Movie script

Nov 10, 2007 at 2:11 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Roonil Wazlib said:
Even if Momorin found out which prison they were keeping Sue, it would only be by chance. You see, the establishment does not usually give out whereabouts of its most valuable treasures
Moromin would have been at Plantation while Sue was being locked away.. at Plantation! :D

Nov 10, 2007 at 3:57 PM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
andwhyisit said:
Moromin would have been at Plantation while Sue was being locked away.. at Plantation! :D
The island isn't as small as it is in the game. The Plantation is a huge, huge place. If the doctor would want to use mimigas against robots, it would be tons of them, and a whole load of flowers. Plantation can't be so small that one end is easily accessed by another within five seconds. Moreover, the prison has more mimigas, and therefore, would be guarded heavily. The Doctor knew that Momorin was running free, so I wouldn't rule out curfew by nightfall.

Nov 11, 2007 at 2:19 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Roonil Wazlib said:
The island isn't as small as it is in the game. The Plantation is a huge, huge place. If the doctor would want to use mimigas against robots, it would be tons of them, and a whole load of flowers. Plantation can't be so small that one end is easily accessed by another within five seconds. Moreover, the prison has more mimigas, and therefore, would be guarded heavily. The Doctor knew that Momorin was running free, so I wouldn't rule out curfew by nightfall.
But the doctor, balrog and misery cannot be everywhere at once, it's what gave Quote so much freedom and none of them knew that Moromin was hiding in plantation and it would be a stretch to have curfew or whatever when the doctor had only 2 other people to help, if the shovel brigade knew about Moromin they would have known about Quote, they were just told not to talk to humans, quote looks human even though he is a robot.

Nov 11, 2007 at 6:05 AM
Respwnt
andwhyisit said:
But the doctor, balrog and misery cannot be everywhere at once, it's what gave Quote so much freedom and none of them knew that Moromin was hiding in plantation and it would be a stretch to have curfew or whatever when the doctor had only 2 other people to help, if the shovel brigade knew about Moromin they would have known about Quote, they were just told not to talk to humans, quote looks human even though he is a robot.
All that is purely for gameplay. If you were the Doctor, would you tell your mimigas not to talk to humans or would you tell them to report to someone like Balrog?

Nov 11, 2007 at 12:01 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Roonil Wazlib said:
All that is purely for gameplay. If you were the Doctor, would you tell your mimigas not to talk to humans or would you tell them to report to someone like Balrog?
The Doctor wouldn't bother to involve himself too much with the shovel brigade until it became time to use them for weapons to start a war. The doctor wouldn't trust anyone but Balrog and Misery because they have no choice about the matter.

Nov 11, 2007 at 4:35 PM
Respwnt
andwhyisit said:
The Doctor wouldn't bother to involve himself too much with the shovel brigade until it became time to use them for weapons to start a war. The doctor wouldn't trust anyone but Balrog and Misery because they have no choice about the matter.
Point taken. Atravir has the final say on this.

Nov 11, 2007 at 5:24 PM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I'm baaaaaaaack! :D

Interesting discussion. The only way I can think of that Sue tells Momorin about Quote is that, assuming Momorin has a computer, Sue figures out where She is and contacts her with that. Otherwise this might just be subject to the fact that it's a video game, and the story isn't flawless.

Question though, when Andwhyisit posted this:
Evan 11/07-08:45

I too would like to see a playable beta. Just to see how you developed the game =)
I don't believe I've ever posted on Pixel's BBS, an I know I did not post that.
Darn evil clones.

Nov 11, 2007 at 5:54 PM
Respwnt
Oh, never thought about chat! Also, how do you plan to explain the rising-falling water level in the Core fight? (You did mention the fight's gonna be underwater somewhere before, if I recall right)

Nov 12, 2007 at 2:32 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
On that subject, have you begun on the script again because you said you were starting up again sometime in November:
Atravir said:
It's extremely tedious to write a novelization of something, since it greatly limits one's boundaries. It's even more tedious to write a novelization of a game since there's no straightforward plot to go by, and even more tedious to write a novelization of a game in the form of a script because it not only must fit within a specified time limit, but also it almost completely binds the writer to one specific plot line, as so to please the most fans. The only thing I really get to write are the descriptions, and a few minor plot adaptations. So I'm going somewhat slow at it. And having FF7 doesn't help. :D

As a note, marching band ends the second week of November, so after that I will have free time out the wazoo. And that means more writing.
question mark

Nov 12, 2007 at 3:04 AM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Yes I'm starting writing again, and it will soon pick up speed. I have four days of homework to catch up on and an Eagle project to fund (and like a trillion other things I haven't been able to work on in the last few months), but I am working on the script. Do I get cake now? :D

