Mods general discussion

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:12 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
This thread is for all discussion of the dead mods in the Mod/Hack Showcase.

Are you stuck on somebody's puzzle? Ask for help!
Did the story warm your heart and cure your leprosy? Tell everyone!

Our expert team is prepared to answer each and every question about any and all mods. Let this be a place where mods may live on in our hearts, even if their creators have moved on.

Furthermore, if you find a mod where the link doesn't work, we'd kindly ask that you let us know in our Quick Guide to the Mods Section!

Aug 17, 2011 at 2:30 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
The update search has begun, starting with the most distant and ancient page of the mod showcase. Four mods are properly featured on page 13; two of them are already on the big list, and I'll probably add another in when I'm done. All of those three also have multiple threads for each update, because the site was so small back then it didn't make a difference >_>

So, time for some history! If you're already familiar with these mods then I may be treading old ground, but a riveting tale is always good fun. Sitting right at the bottom is the first of several threads for caveoholic!'s old mod, which featured a western Outer Wall, Canada, and a trippy-as-hell Hell edit. The level structure isn't the greatest, but there's some decent content (although IIRC there's a gap in what was edited between when you return to the island and the end) and a touch of amusing dialogue.

Next up is Fjord's Advjenture, the original cheesy CS spoof mod! This is the first one I played through to re-familiarise myself with. Fjord is a robot knight from the ksurface, and unfortunately he doesn't really have very much extra dialogue, but like any good joke mod there are "toaster" rips, in addition to a mini-reference to possibly the best flash movie ever made. Beyond that, there's a lot of red, and one of the very first Org edits if you reach the Sand Zone (which is also where the mod ends). The game also crashes in some places, so don't die and don't save until you reach Migma Village <_<

I hadn't actually tried the mini-hack until now, or if I did I couldn't remember it. More notable is that it was made by Kapow, who did a lot of the initial CS modding documentation, providing some valuable guides that people still use today. The original download for the hack even works, what a champ :mrgreen:

Lastly there's CS Modded.
It's glitchy and unpolished as heck, but there was some promise shown in the area designs.
The maker actually showed up a while ago with the intention of continuing it in this thread, and got soooo cloooose to posting some new content before he disappeared again ;-;
That thread also reminded me that I used to post one line at a time, which I had completely forgotten.
Much like I'm doing now.
I can't even remember if I had an avatar then, if so it would have been my first one.
Jeffrey also started possibly the first attempt at a community mod, setting a precedent for success matched by every other to this very day!
He also has nothing to do with me calling Mr Fist Jeffrey, that was actually more a reference to the character from Coupling.
The more you don't care about!

All of these are now fully accounted for in the master list I posted. I don't know if I'll go this in-depth every time I make an update post, really I just felt like doing it. After I hit the start of 2009 there probably won't be much point anyway. I'll most likely do a little bit every few days, and so the whole shebang will probably take maybe 2-4 months, depending on how many gaps in my knowledge I need to fill >_> It'll be hella worth it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 17, 2011 at 4:55 PM
Been here way too long...
So you're going by order last posted in? Thas silly.
If you were going by order created, you'd be missing two of the oldest.

Weel I guess it's easier to keep track of stuff yer way.

Aug 27, 2011 at 11:52 PM
Re: Kate Story!

Aug 28, 2011 at 12:11 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever

Captain Fabulous said:

OH MY GOD HAVE MY BABIES

sadly, you missed the secret entrance up and to the right of the bookcase, so :3c
Blocks that say FRI aren't solid, you can always pass through them.

Aug 28, 2011 at 12:31 AM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"

Best. Mod. Ever.

Aug 28, 2011 at 2:03 AM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Aug 28, 2011 at 2:18 AM

No, that's my girlfriend.

Aug 28, 2011 at 2:20 AM
LSD
"..."

Captain Fabulous said:
No, that's my girlfriend.

Oh, glad we cleared that up.

ANYWAY.
Great mod.

Aug 28, 2011 at 5:56 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"

I love fab's wit.

Aug 28, 2011 at 8:37 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
This thread is a good idea, and hope it will reduce bumping. Although maybe it needs a more exact name like "Questions about mods? Ask here", "Don't post at old threads! Post here" or similar. Precisely because this thread is dedicated for careless people (careless to check the date of the last post) so the name of it should just "SHOUT" and beg for their -little- attention. Else they might just think "Oh, i guess "Mods General Discussion" is about some general modding stuff. On the other hand I have a specific question: "Will you Metalogz still work on Magic mod?" so I post it there :p" j/k lol

Aug 28, 2011 at 9:27 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
trickybilly said:
Although maybe it needs a more exact name like "Questions about mods? Ask here", "Don't post at old threads! Post here" or similar. Precisely because this thread is dedicated for careless people (careless to check the date of the last post) so the name of it should just "SHOUT" and beg for their -little- attention.

Yes, trickybilly brings a good point. The people who are most likely to necropost in unnecessary ways also are the ones most likely to ignore the names of the stickies and such.

Aug 29, 2011 at 3:14 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
We haven't really had a problem with that since this thread was made (even though nobody has really been using it) so I'm hoping it will stay that way >_>

Aug 29, 2011 at 9:19 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Re: - Demo 1.0

EDIT BY GIRakaCHEEZER: This is in regards to Schism.

I'm still stuck inside the mansion... If someone could help...?

I don't know if this thread is too old or what...? XD

Aug 30, 2011 at 2:18 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever

joshworx said:
I'm still stuck inside the mansion... If someone could help...?

I don't know if this thread is too old or what...? XD

._.

joshworx said:
this thread is too old or what

Aug 30, 2011 at 2:22 AM
Aug 30, 2011 at 8:26 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"

He posted in the original thread cultr1 that explains everything.

Aug 30, 2011 at 10:54 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
To actually be helpful: I don't quite remember a "mansion". Do you mean the hideout? The only place I can think of where someone could get stuck there is the part where you have to

Hidden text highlight (or click) to view:

jump across the chandeliers.

Aug 30, 2011 at 10:21 PM
The key says "Mansion Key" and I'm already past it now... Now I need an update, like all the rest of us.