OrgMaker 2 update

Jul 17, 2012 at 3:43 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I carefully examined the original Japanese text in Rxo Inverse's OrgMaker 2, and updated Xaser's English conversion of OrgMaker 2. I've never studied Japanese, but by using Google Translate to break and rejoin words in the translation, I believe I've gotten good translations.

org205xb.zip

Main features:
* Quick Help text translated.
* Edit toolbar (QuickSelect toolbar) status messages translated.
* Unknown commands added.
* All alert messages translated.

Read the included notes if you want to make your own changes or verify or improve the translations.

Jul 17, 2012 at 5:15 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Nice. I like the quick help.

Jul 17, 2012 at 9:16 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Can I put it on the tribute site?

Jul 17, 2012 at 8:06 PM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
:toroko2: yes! now I can fully understand Orgmaker 2!

Thanks for making this. :D

Jul 18, 2012 at 12:49 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Can I put it on the tribute site?

Yes. I added credits (Studio Pixel, Rxo Inverse, Xaser) at the beginning of the text file, so download that one. (Also, I corrected the spelling of "artificial" in the executable version information.)

Aug 26, 2012 at 6:33 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Thank you, sir! Our lives are awesomer for this.

Sep 14, 2012 at 4:55 AM
Professional Whatever
I just noticed something - 205xb doesn't allow you to put in values over 99 in the boxes that appear when you edit stuff (copypasta, song preferences menu, etc etc) so you're screwed if you need to paste a lot of song past bar 99.

Sep 14, 2012 at 4:59 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
actually it's a problem with the size of the input text boxes
if you use resource hacker or something you can make it bigger to fit longer numbers? I'm pretty sure GIR did it

or possibly change your system font or something but I DUNNO

Sep 14, 2012 at 5:24 AM
Professional Whatever
I reverted back to 205x and it worked fine. The font was different though, so maybe that was it.

Sep 15, 2012 at 3:06 PM
I just noticed something - 205xb doesn't allow you to put in values over 99 in the boxes that appear when you edit stuff (copypasta, song preferences menu, etc etc) so you're screwed if you need to paste a lot of song past bar 99.
actually it's a problem with the size of the input text boxes
if you use resource hacker or something you can make it bigger to fit longer numbers? I'm pretty sure GIR did it

or possibly change your system font or something but I DUNNO

Oops.

Yes, the size of items in dialog boxes is based on the dialog box font, and some text boxes only allow input that fits within their width. I remember making the repeat range boxes a little wider to accept 3 digits instead of 2. I now see most of the boxes in the Edit dialogs (Copy, Copy Multiple, Pan, Volume, Transpose, Delete) only accept 2 digits.

Instead of messing with the sizes of the text boxes, I've added the ES_AUTOHSCROLL flag to them so you can input numbers wider than the size of the box. (Making the text boxes wider would make it easier to read 3 digit numbers in them, but it tends to involve resizing everything in the dialog box to look nice and line up okay, which I don't want to bother with.)

Download version 2012-09-15 from the same link: org205xb.zip