Minimum items

Apr 14, 2008 at 7:36 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
i have noticed on youtube that all the minimum item runs have the sword, is it possible not to get the sword, isnt possible not to pick it up and just keep going?

Pangas

Apr 14, 2008 at 8:48 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
also does it count as minimum items if you trade the fire ball and the polar star for the snake, i mean, it means you only have 2 weapons instead of 3 at the end

Apr 14, 2008 at 9:47 AM
Slacker
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I wouldn't because the snake is not necessary to complete the game, and you're not forced to get it.

Apr 14, 2008 at 10:10 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
oh, does minimum items mean only items you have to get not the least amount of items possible, the name is decieving :p

Apr 14, 2008 at 10:21 AM
Slacker
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Well since you're getting an item extra, that isn't minimum is it? =x

At least to me, even if you're lowering how many weapons you have, it doesn't matter if you're grabbing a new weapon that wasn't necessary. If it was you could end up with Snake/Nemesis as your end weapons which is not minimum items to me.

Apr 14, 2008 at 3:22 PM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Another question: Since you can't skippe teh boostar, don't it make sense that if you're playing the easy ending (doing a challenge which doesn't require you to go the hard route), the Booster 0.8 is a permitted item, and v2.0 should be allowed only if you're doing a challenge that's available exclusively in the hard path?

Did that make sense >.>

Apr 14, 2008 at 8:03 PM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
Pshaw. Booster 0.8 is like a gateway drug. Once you've used 2.0, you never want to go back.

Apr 16, 2008 at 1:33 AM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Actually, I'm going to have to disagree. If I recall correctly, found it easier to get to the Littles' house with Booster v0.8. (I think that was without the machinegun at level 3...) For pretty much everything else, however, the v2.0 is far better.

Apr 16, 2008 at 3:14 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Nah, it's an easy way in, but damn-ass hard way out with v0.8. But most people who have v0.8 would have machinegun, right?

Apr 16, 2008 at 10:57 AM
Respwnt
Celtic Minstrel said:
Actually, I'm going to have to disagree. If I recall correctly, found it easier to get to the Littles' house with Booster v0.8. (I think that was without the machinegun at level 3...) For pretty much everything else, however, the v2.0 is far better.
Nope, I found it way easier with teh big Booster.

Apr 18, 2008 at 1:46 AM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
freezit4 said:
Nah, it's an easy way in, but damn-ass hard way out with v0.8.
Agreed. You're prone to hitting your head on the underside of the ledge rather than actually getting above the ledge so you can land there.
freezit4 said:
But most people who have v0.8 would have machinegun, right?
Likely. But merely having it is not sufficient. It needs to be at level 3.
Roonil Wazlib said:
Nope, I found it way easier with teh big Booster.
The trouble spot is the hole in the ledge half-way through. If you have Booster v0.8, you can simply push Z, and you're safe. If you have Booster v2.0, you need to be careful of the direction you boost in.

Apr 18, 2008 at 7:49 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Actually, leveling up shouldn't really be a problem right? Especially the Outer Wall with lotsa stuff flying aruond and gives kinda decent xp..

Apr 18, 2008 at 8:25 AM
Respwnt
Celtic Minstrel said:
Agreed. You're prone to hitting your head on the underside of the ledge rather than actually getting above the ledge so you can land there.Likely. But merely having it is not sufficient. It needs to be at level 3.The trouble spot is the hole in the ledge half-way through. If you have Booster v0.8, you can simply push Z, and you're safe. If you have Booster v2.0, you need to be careful of the direction you boost in.
Keep tapping Z while holding the left arrow key. That way you boost the fraction you leave the ledge and essentially move horizontally and land neatly on the opposite ledeg. This trick is used very often in Sacred Grounds B1 to save time.

Apr 18, 2008 at 9:22 PM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
freezit4 said:
Actually, leveling up shouldn't really be a problem right? Especially the Outer Wall with lotsa stuff flying aruond and gives kinda decent xp..
... but which can be annoying to kill and collect the experience due to the gravity.

Apr 19, 2008 at 3:44 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
-_- you just need to be close to the wall.....

Apr 19, 2008 at 6:06 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
...pardon?

Apr 20, 2008 at 1:04 AM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
freezit4 said:
-_- you just need to be close to the wall.....
Eh, easier said than done on some parts of the level. In general sideways gravity is just a bit hard to get used to, specially the first time and specially with the darned hoppys...

Love the outer wall music though...

EC2 is certainly full of experience...