Machine Gun Jetpacks

Jan 24, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Curly-Brace said:
I mean without reloading. So that you could hold and shoot forever. And awwww.... I thought it would be epic if someone did a hell run by using the machine gun and no boosters.
That wouldn't be possible, seeing as how all your weapons drop to level one when you enter the Sacred Grounds, and the machine gun needs to be at level three in order to be a means of self-propulsion, and there are no energy capsules until after some required aerial maneuvers over instant death spikes. Although if you hacked the game to give the machine gun enough energy at the beginning to get it to level three, it MIGHT be possible.

Jan 24, 2013 at 12:05 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
HaydenStudios said:
That wouldn't be possible, seeing as how all your weapons drop to level one when you enter the Sacred Grounds, and the machine gun needs to be at level three in order to be a means of self-propulsion, and there are no energy capsules until after some required aerial maneuvers over instant death spikes. Although if you hacked the game to give the machine gun enough energy at the beginning to get it to level three, it MIGHT be possible.
That's what I'm trying to do in my Curly hack, I'd remove the weapon resetting part,
and so that the machine gun remains at whatever level it was before entering the cave.

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:48 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Curly-Brace said:
I mean without reloading. So that you could hold and shoot forever. And awwww.... I thought it would be epic if someone did a hell run by using the machine gun and no boosters.
This is Mission Control. Use ch34+.H4x whenever possible. Find the address that is most likely to have the number of bullets of your machine gun and lock its value.

But I think it would be great if someone does a switcheroo -- turning a Booster into something like a flamethrower, and using the machine gun for a jetpack.

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:55 AM
/end
Pretty sure it is possible to do a hell run with just the machine gun and limited ammo. If you can do a hell run with just the bubbler and the booster then machine gun booster should be possible.

Jan 25, 2013 at 8:39 AM
MetaSeraphim said:
Pretty sure it is possible to do a hell run with just the machine gun and limited ammo. If you can do a hell run with just the bubbler and the booster then machine gun booster should be possible.
I think it is possible to do the zig zag with unlimited ammo. Just turn the value of X in <AM+0004:XXXX to 0000, and TA-DA, Machine Gun Jetpack.

BTW, who thinks Jetpack Joyride is copying pixel's idea?

Jan 25, 2013 at 10:01 AM
/end
Not me. Wanting to use jetpacks to do awesome stuff existed before video games.

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Possible to do a Hell run with machine gun, if you managed to keep your machine gun at level 3.
I did an easy hack to remove the black wind, then I made the machine gun have unlimited ammo,
passed B1 easily, B2 was a pain, had to use other weapons here, or Machine Gun's level will drop,
B3 was too hard, because Machine Gun MUST be at level 3 in order to pass, and so many enemies are spawning.
Maybe it's because I suck at hell. I hacked to get 1000 health, turned into 58 when I beat Heavy Press.
Touched a few lot of the death traps in B3. I suck at this game. I barely passed Final Cave (Hidden),
and you'd have no idea how many times I got defeated by Red Demon...

Jan 28, 2013 at 1:17 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Dunc2403 said:
Pff you don't even need infinite ammo, you can effectively fly forever if you hold z and tap x.
What this guy said.
Just hold the jump key while shooting, and you get more boost.

Also, if you time it right (and have the machine-gun boost item thingy), then you reload faster than you fall.

You don't need infinite ammo because of the boosted reload speed.

Jan 28, 2013 at 2:36 AM
Tybis said:
What this guy said.
Just hold the jump key while shooting, and you get more boost.

Also, if you time it right (and have the machine-gun boost item thingy), then you reload faster than you fall.

You don't need infinite ammo because of the boosted reload speed.
I know it's possible like that, but I truly am not good at hell. By not good, I mean... well, very very bad. :(

Feb 1, 2013 at 12:39 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Back on the topic of the thread...
If the machine gun had the recoil of say, an AK47, Quote would quite literally need to be the weight of your average squirrel in order to use the recoil to fly...
Then again, it probably has a much greater recoil and gravity in the game is already pretty wonky.

Feb 1, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Little Bitch in Sheep Clothing
"..."
Jumping from the top of the Outer Walls, I think it's probable that Quote has less downward gravity than a squirrel.

Feb 1, 2013 at 5:52 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Moon said:
Jumping from the top of the Outer Walls, I think it's probable that Quote has less downward gravity than a squirrel.
So far, theory proven. Whee!

Feb 1, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
If you were to drop a robot and a squirrel from the same height, they would both hit the ground at the same time. Heavier objects do not fall faster.

Feb 1, 2013 at 6:51 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
But you're forgetting about a squirrel's innate anti-gravity field
In flying squirrels the organ that produces this is highly developed, allowing them to float for brief periods of time.

Feb 1, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
What am I reading O_O

Anyway, I don't think Quote is any flimsier than say, Sue. That being said, this is the world where Mr. Little has a Nemesis in his pocket, and can take the Blade from you. Just do a Quote and say : ???

My theory is that rather than being a superlight robot, the Machine Gun lvl 3 just has Massive Kickback. When a bullet is the size of Quote, and is fired in rapid succession, and Quote cannot secure himself on the ground; he tends to get pushed around.

Although why doesn't he get knocked to the left or right when firing in the air?
Maybe he has some sort of upright stablizing mechanism...

Gameplay mechanics != Cutscene/Reality mechanics?
(I.e. Balrog lands on you in cutscene, and Quote is pinned down and possibly knocked out.
Ballos BALL lands on you AND Curly from off screen and you are relatively OK.)

Feb 2, 2013 at 1:58 AM
Little Bitch in Sheep Clothing
"..."
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
If you were to drop a robot and a squirrel from the same height, they would both hit the ground at the same time. Heavier objects do not fall faster.
I'm judging how injured they would be, and I'm pretty sure a squirrel would turn into a red smear if it fell from the top.

Feb 7, 2013 at 6:49 PM
OKAY SO

Moon said:
We're not so much talking about downward gravity as we're talking about weight here... lighter objects would obviously fly faster and farther from a source of recoil.
LET'S LOOK AT SOME EXAMPLES
In order to find out if this was physically possible, we'd have to find out what the thrust to weight ratio of the machine gun is. But because we're only dealing with one machine gun, it's going to need to have a pretty rediculous thrust:weight. We're also going to need to figure out how many bullets the machine gun fires per second AND how much the bullets weigh [assuming they weigh anything at all].

Not to mention we're going to find out how much Quote weighs, which would also approximate how flimsy he is.

Mar 14, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Totally true, yet it would be harder for a heavier object to regain speed after the fall.