Matt Story

Feb 6, 2012 at 1:47 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
At least DualHack is better at modding than his borther.

My brother won't under stand this (its knida funny):

<PRI<MSGTure or false:<NOD<CLRAt least DualHack is better at modding than his <NOD<YNJ0001<MS3Good :D<NOD<END

Feb 6, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
If you do actually make a mod, I hope you get an editor or something since your spelling and grammar is atrocious.

DualHack said:
At least DualHack is better at modding than his borther.
My brother won't under stand this (its knida funny):
<PRI<MSGTure or false:<NOD<CLRAt least DualHack is better at modding than his___?<NOD<YNJ0001<MS3Good :D<NOD<END
Why did you forget to finish that sentence also? Do you read your posts before you hit the "Reply" button?

Feb 6, 2012 at 8:54 PM
Based Member
Who is DualHack's brother? Is it hate9?

Feb 6, 2012 at 8:55 PM
Professional Whatever
TheMimigaZAK. Although they all could be siblings.

Feb 6, 2012 at 9:05 PM
Based Member
Ah, I did see some similarity between the way they typed, yes. Guess he was banned pretty quickly.

Feb 7, 2012 at 8:50 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Ah, I did see some similarity between the way they typed, yes. Guess he was banned pretty quickly.

Hm. So EVERYTHING betewen me and my bro is alike.

Feb 7, 2012 at 8:56 PM
Professional Whatever
You're thinking of it backwards: we don't think you're exactly alike because you're brothers, because you act very similarly you seem like brothers.

Feb 11, 2012 at 12:33 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
EDIT: Put the 0.6 version above the picture please. If you read this before I updated this with the 0.6 content just ignore it.
Actually, most of it still applies. If anything the list got bigger.

-At the starting point there are three entities at the statue, one running the starting even for the map placed right on top of an empty entity and the correct entity next to it. Remove the first two (You don't need an entity to run the start event) and replace them with a copy of the final entity. That way the statue script will run whether you press down on the right side or on the left side of the statue.

-You can't get past the first room of Matt's house since the #0210 event is at the top. The events should be numbered from the lowest at the top to the highest at the bottom or they won't work properly. Interacting with Matt's mother, Matt's sister and the door produces some text instead of doing what it is supposed to do.
Fixed

-There is no way to leave Matt's house when you've entered it. Also, there is no transition when entering the house.

-The coordinates for the door leading into Matt's room aren't right. They transport you to somewhere below the floor. The coordinates should be 5,12
Fixed

-There is no door going out of Matt's room.

-The sparkling item doesn't have the x2000 flag set to make the script for it run when you press down. There is no way to run the script right now.
Fixed

-The event itself moves you to map 0, or the null room. I don't think that's what it's supposed to do.
Fixed

-Again for the same event, you don't actually get the bubbler.

-The game doesn't pause when you get to the dream map so balrog has the time to hit you before the text disappears. Use <PRI instead of <KEY

-The sprites for Balrog are incredibly glitched up. I suggest you divide the map into several maps so you can make all of the bosses work correctly.

-When you use the doors to get to the next part of the dream map you may spawn inside of the boss or it's attack. You could use flags that'd be set as soon as you enter the door to make them appear so you wouldn't run into them.

-There is no way to progress past the wide room with the spikes at the bottom as of yet.

If you fix all of the above and all of the other bugs mentioned by others we can go and review your mod again.

Feb 18, 2012 at 7:26 PM
New Version in first post!!!

Feb 19, 2012 at 10:12 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Okay, I picked up the new version for review bug listing

-The statue at the start still hasn't been fixed. You have to press down on the right side of the statue, if you press down on the left side it'll run the starting event for the map. I can imagine people getting stuck there so you should fix that.
-Half of the door in the first map is missing. Change the 'nothing' entity there to a 'door' entity to make sure the entire door is there.
-When I try to go back through that door I end up in a completely different area, and upon leaving that one a different one again, after which I can't return. If you want to have more area's link up to a single place either make more doors or use a teleporter.
EDIT: Okay, looks like that's only supposed to happen when you have the booster 2.0, but because you didn't put the events in numerical order AKA 0999 above 0413 it doesn't work properly.
-When the transition to Matt's house from the Sun Zone is happening I can move around before the FAI has ended.
-Matt's sister does nothing.
-When I go into Matt's room and go back again I end up at the place Matt's sister is standing instead of at the door.
-You still don't get the bubbler when entering the dream.
-When leaving the dream something appears on the top left corner of the map. I can't see what it is but it looks like it isn't supposed to be there.
-Shouldn't Matt be healed when he leaves the dream? It seems illogical to me that he keeps the damage, but then again, that may be part of your story.
-If you leave and re-enter Matt's room you can redo the entire dream sequence. Set a flag that makes sure the sparkling item stays gone when you leave and re-enter the room.
-There's a random cave background block in the school map.
-You can fall off the Dream map and the Random Map You Get Transported To After School
-The water in the After School map only has the texture for the top of the water at a single place. Either place that everywhere or place it nowhere but at least be consistent.
-Please, fix Misery's text 'someone else is in her'... It sounds really inappropriate.
-A lot of text and spelling errors, FAI and FAO mistakes and missing <PRI and <KEY commands

Mar 3, 2012 at 11:51 PM
LSD
"..."
Alright-
One- Why did you mod Etheria?! Mod Cave Story! Don't mod other mods! This just annoyed me a lot.
Two- The maps are just... no. I mean, half of the Eye Blocks? That doesn't look good. The maps just look simple and put together quite quickly. Please put a bit more effort into them.
Three- It got better from 0.7 to 0.6, (Why did you go backwards?) but can you please revise and look over your grammar? It's not very good IMO.
Four- Bubbler is misspelled
Five- In the first 'dream,' you get attacked my Balrog BEFORE the text ends! Atleast have it as a <PRI so we can read without having most of our HP taken. Plus, you don't even have the right NPC Tileset!

There is so many other things I can say, but I'm just going to say test your game before you upload it, please.

Apr 2, 2012 at 10:28 PM
Oh guys i forgot to say this and youll all be SOOOOOOOOOOOO mad about this that i didnt tell you this befor. the glitches are apart of my game.

(bump sry)