My Cave Story Sequels/Prequels

Dec 11, 2007 at 6:17 AM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Kageryushin said:
I’ve witnessed you entering a Topic solely for the purpose of chastising someone for using the term “game” instead of “Mod” even though what he meant was very clear.

It's stated everywhere in my thread, that it's only a mod, there are many people who made mods as "sequels" and "prequels" they just didn't name their mod "Cave Story 2" or 3 or 4 or whatever.

Calling your mod a game is a different thing, aslong as people see that my mod is "only a mod" noone should think that it is a official game.

Kageryushin said:
Actually, that's not entirely true. There's most definitely a chance. It's been said that with a fanbase as big as Cave Story's it's inevitable that something official will pop up eventually, but not anytime soon. Regardless of the fact that there isn‘t a genuine sequel in clear view at the moment, my point still stands.

Pixel said often enough, that there will not be a sequel.

andwhyisit said:
I was correcting people who said "her" with "him" until Befekel posted this in your own thread:
http://www.cavestory.org/forums/posts/7727/

You could have diffused the situation long ago. Congrats, everyone thinks you're a female because you didn't correct them.

The first time I saw this, was when I was visiting my gf on holiday (tadashi is actually her brother), I just forget about it then I saw that "gender" thread and I was posting there.

If you really want, to call me "her" or "she" go with it. But if someone says I'm faking my gender, just because you guys are too lazy, I'll get somekinda angry :D

Dec 11, 2007 at 3:03 PM
Hoxtilicious
jcys810 said:
She is a transveti-*Shot*

Could you stop posting things like that? It's terrible enough that people think I faked my gender :/

Dec 11, 2007 at 3:13 PM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Okay, fine. Sorry.

Dec 11, 2007 at 8:42 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
S. P. Gardebiter said:
It's stated everywhere in my thread, that it's only a mod, there are many people who made mods as "sequels" and "prequels" they just didn't name their mod "Cave Story 2" or 3 or 4 or whatever.

Calling your mod a game is a different thing, aslong as people see that my mod is "only a mod" noone should think that it is a official game.

It’s stated often, but not explicitly by you on the opening Post. So you except my point that people just didn't name them "Cave Story 2" or something similar? Really, don't you think that there's a general reason why they didn't if they're unofficial sequels? It just isn't kosher for you to name them like that. It's much easier to mistake a game titled as a numerical sequel then it is to make the same mistake with a subtitled one.

No one directly called their own Mod a game, one of the people who liked it did, and you suddenly burst into the Topic for no other reason then to criticize him for using the term by mistake, even though what he meant was obvious. You're arguing almost the exact same thing, therefore making you a hypocrite. Have fun lacking credibility.

Pixel said often enough, that there will not be a sequel.

HAHAHAHA.

Common sense, please. BTW, that's what Shinji Mikami and Hideo Kojima said.

Dec 11, 2007 at 9:20 PM
Hoxtilicious
Kageryushin said:
It’s stated often, but not explicitly by you on the opening Post.

O'rly?
You must be kinda blind then:

S. P. Gardebiter said:
Well, I don't update Cave Story "2" anymore before my new mod has finished (Maybe I will but I don't think)

S. P. Gardebiter said:
So Here's my MOD: The Crowned Witch

S. P. Gardebiter said:
You helped me with my mod

b.t.w. for the sequel thing:

S. P. Gardebiter said:
I'am going to make a MOD, that could be a Sequel to Pixel's Cave Story... :D

All 4 are opening posts.

Kageryushin said:
No one directly called their own Mod a game, one of the people who liked it did, and you suddenly burst into the Topic for no other reason then to criticize him for using the term by mistake, even though what he meant was obvious.

Sorry, if I may sounded harsh, but you also burst into topics, to tell people that they sucks because their writing sucks.

Also I credited Pixel for making the game atleast 2 times.

Kageryushin said:
You're arguing almost the exact same thing, therefore making you a hypocrite. Have fun lacking credibility.

You done nothing, except just as stated above, calling a member stupid because of the way he types and you seem kinda arrogant too, like the way you introduced you :o Have fun powering your ego.

LOLOLOL Yeah, I forget about the hypocrite thing most of the time.

Kageryushin said:
HAHAHAHA.

Common sense, please. BTW, that's what Shinji Mikami and Hideo Kojima said.

Umm, I don't care? Shinji Mikami and Hideo Kojima aren't pixel I guess?

Dec 11, 2007 at 9:58 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
Sorry, if I may sounded harsh, but you also burst into topics, to tell people that they sucks because their writing sucks.
nah just mine ;D

Dec 11, 2007 at 10:08 PM
Hoxtilicious
xristosx said:
nah just mine ;D

Yep but keep your writingstyle, everyone has the right, to write how he/she wants. :o

Dec 11, 2007 at 11:29 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
S. P. Gardebiter said:
Yep but keep your writingstyle, everyone has the right, to write how he/she wants. :D
Please don't do the stupid thing and bring this argument up again, let it die and lets move on. He is entitled to his views as are you, if you want to argue about it then do it on PM.

