MALCO's Easter Hunt (April fools)

Apr 1, 2018 at 10:39 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
UPDATE:This mod is an "Easter fools" joke, lol.

Hello everybody! I'm new here, but I have finally finished my Easter mod!
This is my first mod so feedback would be appreciated.

This is a story about MALCO on Easter island of the Critter kingdom, home of the Critter king.
The Easter eggs have been scattered by the Critter king, and now MALCO must go on a Easter hunt to find all the Easter eggs, or else Easter will be ruined for everyone!

Features:
New and redesigned weapons and items! (Keep an eye open, or you might miss some!)
Custom music!
New Characters!
Alternate Endings!

p363540-0-jj9csej.png

Download Version 1

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2018 at 11:59 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I feel like this is miniscule, but in the walking and jumping left frames (The top set of frames in the MyChar file), the antenna from MALCO's head in the second set is visible, showing up as a grey dot. How exactly did you miss out on this whilst playtesting? It's so noticeable, i saw it whilst jumping over to the door in the first room of the game. Also, this may seem as a nitpick, but the walk cycle is a bit off, as MALCO's head moves with the rest of his body (This is also the reason the dot appears). It's really not that hard to fix, as i easily fixed it in about three minutes, simply just using the Select tool in MS paint.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2018 at 12:19 AM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Alrighty I haven't seen an Easter mod in a while (ever) so let's get right in.

- The text is very hard to read
- Not gonna like when I started playing around (crouching, looking up) these sprites made me laugh out loud. I actually kinda like this.
- The other sprites like the hp bar and the egg are actually really nice.
- This org in beta house is kinda eh. Could use some work.
- Wood broomstick was mean : (
- Critter king looks lazily done...

It's an OK mod! I think it'd be a lot better if you put a little more work into it though.

Apr 2, 2018 at 6:26 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Sorry,
I'm not really sure what I would say for a review,
:droll:
lol, weird but still intentionally buggy fun. Then again, who doesn't like playing as MALCO??
btw Is it possible to beat CK the second time? Timing shots between bubbles was too painful, so I quit lol

Apr 2, 2018 at 7:15 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Nah, I intentionally picked a boss that should be impossible at that point. There isn't anything after beating it other than some text and force saving you in that room.
Anyways, thanks for playing!