Physical cart of CS+?

Nov 10, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
At this point NiCALiS is really just trying to salvage the great game, even though Pixel wishes to move on with new and unrelated work.

(Though a few extras like Wind Fortress would be cool, if done right.)

Nov 10, 2013 at 9:29 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
EnlightenedOne said:
At this point NiCALiS is really just trying to salvage the great game, even though Pixel wishes to move on with new and unrelated work.

(Though a few extras like Wind Fortress would be cool, if done right.)
When I think of extras that could be added to CS, I really like the thought behind Bombchu Link's mod: Sue's Story. It shows more of the back story to a in-game character that actually pretty cool (aren't they all though! ) and opens up some more of the game. If done right, it could be the right influence to make someone want to pick up another copy of CS ... I mean it would not be the first time that they have included something that was originally in a mod (Boss Rush Mode).

That and I really like Bombchu's mod a whole lot! :sue:
I find that Sue is a character that has a lot of potential to her, and almost seems like she needs to have more screen time the Original CS gave her.

But then again, everything is up to Pixel and NiCALiS if they are up to doing something different or just doing what they have been doing... :momo:

Nov 10, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
It would be interesting to have a few add-ons like that. It would be cool if some of the mods here (king story, sue's story, miser...er...nevermind) were added in, although that probably wouldn't work well in a professional release. Especially K:SS. Not good idea.

Nov 10, 2013 at 10:01 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I am just saying the idea is really cool and it would make the story of CS a little more interesting for veterans that have completed the main story and want something else.

Nov 10, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Professional Whatever
With the eternal argument of "the game is mysterious by nature" that kind of would be hard to do properly and more likely than not would take away from the beauty of the game. The game is mysterious. Revealing too much ruins the effect.

To summarize: it would be cool, but it's pretty much an impossibility.

Nov 10, 2013 at 10:24 PM
I understand the concern of removing the element of mystery in CS, but if done properly they could maintain mystery by showing more things that are left to the player to understand (very much like the original).

It would be something that I would like to be in CS, but everyone has different taste in what they want in more CS content...

Nov 11, 2013 at 8:28 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
The thing about an official SS or K;SS is that this would make me rage and leave it unopened to modding and no speculation to what happened.

Everyone know that Sue didn't go to the Flower or mushroom cavern, or that King teamed up with the chuhuehueh chuthulo cthulhu to save mimiga village.

But it's a lot of fun to speculate and make our own little stories about these things.

And what doors said, the mystery makes the game more....mystical.

Nov 11, 2013 at 9:16 PM
While that may be true they can always open the world of CS even more by making more areas on or inside the island that were for some reason inaccessible in the main game while adding to the mysterious of the island itself. The main mode of transport into different areas was the teleporter in Arthur's house that jumped you between areas, but what there was a way to get to areas that were not normally accessed by the teleporter? Namely, I reference SS or K;SS because I like the character and that her back story I feel could add to the main plot of CS. Although I would have to play though the entire main story again if I were to come up with idea of how it would relate... So... :confused:

While I am beginning to seem like someone who is trying BS my way to make up something that could be though up as a possible sequel idea, I am mainly stating what I would like them to do with CS+ or the the possibility of CS++... And I think that they could make a mod fit with the main story without completely ruin the charm of the game (although the "official" translation does kinda kill some of the dialog just a bit in my opinion).

But the only time will tell what will happen to this game... :mahin:

​And sorry if I seem to ramble on just a bit... :toroko2:

And what about the unused items like the panties and the lipstick, they could add some use to them in a later release or re-release of CS... I mean Pixel even stated that he was going to do something with them originally in CS. Why not give them a purpose now?
Better late than never... :mahin:

Nov 12, 2013 at 12:26 AM
War criminal
Curly's panties finally had the purpose of unlocking Curly Story. The lipstick, well...

"I leave it to your imagination." - Pixel

Nov 12, 2013 at 12:32 AM
I see what he did there! But anyway, it would be nice if there was more "meat" added to the "useless" items of the game.

Nov 12, 2013 at 1:17 AM
War criminal
Careful with how you say those words. That's how NSFW came to be.

Nov 12, 2013 at 1:20 AM
All right more content to be added to the "useless" items... ^_^

Nov 12, 2013 at 1:22 AM
War criminal
Like Curly giving you the Iron Bond for returning her panties (why else were the two items in similar colors having the same logo on it?)

Nov 12, 2013 at 1:23 AM
Professional Whatever
Except the iron bond is also useless?

Nov 12, 2013 at 1:24 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
MrLog said:
Since I live in the UK, I haven't been able to get the dsi version (It's not out here as far as i'm aware...?) The 3ds version's graphics looked kinda weird, so I didn't get that either... If there was a 3ds version that was just like cave story+, I would probably buy that, depending on the price.
Ugh.. must I explain this? This is not Cave Story 3D, it is the eShop version of CS+, thus it already fills those criteria.

Bombchu Link said:
Everyone know that Sue didn't go to the Flower or mushroom cavern, or that King teamed up with the chuhuehueh chuthulo cthulhu to save mimiga village.
We don't know anything for or against in that regard. So why not?

Nov 12, 2013 at 1:27 AM
War criminal
MagicDoors said:
Except the iron bond is also useless?
Shhh... I was gonna break it to QuoteSan soon!

Nov 12, 2013 at 1:30 AM
Actually, it is ssupposed to be what keeps you and Curly together in Hell if you go to do the best end. But it is is opinional.

You guys act as though I don't play CS mods... But what if though... ^_^

Nov 12, 2013 at 3:49 AM
Professional Whatever
No the iron bond is useless, you tie curly up with the tow rope
The iron bond is very useless in every aspect
Everyone should shun the iron bond because it's a useless loner who doesn't deserve to be by quote's side

Nov 12, 2013 at 3:57 AM
So many useless items, but what are you going to do... :o

Nov 12, 2013 at 3:59 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
MagicDoors said:
No the iron bond is useless, you tie curly up with the tow rope
The iron bond is very useless in every aspect
Everyone should shun the iron bond because it's a useless loner who doesn't deserve to be by quote's side
bu-but I looked through the script...

but my bestest buddy doors is NEVER wrong......

c0n-tr@d1ct10n!!!111!!!!1!!!!!1!!!!!!!!

WHY DOORS WHY!!!!!!