I really thought you would have known better. :o

The same goes to the rest of you.

Dec 11, 2007 at 11:46 PM
Hoxtilicious
andwhyisit said:
Please don't do the stupid thing and bring this argument up again, let it die and lets move on. He is entitled to his views as are you, if you want to argue about it then do it on PM.

Actually the forum rules say that xristosx can write as he want and that no member has the right to insult him.

andwhyisit said:
I really thought you would have known better. :o

The same goes to the rest of you.

Sorry, but the way he acts is kind of unacceptable.

Dec 12, 2007 at 12:00 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
S. P. Gardebiter said:
Actually the forum rules say that xristosx can write as he want and that no member has the right to insult him.

Sorry, but the way he acts is kind of unacceptable.
As I said, PM. The "Objection!" thread was closed because of this and I'd rather it didn't happen again. Create a flaming thread if you want but don't bring that crap over here.

Dec 12, 2007 at 5:16 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
FU@#
wth?

Just shut up D:

Btw yeah I don't really like Kageryushin ._.

Dec 12, 2007 at 12:39 PM
Hoxtilicious
andwhyisit said:
Create a flaming thread if you want but don't bring that crap over here.

The thing is, people never forget things happened in the past it seems, they will leave forums if they are pissed out or stop posting, rather than giving it a rest. I know what I'm talking about.

I only found it rather amusing that he said that I am the one who rushes actually into threads, he also called me a hypocrite.

Now who's a hypocrite?

Dec 12, 2007 at 1:25 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Omg Please Stop It

Dec 12, 2007 at 1:54 PM
Hoxtilicious
Omg Please No Spam

Dec 12, 2007 at 9:52 PM
Metalogz said:
FU@#
wth?

Just shut up D:

LAWL.

It seems as though my evil scheme is succeeding! BWAHAHA.

Omg Please Stop It

Yes. Your above post is totally stopping it.

Dec 12, 2007 at 10:18 PM
Hoxtilicious
Sorry, but Kageryushin is right :p

Dec 13, 2007 at 12:20 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
S. P. Gardebiter said:
The thing is, people never forget things happened in the past it seems, they will leave forums if they are pissed out or stop posting, rather than giving it a rest. I know what I'm talking about.

I only found it rather amusing that he said that I am the one who rushes actually into threads, he also called me a hypocrite.

Now who's a hypocrite?
No need for several people to all say the same thing, as if it ever helped anyone. I was stopping at that post but Metalogz drove it a little too far.

I get along fine with Kageryushin any other day because I don't let an argument affect how I act around that person.

And I never called you a hypocrite, I just said that you should have known better since you have seen plenty of these to know what to avoid.

S. P. Gardebiter said:
Sorry, but Kageryushin is right :p
I know.

Metalogz said:
FU@#
wth?

Just shut up D:

As if that ever helped the situation.

This argument is only continuing for the sake of argument, SP gave Kageryushin his answer, lets get back on topic.

Back on topic:
What is the story behind the prequel mods?

Dec 13, 2007 at 3:18 AM
Yes, I have indeed completed my infantile endeavors. I've obtained the attention I so frivolously desired, although, I wish I could have derailed the Topic a little bit more. Oh well.

But you do see my motivation at times, no? I pick on things, sometimes miniscule, that may be perceived as negative. Of course, though abolishing these deficient traits is my primary incentive, and their dematerialization would over joy me and fill me with glee to no end, watching a Topic spiral into a chaotic swirl of hellfire is just as analogously amusing as the metaphor I stated above: it’s like watching a derailed train veer off its tracks and then viewing the subsequent cataclysmic crash.

Dec 13, 2007 at 4:35 AM
"Huzzah!"
I am convinced that Kager is either a crazy evil genius or perhaps just plain crazy. It's neat how such an "anarchist" personality can posess such convincing arguments and odd positions on things. No, he's no bad guy, but still, something's a bit unsettling about the way he laughs in the face of danger. Seems to remind me of those "anti-hero" types, who wind up 'accidentally' saving the day while fueling their own personal desires. Talk about interesting. :p

@Kager: To extend your train metaphor even further, let's imagine a second speeding train, rapidly approaching a track junction. One track leads away to the immortal forum "hall of fame", while the other one leads to a full-blown derailed crash into the inky void of oblivion. The train has only one passenger, you, and nobody knows which direction the train's gonna go. Cue Suspense.

I respect both sides of this phantom argument, and yet, this particular train mentioned above is not one I'd like to see crash. Funny how things work this way. Time will tell what the future will bring, but until then, I stand quietly at the junction, awaiting the fateful moment for the ages. I stand...