Not important, but what is everybody's favourite cs colour palette?

May 28, 2021 at 8:05 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Personally, I like the brown and green contrast in labyrinth.

Last edited:
May 28, 2021 at 9:17 AM
"Huzzah!"
i was always fond of waterway's turquoise and gold-brown, it's pretty :]
also outer wall 'cause of the cool background contrasting with the dim white tiles

May 28, 2021 at 10:21 AM
i was always fond of waterway's turquoise and gold-brown, it's pretty :]
also outer wall 'cause of the cool background contrasting with the dim white tiles

I've never really thought much about most of CS's colour choices because they are usually very understated. Because of this, when something pops, it pops very hard. Like when you go from the core level to the waterway, or egg corridor to outer wall like you mentioned earlier. It's always going from dark and moody to bright and cheery (sometimes horrifying in the case of Blood Sanctuary).

Last edited:
May 28, 2021 at 12:50 PM
"Huzzah!"
I really like how the Outer Wall looks with the greyish, purplish, and blueish colors of tilesets blended with the background of the night sky.

May 28, 2021 at 3:18 PM
Serri Online
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Mine would probably have to be the Core room palette (PrtAlmond), it fits in well with Outer Wall's and Last Cave's palettes, and some tilesets look good with that palette, too.

May 28, 2021 at 3:35 PM
I really like how the Outer Wall looks with the greyish, purplish, and blueish colors of tilesets blended with the background of the night sky.
I like this tileset as well. I don't know where you can see a purple tint though.

May 28, 2021 at 11:28 PM
Based Member
My favorite color palette is probably the Mimiga Village one (PrtMimi) and the Balcony (PrtWhite), which has a lot of the same tiles as the Mimiga Village. I like the texture of the rocks and terrain, it has a very rugged, organic, welcoming feel to it.

Jun 1, 2021 at 11:19 PM
It Really Do Be Like That Sometimes
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I've always found grasstown to look really nice. The blues and greens go well with eachother

Jun 2, 2021 at 12:10 AM
Based Member
I've always found grasstown to look really nice. The blues and greens go well with eachother
My thoughts as well. I was thinking Grasstown next after Mimiga Village/Balcony.

Jun 2, 2021 at 7:11 AM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Plantation really hits different for some reason.
Sand zone as well.
Guess I'm a sucker for beige on green.

Jun 2, 2021 at 10:06 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
For me, the balcony comes to mind. It has a nice serene look to it, and its almost-sterile whites tile set give it a holy feel, and it serves as a small but great final area as you run up to the Tower; and alongside the music it helps cement your experience up to this point.

Jun 2, 2021 at 2:47 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
What little there is of PrtLabo looks pretty nice, but if we're going with actual tile sets I'd say either Outer Wall's (partly because of its thematic use) or PrtPens. I guess I'm just a sucker for small and aging industrial areas.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2021 at 4:01 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"

I'm gonna go with grasstown too, not just because of the blues & greens, but also because quote's red is complementary, and makes him stick out.

Nov 24, 2021 at 7:38 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Love the core chamber, the core itself and it's bright attacks contrast the chamber amazingly.

Nov 24, 2021 at 8:07 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I really like the Outer Wall and balcony palette, and I also really like Grasstown because it's so different from what people imagine a cave to be, and the livelier look makes it more interesting.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2021 at 1:02 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Bit late but I've never particularly considered them in terms of pure colours before. They're all distinctly appealing in their own way (Grasstown always brings good vibes) but for this I might have to go with Last Cave. The slightly deeper shade of blue with bright red mixed in on a fully dark background is one of the strongest contrasts in the game, and really helps build the perception that things are seriously starting to ramp up.

Nov 25, 2021 at 1:22 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Eh. Never really gave it much thought 'til recently.

There's PrtOside (Outer Wall), which looks beautiful. It's probably the closest colour palette to my favourite colour (sky blue) in any of the vanilla-CS tilesets.
(For that reason, bkMoon is my favourite background.)

Then there's PrtHell (Sacred Grounds). I guess I just like the use of red and orange-y colours there.

Nov 27, 2021 at 11:48 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
My favorite CS-related palette is the beta White tileset. The final White tileset's palette is pretty good too.

Dec 2, 2021 at 5:20 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
I would say Last Cave.
It is simple.
Danger=red

Dec 2, 2021 at 10:12 PM
"Huzzah!"
I'd say Outer Wall.
It's kinda basic, but I really like the background combined with the tileset colors.
It's all very relaxing.