• SeasonsofDestiny - "Introspection"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • X-Calibar - "Cursed Lands"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Feb 27, 2018 at 9:59 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Do you want to join me and Miccs as the remaining two judges we need for this contest? Or do you not want to enter the contest but be involved with the contest anyway?
Judging applications are now open! They are due by the end of the week at March 4th, and the chosen judges will be announced the following day!

All you need to do is download this mod, play it, write up your scores and evaluations, and submit them to either Serri or Miccs through forum DMs or through Discord DMs.

Once we've chosen our remaining two judges, one fallback for this is that they won't be entering a level for the contest, so the contest can go as nonbiased as possible, but we do have a couple nice plans we'd like for the judges to be involved in, so if you're interested, go and have a swing at it!

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2018 at 7:48 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Reminder: There are 3 days remaining for the judge applications to be open! We hope we get our two people wanting to be contest judges!

Mar 9, 2018 at 1:06 AM
War criminal
I apologize for the long wait, but the contest has officially begun!

The deadline for the contest will be next month, on April 8, 2018 11:59 MST (UTC-7)
Here is the download for the devkit: https://files.catbox.moe/0rv12p.zip

This devkit will be updated to fix some stuff and TSC in the hubrooms (especially since I've been preparing up this mod for 4 hours now and this is giving me a headache).

Here the rules again, if anyone has forgotten:
1. You can use any graphic or music assets for this contest! Any custom org can be used! Don't forget to give credit, if desired.

2. Any direct collaboration on the level design or TSC, or any ASM/npc.tbl edits not provided by the devkit, will NOT be permitted. This is a contest to test your own level making skills, and if you have friends who wish to participate with you, why not ask them to join individually?

3. The levels can be up to 4 maps long, and you can only use up to three facepics, should you use that option.

4. Any difficulty is okay, you can go from extremely easy to very difficult! Be cautious on how you'd like to increase your difficulty, however. The last thing we need is a contest full of kaizo style levels.

5. Beta testing among others is permitted, and while Rule 2 is in action, you are allowed to give feedback to the other participants. Please do not ask any of the judges to help test your level for you, as they'll be giving feedback after the contest ends anyway, and it'll be rather redundant for them to review them more than once.

Good luck, and have fun! And we'll be seeing your entries next month! Don't forget to join our contest discord server if you have not the chance! https://discord.gg/v2sDzJB

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2018 at 1:08 AM
Professional Whatever
yo do we know who our judges are

Mar 9, 2018 at 1:09 AM
War criminal
So far, it's only me and Miccs, the judging applications will end this Sunday.

Also, I fixed a part in the rules because goddamn it, the last thing we want is direct collaborations!
p362990-0-hyidgj.png

EDIT: I forgot to mention as well, if anybody wishes to be judge, you may NOT enter the contest, so we can prevent any bias in the level judging.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2018 at 1:31 AM
CSE Discord Admin
"Fresh from the Bakery"
If you're really desperate for judges you could allow them to make levels, just not judge their own level.

Mar 9, 2018 at 1:36 AM
War criminal
If you're really desperate for judges you could allow them to make levels, just not judge their own level.
This was discussed before, and it'd be too awkward if four levels will only get three ratings.

Also, I have a plan for the judges to build levels for the compiled mod post-contest, so having the judges enter the contest will be taboo, anyways.

Mar 9, 2018 at 1:44 AM
Eevee Enthusiast
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Kinda funny how the day I finally broke and started working on a smaller mod to pass the time is also the day the contest started. I'll probably be participating nonetheless, though now college work is once again on my mind.

Mar 9, 2018 at 1:48 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
ill be a judge
heres my application: "it's me"

Mar 9, 2018 at 2:08 AM
War criminal
ill be a judge
heres my application: "it's me"
Great! You're in!

Just evaluate the levels in this mod and dm your reviews to me or Miccs

Mar 9, 2018 at 2:12 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
cmon cant you show a little favouritism for your favourite forum moderator :chin:

Mar 9, 2018 at 2:33 AM
War criminal
I'll think about it

Mar 9, 2018 at 10:33 PM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
But that's favoritism Noxid, you gotta suffer and actually make an application like the rest of us!
If I do get to be a judge it'd be fun to take a small break from ACSS and make a level

Mar 9, 2018 at 11:17 PM
War criminal
But that's favoritism Noxid, you gotta suffer and actually make an application like the rest of us!
If I do get to be a judge it'd be fun to take a small break from ACSS and make a level
Now now, Noxid has done a lot as a modder, so that's why we're keeping him in mind.

Anyways, Devkit v1.1 is now available! https://files.catbox.moe/vkolfz.zip
This mod fixes some stuff and now includes the Weapons room for testing purposes.

Also, ignore the save signs that are in the hub room, that was for testing the <MIM command on Npcs 111, 112, and 150. If they bother you too much, you can delete them.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2018 at 12:33 AM
lol
I was testing out the devkit for fun and after I died in the weapon testing room via grenade launcher; after I re spawned in the start room, I could only move in place and I couldn't move horizontally; is this possibly a bug with dying or something related to the grenade launcher?

Mar 10, 2018 at 1:53 AM
War criminal
I was testing out the devkit for fun and after I died in the weapon testing room via grenade launcher; after I re spawned in the start room, I could only move in place and I couldn't move horizontally; is this possibly a bug with dying or something related to the grenade launcher?
Oh jeez, that may have something to do with the <PHY command. I'll fix that. Was that on the save point, by any chance?
So that's without saving, huh? Hmm...

Can I be a judge if I just submit this thread as my application instead https://www.cavestory.org/forums/threads/mod-tests-and-reviews.7094/
*sweats profusely* I'll think about it as well.

EDIT: New patch available for the devkit! Just be sure to insert the files in their respective folders https://files.catbox.moe/wctpae.zip
Fixes:
- Death Smoke for Smoke entity (NPC004) is now disabled in npc.tbl
- <PHY bug for respawning without a save point has been fixed!

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2018 at 2:10 AM
lol
Yeah I didn't save and got that result; do you think it's something major to worry about or just fix it quietly?

Mar 10, 2018 at 2:13 AM
War criminal
Already taken care of with this patch.
EDIT: New patch available for the devkit! Just be sure to insert the files in their respective folders https://files.catbox.moe/wctpae.zip
Fixes:
- Death Smoke for Smoke entity (NPC004) is now disabled in npc.tbl
- <PHY bug for respawning without a save point has been fixed!

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2018 at 9:35 PM
War criminal
New update for the Devkit is now available, hopefully this will be the last major update!
https://files.catbox.moe/imrvmv.zip

This is super important, too https://files.catbox.moe/f593yq.tbl
(just for the love of god, just rename it to npc)

This one contains some new TSC commands, the stuff from the patch for V1.1, and the important Energy Element that is needed to be collected and finish the level with! We're so sorry for making you guys update this mod a lot the past couple days.

EDIT: IT WORKS, NOW!

Last edited: