Physical cart of CS+?

Nov 3, 2013 at 2:08 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Nicalis has put forward an interesting notion:
https://twitter.com/nicalis/status/394985642196611072

Personally I prefer physical over DD any day, so I'm all for this. But what about the rest of you? Would you buy a physical cart or would you consider it to not be worth the cost?

Nov 3, 2013 at 2:34 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
As long as it has the all the features of the PC version AND all the new music, yes I would buy it.

Something to do on the road instead of wishing I could draw or listening to my old music.

set aside the fact I don't have a 3DS

Nov 3, 2013 at 3:48 AM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
If it was the same price as the eShop, sure. If it was the regular 30-40 dollars, definitely not.

Nov 3, 2013 at 4:51 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
There would have to be like, some major benefit to getting the game that way, considering how many people have it for various systems and devices already.

Nov 3, 2013 at 5:01 AM
Melon Lord
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Not to mention there's already that 3D version, despite its....varying quality amongst us. I'm sure they'd be able to fit more than just the eShop version on a physical cart, considering the size limits Nintendo usually inputs for digital games on the eShop.

Nov 3, 2013 at 6:22 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Throwing the eShop versions of Ikachan and Guxt on that cart as extras might be a good idea since they'll never get a physical release otherwise. Plus it would give the cart a way to compete with its digital brethren.

Nov 3, 2013 at 6:59 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
A physical copy of Cave Story + (? I thought it was only 3DS on DS...) sounds sweet. Oh, wait, what am I saying; I don't even own a DS. Or 3DS, if that's what it's called now. But yeah, if I owned one of those devices, I would probably get my hands on one of those, to play CS on the go.

Nov 3, 2013 at 8:20 PM
War criminal
I would love to get the game, even though I already have the PC and the DSi versions. There's always room for another port of the game, with a couple of extras by Pixel in the port as well.

Nov 4, 2013 at 12:58 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I already have the dsi version of the game, and the 3D version, so i'm not really sure if i would buy it.

Nov 4, 2013 at 1:48 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Shadowcat said:
I already have the dsi version of the game, and the 3D version, so i'm not really sure if i would buy it.
The difference is that it has the CS+ extras such as Pixel's Wind Fortress as well as stereoscopic 3D (3D glasses style 3D) with 2D visuals (similar to CS DSi or any other version of the game besides CS3D). Well this is what I've heard, I haven't played it yet because Nintendo has so utterly shafted anyone with a wired internet connection when it comes to the eShop.

Nov 4, 2013 at 11:00 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I'd probably buy it, as long as it has more than Cave Story

Nov 5, 2013 at 5:13 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
andwhyisit said:
The difference is that it has the CS+ extras such as Pixel's Wind Fortress as well as stereoscopic 3D (3D glasses style 3D) with 2D visuals (similar to CS DSi or any other version of the game besides CS3D). Well this is what I've heard, I haven't played it yet because Nintendo has so utterly shafted anyone with a wired internet connection when it comes to the eShop.
I knew that, I just think ill buy it later if I have any spare money and I'm willing to use it for this version.

Nov 10, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Since I live in the UK, I haven't been able to get the dsi version (It's not out here as far as i'm aware...?) The 3ds version's graphics looked kinda weird, so I didn't get that either... If there was a 3ds version that was just like cave story+, I would probably buy that, depending on the price.

what resolution is cave story+ anyway? would they have to go back to the original sprites or would they stick to the higher resolution ones?

Nov 10, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Professional Whatever
I think CS+ had both options maybe.

Nov 10, 2013 at 1:48 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Yes, but the 3DS version lacks the extra soundtrack and graphics.

Nov 10, 2013 at 5:00 PM

I would probably buy a physical copy of CS+ mainly because it is CS. I own the + version for PC, but it would nice to have it for on the go... But only if it is somewhere in the $15~$20 range otherwise I would probably just wait.

EDIT!<< It would also be nice if they used the Fan Translation and not their "official" translation. :sue:

Nov 10, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Based Member
QuoteSan said:
EDIT!<< It would also be nice if they used the Fan Translation and not their "official" translation. :sue:
That would be really nice, but that's probably never going to happen.

Nov 10, 2013 at 8:33 PM
We can always dream though... Maybe one day it will happen ... (i.e never) :balrog:

While we are dreaming of things that may never happen, how about adding an actual "fourth ending" to CS... I feel would make people want to buy that version, or maybe include some extras to entice the player to dive back into the world of Cave Story! :chin:

Nov 10, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
QuoteSan said:
We can always dream though... Maybe one day it will happen ... (i.e never) :balrog:

While we are dreaming of things that may never happen, how about adding an actual "fourth ending" to CS... I feel would make people want to buy that version, or maybe include some extras to entice the player to dive back into the world of Cave Story! :chin:
Yeah, stuff like adding a real fourth ending or the unofficial translation has already been clamored for by fans. Unfortunately, we'll just have to wait and see if NICALiS / Pixel does anything with Cave Story in the future besides the normal re-releases.