Noxid's Monthly Game Challenge - Scores Galore(s)!

Nov 23, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Noxid said:
If anybody else wants to take over then I'd be super grateful actually
I can offer to, on the basis of my obsession with scoring and updating things and my experience with what sort of games make for good competition

Nov 27, 2013 at 6:54 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Nov 27, 2013 at 7:26 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
If I could just butt in for a moment, I'm pretty sure the adultswim website is blocked in all other locations aside from the US. So that may not work.

/walks away

Edit: must have been thinking of theiryoutube channel. Ah well. Carry on.

Nov 27, 2013 at 8:23 AM
The Preacher
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
not true though, it works fine for me

Nov 27, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Professional Whatever
Candad's fine

Nov 27, 2013 at 12:38 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
If you wanna take over that's fine with me DT, as long as we aren't gonna play shumps from dusk till dawn

Nov 27, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
All my plans, up in smoke

Seriously though I'll be throwing one in every few months at most. I'll update the thread and game tomorrow, then. LAST DAY HYPE etc.

Nov 27, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Connorses said:
Oh but how could I forget Dino Run? It's a cool, fun, retro graphics, arcade game.
http://www.pixeljam.com/dinorun/index2.html

DON'T YOU FORGET DINO RUN. :D That game is pretty fun. Have you played Enter Planet D yet? I think it's their most recent one. It's pretty amusing, customizing the dinosaurs.

Wild Desu said:
If I could just butt in for a moment, I'm pretty sure the adultswim website is blocked in all other locations aside from the US. So that may not work.
/walks away
Edit: must have been thinking of theiryoutube channel. Ah well. Carry on.
Yeah, before you added the edit, I was about to reply, because I've played Pause Ahead on Adultswim, and I don't live in the US. :p

Since some members seem to be suggesting games, anyways...

Slayin - I haven't seen this mentioned on the forums at all, but it's pretty easy to pick up. I highly doubt I'd be making a dent on the high scores listed on the page, though. There's also a PC version available for download.

I could mention a few others (I've seen someone suggest Bump, and that's addicting as well.), although I'm also open to playing games I'm not as familiar with.

EDIT: Wow, I sure used the word "fun" a lot. Time to change that.

Nov 28, 2013 at 2:24 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Oh god yeah Bump was pretty addicting but I'll be honest I don't really want to play it for a month. It goes forever and it's random... And yet I bet if you were really patient and analyzed each few moves you could live forever.

Slayin' is pretty cool.

Nov 28, 2013 at 3:53 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Alright then, I think I've caught up on all the scores now. They'll be updated to reflect the change I suggested a while back (+4 for first, +2 for second, +1 for third). The bonus for beating Noxid will remain... provided he plays :chin: I also think I'll make seasons be every four games, as Spring/Fall is nearly over and there have only been two with minimal participation. I'll update the first post later, but for now, here are the current season standings:
Code:
MetaSeraphim: 10
Noxid: 6
Hiino: 6
MagicDoors: 5
trickybilly: 4
Connorses: 3
GIRakaCHEEZER: 2
X-Calibar: 2
DoubleThink: 2
Polaris: 2
TLincoln: 2
Now, to the next game... I checked out all of the ones offered, but felt they had various problems (too easy, too messy or awkward, too much like Dash-Da-Dash DX). In order to give the game challenge a Booster shot, I'm going with something accessible but with depth, something fast-paced and skillful, something... with rainbows.

maxresdefault.jpg
Find it here, and express the powers of your soul. Jump a lot, get bonuses, survive. Submissions will be taken from the total score of all three wishes given after finishing.

Nov 28, 2013 at 4:20 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
hey DDD-DX was great and possibly my favourite game challenge game so far :I

Nov 28, 2013 at 4:49 AM
Beakface
Noooo anything but rainbows. D:

I didn't know the games had to have a month's worth of replay value. Games with scores often have very linear gameplay, unless you count something with lots of levels and whatnot. Looking at some of the past games of this thread, some of them only had a single, straightforward path to follow, with little variety. I'm not saying that's a bad thing; this is just a moot observation.

I'll be sure to start playing it once I get over its bright colours and the fact that it has unicorns... >_<

Nov 28, 2013 at 5:55 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Games don't have to go for a month necessarily, in fact in this case I wanted something fairly simple to catch up on lost time. Strategy building is nice as long as the game has some sort of trackable scoring to go with it, otherwise it's not really applicable here. It was either going to be this or NeoQuest but I guess there's still time to switch :orangebell:

Nov 28, 2013 at 6:10 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
I'm pretty sure you're missing the scores for the spelunky tournament.

Nov 28, 2013 at 7:40 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I think it's a pretty good choice of game, I was considering Robot Unicorn Attack but if I'd known about the retro-style version I would have suggested it immediately.

The three tries mean you have to be capable of consistently getting the high scoring rounds and instead of just getting lucky. On the other hand there's not a ton of depth or strategy, it's all skill-based and requires a lot of trial-and-error.

I will keep looking for better competitive style games. :U
But seriously try out Fat Wizard it's great.

Nov 28, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
AWWWWWW YEAHHHHHHHHH

I love Robot Unicorn Attack! :D

I've only played the sequel, not the original, but I'm still looking forward to this. ^_^

(Besides, my score is pretty terrible, so I'd rather keep myself above the dreaded last position.)

Nov 28, 2013 at 5:49 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
p166483-0-5lpjfzs.png
Alright then, here's my first entry. Room for improvement but I think it's a pretty decent baseline.

Nov 29, 2013 at 6:57 AM
Beakface
Hey, this is made by Pixeljam! :D

This is definitely a lousy score, but at least it's something I can work towards beating. And I can make other people feel better about their scores.

retrounicornattack-highscore02_zpsc5075d49.png

I have to stop jumping into cliffs, which is probably the number one cause of my deaths at the moment.