Feb 26, 2014 at 12:09 AM
Mrs. Policewoman
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"

Here's my contribution.

Use this script to transfer to it.
Code:
<FAO0094<TRA0004:0094:0001:0008<MYD0002<END
And the image is settings.

I hope that the map's not too hard, I playtested it, and it's definately possible.

On a side note, my high score for Map #1 is 22.5 seconds!

Attachments

• CSTSFModCollabMap#2Settings.PNG
    CSTSFModCollabMap#2Settings.PNG
    3.7 KB · Views: 0
Feb 26, 2014 at 1:31 AM
leader of the meme team feat. tom, snaf and polad
Here's my contribution.
Use this script to transfer to it.
Code:
<FAO0094<TRA0004:0094:0001:0008<MYD0002<END
And the image is settings.

I hope that the map's not too hard, I playtested it, and it's definately possible.

On a side note, my high score for Map #1 is 22.5 seconds!
It's very impressive design-wise, but more then a little confusing, in my opinion.

There's a very strong feeling of "WHERE DO I GO" in it, which would be a non-issue to someone who knows where to go (the map creator), but confusing to someone who doesn't know where to go.

Honestly, the pipes are my main gripe with the room, all things considered. It's hard to tell what is and isn't collidable, and although you CAN tell what you can and can't collide with once you realize which specific tile you don't fall through, the fact that you're bombarded with attacks with no weapon doesn't help.

I'll keep it in, but if you end up revising it, post it if you will. It's a tad confusing imho. Other then that, the design is nice, and it does feel like a quality level.

And considering you don't supply the player with a weapon, I personally feel there are one too many flying Gaudi.

Feb 26, 2014 at 8:12 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I'm planning on using Outer Wall's background and tiles, in case anyone wants to know (it might be a good idea to minimize the amount of repeated tiles and backgrounds)

Feb 26, 2014 at 8:51 PM
So I've encountered... a troubling issue.

Scripts aren't being edited properly. At all.

Despite the fact that all of jj's files are renamed properly, it shows the scripts for the original room (in this case, he's overwriting Mimiga Village)

p180518-0-qzzcpss.png

This is effecting ALL the maps and it's preventing me from fixing up scripts. Thing is, the scripts that they've already implemented work fine, it's just that Booster's Lab doesn't know where to read them from. What do?

Feb 26, 2014 at 8:53 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
delete the scriptsource folder if they din't send you a scriptsource file
because it reads from there first if it exists

Feb 26, 2014 at 8:57 PM
"Huzzah!"
PolarStarGames said:
So I've encountered... a troubling issue.

Scripts aren't being edited properly. At all.

Despite the fact that all of jj's files are renamed properly, it shows the scripts for the original room (in this case, he's overwriting Mimiga Village)

p180518-0-qzzcpss.png

This is effecting ALL the maps and it's preventing me from fixing up scripts. Thing is, the scripts that they've already implemented work fine, it's just that Booster's Lab doesn't know where to read them from. What do?
I actually edited Sand Zone Storehouse (Gard) with cave editor.

Feb 26, 2014 at 8:59 PM
Noxid said:
delete the scriptsource folder if they din't send you a scriptsource file
because it reads from there first if it exists
Oh, right. Thanks.

Edit: That's...strange. The script source folder doesn't exist, but it's still giving the same issues...?

Edit: I suppose I can work around it by making a new map altogether and deleting the old one, but it shouldn't be happening at all...

jj4226 said:
I actually edited Sand Zone Storehouse (Gard) with cave editor.
The editor itself isn't the issue. But by the way, what are your NPC tilesets? The NPC boss thing you have set up just gives me errors.

Feb 26, 2014 at 9:05 PM
"Huzzah!"
I kept the original tileset and I think the tileset was Toro? (I'm on a computer right now with no CE---I'm just that lazy.)
Also, I know that the other tileset I used was eggs1, although I didn't really use it. Every single behemoth entity I created looked
like a mess-up of the Toroko boss.)

In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
check the stage folder, where the script files are
if you've edited the game with BL I guarantee it oughta be there

"Huzzah!"
I kept the original tileset and I think the tileset was Toro? (I'm on a computer right now with no CE---I'm just that lazy.)
Also, I know that the other tileset I used was eggs1, although I didn't really use it. Every single behemoth entity I created looked
like a mess-up of the Toroko boss.)

EDIT: oops did not mean for two of these posts. Pressed the reply button one too many times. (it was being slow to load)

Feb 26, 2014 at 9:07 PM
Noxid said:
check the stage folder, where the script files are
if you've edited the game with BL I guarantee it oughta be there
No I mean I deleted the script source folder, and it didn't exist at the time of me posting the issue.

I suppose making a new map, deleting the old map, and just plopping it where the old map was works, but it's just a strange issue.

Feb 26, 2014 at 9:20 PM
"Huzzah!"
PolarStarGames said:
Oh, right. Thanks.

Edit: That's...strange. The script source folder doesn't exist, but it's still giving the same issues...?

Edit: I suppose I can work around it by making a new map altogether and deleting the old one, but it shouldn't be happening at all...

The editor itself isn't the issue. But by the way, what are your NPC tilesets? The NPC boss thing you have set up just gives me errors.
I wasn't implying that the editor was the issue, but isn't it strange that my map in BL showed up as an edit of Mimi?

Feb 26, 2014 at 9:45 PM
jj4226 said:
I wasn't implying that the editor was the issue, but isn't it strange that my map in BL showed up as an edit of Mimi?
No.

I was originally going to overwrite Mimi with your map by renaming your map to it.

That didn't work so I decided against it.

Feb 26, 2014 at 9:50 PM
Professional Whatever
Use CE if you can't get BL to work
Or post the compilation so far so someone can fix it

Feb 26, 2014 at 9:50 PM
"Huzzah!"
PolarStarGames said:
No.

I was originally going to overwrite Mimi with your map by renaming your map to it.

That didn't work so I decided against it.
Oh, okay and did you see my last post about my NPC tilesets? (just making sure...)

Feb 27, 2014 at 1:47 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Tileset 1 should be Eggs1 and tileset 2 should be Toro if you want it to look right, since the behemoths read from tileset one.
If that doesn't work, if you don't need Toro then use Eggs1 in its place, so both have Eggs1 as its tileset.

Feb 27, 2014 at 2:15 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
They both read from slot one, so you have to edit NPC.tbl and swap the entities from one of the sheets to read from slot two.

HOWEVER, this changes it for all the maps... Though it shouldn't be a problem since Toroko+ isn't likely to be showcased in someone else's mod.

Feb 27, 2014 at 12:13 PM
"Huzzah!"
Kayya said:
Tileset 1 should be Eggs1 and tileset 2 should be Toro if you want it to look right, since the behemoths read from tileset one.
If that doesn't work, if you don't need Toro then use Eggs1 in its place, so both have Eggs1 as its tileset.
Oh, okay.
(I am still getting used to CE--- maybe a few weeks more)

Feb 28, 2014 at 5:42 AM
Professional Whatever
Alright since this isn't really a new tileset and it's not a big edit, could we use this for prtOside instead?
p180533-0-phdmkz3.png

All that's changed is the placement of the two types of solid four-part "blocks". The original design makes moving blocks look kind of ugly.