Nov 12, 2007 at 3:15 AM
Respwnt
Atravir said:
Yes I'm starting writing again, and it will soon pick up speed. I have four days of homework to catch up on and an Eagle project to fund (and like a trillion other things I haven't been able to work on in the last few months), but I am working on the script. Do I get cake now? :D
If you pay for the shipment :p :p

Nov 12, 2007 at 3:26 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Atravir said:
I actually never made the Balcake because I either forget or don't have the time. I will finish that cake one day, you can have a set of instructions on how to make it or I can give you the second one I make sometime in March 2008. :p

Actually make that May 2008 because Crisis Core comes out March 2008 which will occupy most of my time. :p

I'll try to make a Balcake this weekend, hows that? Remind me, ok.

Nov 12, 2007 at 6:45 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
andwhyisit said:
I'll try to make a Balcake this weekend, hows that? Remind me, ok.

:D

Roonil Wazlib said:
Oh, never thought about chat! Also, how do you plan to explain the rising-falling water level in the Core fight? (You did mention the fight's gonna be underwater somewhere before, if I recall right)

maybe the effect of the core flying effects the gravity making the water rise and fall, like when the moons close to the earth the ocean has tides

Nov 12, 2007 at 4:05 PM
Respwnt
Here's my wannabe cast -

That "who am I?" guy

Orthodox people know Quote as
Curly Brace

Lucky that King died before he returned
Sue Sakamoto

The nut that cracks passwords
Kazuma Sakamoto

The nut that makes passwords
Momorin Sakamoto

"It's a meteor!" "It's a rocket!" "No, it's-"
Professor Booster!

White hair and all, and still too young to die
Itoh

Wannabe Pole Star
Tetsuzou

The-
King!

The Ripper
Jack

Mr. Sparkle
Kanpachi

*Chomp Chomp! BURRRP!*
Mahin

"Old MacDonald had a farm, WTF WTF
, O!"
Sandaime

Green Gobbling
Cthulthu

Peabrain
Igor

Lost it on the way
Santa

Enjoys donating lipsticks
Chaco

Blows up his tea-party
Malco

Blackmails people to find stuff
Jenka

King-
Arthur

K, and not M
The Korons

Guardian of the mystic panties
Hajime

Loves hidden chests
Mick

ZTaimat was inspired by
Shinobu

"Catch me if you can!"
Kakeru

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
Nene

"One day when I'm big and strong..."
Toroko

Sells stuff for free
Chaba

Where's that midget?
Dr. Gero

Something's cookin'
Nurse Hasumi

"Cut the racism!"
Pooh Black

"Meow!"
Monster X

The hard-
Core

XristosX doesn't use :D as much as-
The Sisters

Kazuma takes all the credit
Sukai

"Hey! Watch where you're stepping!"
The Littles

Reserved for SP
Chie

"My glasses!"
Zett

Despises conspiracies against sprinklers
Megane

"I wanna be a Doctor!"
The Shovel Brigade

No more mushroom business
Ma Pignon

A tree that can talk, "..."
Numahachi

Gives CR7 winking lessons
Heavy Press

Needs to deflate his head
Ballos

Teenage Mutant Ninja Toaster
Balrog

The "Witch" who behaves more like a similar sounding word
Misery

That moron
The Doctor

Nov 13, 2007 at 4:28 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Roonil Wazlib said:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Toaster
Balrog

Balrog. Isn't. A. Toa. Ster. He's a robot. Teenage Mutant Ninja Cyborg.

Nov 13, 2007 at 5:30 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
QuoteKicksAss said:
Balrog. Isn't. A. Toa. Ster. He's a robot. Teenage Mutant Ninja Cyborg.

TMNC Teenage Mutant Ninja Cyborg

TSNC Teenage Square Ninja Cyborg

TSNR Teenage Square Ninja Robot

ASNR Adult Square Ninja Robot

SSNR Square-shaped Ninja Robot

SSR Square-shaped Robot

SSRWM Square-shaped Robot with Missiles!

HSSRWM Happy Square-shaped Robot with Missiles!

HUZZAH! Balrog. :D

Nov 13, 2007 at 6:59 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Roonil Wazlib said:
:D :D ? Of course he aint a toaster. Didja think Chaco REALLY made a business out of donating lipsticks :D ?
If you think Chaco was bad, think about what the Cthulthu at plantation said after Curly got her memory back.

Roonil Wazlib said:
Likes to donate lipsticks
Chaco
Interesting way to put it. :D

Nov 13, 2007 at 7:05 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
andwhyisit said:
If you think Chaco was bad, think about what the Cthulthu at plantation said after Curly got her memory back.

Interesting way to put it. :D

he liked her better when she had no memory?