PiyoPiyo Tutorial?

Sep 19, 2013 at 9:21 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Hey guys! I was wondering if theres a tutorial for PiyoPiyo anywhere. Ive looked for one, but cant seem to find one.

Sep 20, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Okay no that's just completely wrong. Piyopiyo is used to make .pmd music and Piyopiyoplayer is used to listen to the music. Orgmaker has nothing to do with it.

Sep 20, 2013 at 1:08 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
(Fatih120: PiyoPiyo and OrgMaker work with different music formats.)

ShinigamiMachine: I can't find a complete tutorial I found a brief guide to PiyoPiyo in this post: Ikachan Modding Guide. Open the Spoiler section, then look at section 2 "Editing Music".

Here are some tips about some things that might be unclear:
  • To create a new file, type a new file name in the Open dialog box.
  • To move the repeat signs, drag them with the right mouse button.
  • When you click on the wave icon and the screen changes to the editing screen, you can change the numbers on this screen by clicking on them, then using the up and down arrow keys on the keyboard.
  • Like OrgMaker, the tempo is specified using the Music Wait number, which is the duration of a grid step in milliseconds.
  • The Music Size is the length of the song in grid steps. (This number moves the ending double bar line symbol.)
To compute Wait from beats per minute:
  • If you want to follow the grid lines and use 4 grid steps as a beat, thenWait = 15000 / (beats per minute)
  • If you want to use some other number N steps in a beat, thenWait = (60000 / N) / (beats per minute)
EDIT1: added "on the keyboard" to clarify.
EDIT2: added Wait computation.
EDIT3: added link to Ikachan Modding Guide post.
EDIT4: added tip about creating a new file.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 20, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Fatih120 said:
It's not my fault, it's the part of me that is saying "That is just to load it... Not to make them. You need to use OrgMaker" but forgetting what it really does is the problem.
Um, what?

Anyways I recommend you don't use piyopiyo as a general format since it can have playback issues with time sync and is a bit lacking in certain features. Your best bet is either orgmaker, or even better would be pxtone.

Sep 22, 2013 at 9:07 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I'm pretty sure everyone already figured out you have no idea what you're talking about, you don't really need to keep posting to reiterate the point.

Sep 26, 2013 at 2:04 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
sorry i havent replied to you guys on a topic i made, ive been busy.
anyway thanks for the help and humour of listening to someone who has no idea what theyre talking about.