Windows 7 OS.

alfasketer said:
Cannot use most buttons mostly Browse buttons and when i insert manually Bmp file into Npc it don't find it. What to do.
Like spirit said, it would be nice to have a more clear description of the sequence of buttons you're pressing so that I know exactly what is and isn't working on your end. There are a lot of aspects of this program that don't work right on Windows XP with most post-April 2014 Java updates, so I'm not sure if that's your problem.

I just recently tried the latest version of Plus Porter out with Java 8 update 25, and the only issue I'm facing is the "about" window not properly rendering. Some Java updates in the past have broken this, and then it's been fixed by later updates. If your JRE is up to date and you're having issues, the best advice I can give is revert to an earlier Java update or wait until the next one.

Some issues might also stem from the fact that the latest version was compiled with JDK 7 which is now being phased out. I'll have to look into this when I have time.

Nov 11, 2014 at 6:32 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Spirit Drifter said:
Can you form that sentence more orderly so that we can actually understand it? Like, just a suggestion and all
OK sorry I was in a rush and ... yeah...
I'll list the problems I encountered so far.
1st. Open Ports Button is not active(meaning it doesn't show any pop-up or open any windows at all and doesn't respond) untill i make a new port. Save port has the same problem but this maybe is because I did't add any kind of tileset which leads to
2nd. When I add custom tilesets all the browse buttons don't work.When I tried to add them manually the porter say that they are not valid (I used the NPC tileset NpcRegu from WAHAHA). The same goes for the direct port feature where I must select unmodified version of the freeware Cave Story (Still I Don't know if it works with Deluxe but i don't think its particulary a problem since it's just a package.)
And that's it.
I am on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and Java is version 7 update 71.

Nov 19, 2014 at 1:59 AM
Based Member
Okay. My guess is that some exception is being thrown. I've made a slightly debugged unofficial release to try to figure out what's going wrong:

https://www.mediafire.com/?j00qfdg4dh26x3d

Try this version and try once again to use the "open" feature, and tell me if an error message pops up. If so, then please post a screenshot so that I know what kind of error we're dealing with.