Pixel to make WarioWare minigame(s)

Mar 22, 2010 at 10:39 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Story here: http://www.destructoid.com/developers-getting-in-on-the-warioware-d-i-y-fun-168561.phtml

I guess you all know how Wario Ware works, small minigames completed in the time of 5 seconds. Wario Ware DIY is, apparently, a new game in the series, with the addition for players to create their own minigames. It's been out in Japan since April 2009.

Some "big-name" developers are going to release minigames made for the game (for free, if you have the game) and my eyes immidiately caught up on:
Other developers taking part in this experiment include: Pixel aka Daisuke Amaya (Cave Story), 5th Cell (Scribblenauts), WayForward (A Boy and his Blob), Gaijin Games (the BIT.TRIP series) and Team Meat (Super Meat Boy).

I'm not a big fan of the series but it's going to be neat to see what comes up nevertheless. Only problem is that this is the state of my DS (thanks to my sister). Bliss.

Mar 22, 2010 at 10:42 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
GOD DAMN IT PIXEL.
STOP MAKING GAMES FOR THE WII UNTIL I GET ONE.
YOU BASTARD.

I can see how Pixel would excel at this sort of game, though.

Mar 22, 2010 at 10:45 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
As far as I know, WarioWare D.I.Y. is for Nintendo DS, not Wii. (But I don't really know shit about the game, so I could be wrong.)

Mar 22, 2010 at 10:48 PM
"Huzzah!"
There is a wiiware version, to play the mini-games on a TV and download more mini-games from the Internet.

You can connect to the DS version, where are the tools, and exchange games.

Mar 22, 2010 at 10:49 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Ooh, minigames. Wonder what Pixel will do?

And sorry for the DS, Chainsawkitten. Looks you could replace the hinge piece, though if the three cables are severed (screen cable, wifi antenna, speaker cable), you might want to consider replacing it all together...

Mar 22, 2010 at 11:02 PM
I see.

I think I'll be buying a DSi when Ôkamiden comes out anyways.

Mar 22, 2010 at 11:45 PM
"Huzzah!"
I don't get the point of the DSi.
Oh, yay, a camera. So worth the extra money.

Mar 22, 2010 at 11:48 PM
Wireless LAN possibilites that should have been in the DS Lite to begin with.

Mar 23, 2010 at 12:46 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
DS lite?
I use the oldest version.

Mar 23, 2010 at 12:50 AM
So did I, and hence was unable to access the Internet and play multiplayer games on it due to its incompatibility with our router settings.

Mar 23, 2010 at 4:40 PM
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
oh, wow. I didn't even know about the Wii portion of DIY until I saw this thread... nice, because I only have an original DS and I'd rather play this stuff on the big screen anyway.

So, I wonder if all these games being made by developers are going to reflect games they're known for (i.e. all the Nintendo-themed Wario Ware minigames) or just be new things by them? Knowing Pixel, he'll want to do something new and fresh, but it'd be nice if he gave us some Cave Story love, or even Ikachan.

Mar 23, 2010 at 7:56 PM
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Ikachan will probably make a apperance. Not too sure about cave story

Mar 24, 2010 at 1:26 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Well who knows. As long as Pixel is one of those developers that gets to make his own decisions on what he needs to put into the game, then maybe the CS community will see a few easter eggs.

Mar 24, 2010 at 1:31 AM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
Ohh... no way could Pixel make a single game and not put an out-of-game character in somewhere.

Mar 24, 2010 at 1:52 AM
The Bucket Fairy
"..."
Rain? ftrksn char limits sucks

Mar 24, 2010 at 2:10 AM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I still have the 1st gen DS, so I guess I won't be playing these. Bawww.
Too bad, because WarioWare + Pixel would be amazing.

Mar 24, 2010 at 2:56 AM
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Yakkers said:
I still have the 1st gen DS, so I guess I won't be playing these. Bawww.
Too bad, because WarioWare + Pixel would be amazing.

That's exactly why I just said it's awesome that they're also releasing them on the Wii, lol. I still have a normal old DS, and even this '3DS' crap coming out doesn't look like it'll be changing that.

Apr 25, 2010 at 12:18 AM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Bumpity bump.

I got WarioWare DIY today, so as soon as I figure out how/if I can connect to the internet I'll be looking for Pixel's stuff.

Feb 26, 2011 at 3:44 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
The minigame in question is a derpy little color-matching Ikachan game. With equally derpy music.
But it's still awesome, because Pixel made it.

Feb 26, 2011 at 6:43 PM
Chainsawkitten said:
I see.

I think I'll be buying a DSi when Ôkamiden comes out anyways.

You might as well just wait for the 3DS, it's backwards compatable with everything the DSi has to offer, including DSiWare games and the camera.

Mike73 said:
I don't get the point of the DSi.
Oh, yay, a camera. So worth the extra money.

It has a couple of other things, such as a free internet browser and the ability to purchase and download games. (some current examples of DSi downloadable games are Electroplankton [which is extremely rare to find nowadays, $20 in downloads beats $80 for a USED DS copy], Rayman, Dr. Mario Express, Earthworm Jim, and, of course, Cave Story)

Like I said though, the 3DS is supposed to be able to download these DSiWare games anyway, so it's probably worth waiting out on. (It won't have a GBA slot, but neither does the DSi)