Low-Impact Secrets Thread

SKINNIE DIPPIN'?

• All the time!

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • I'd consider it!

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • No! No no no! No no no no no no no!

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • I'm OCD because I like arranging things by color.

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • I'd chuck your wood if you know what I mean HAW HAW

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters
Nov 30, 2012 at 6:54 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
I enjoy watching the Social Network (yes, THAT movie) because I always crack up when Mark Zuckerberg says,

I'm Mark Zuckerberg. I don't have any friends and I don't need any friends.
(you don't need friends? You created Facebook you dolt)

Nov 30, 2012 at 4:20 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
He's not here to make friends, he's here TO WIN

Dec 1, 2012 at 3:58 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I secretly like fruit
(but not bananas)

Dec 1, 2012 at 4:37 AM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Even though I've seen Lace's avatar like 378462347 times it still makes me chuckle.

Dec 2, 2012 at 8:52 PM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Yesterday I was curled up half asleep on the couch, while the guy sitting next to me began to scratch my head for a solid 20 minutes.
Another victory :3

Dec 2, 2012 at 9:13 PM
(he was drunk)

Dec 2, 2012 at 10:37 PM
meep
I didn't realize that until later so it was still nice!

Dec 5, 2012 at 11:45 AM
/end
I started listening to the link Caliber posted and I started crying and wanting to give everyone in this thread a hug.

Wild Desu said:
I like to move my legs against the sheets when finding a spot to rest. Like a cat kneading. Clearly I am a cat trapped inside a human's body.

I can match and top this. Normally when I wake up or I am getting ready to go to sleep I do the cat full-length stretch. You know the one where they arch their back and stretch out their front legs? I do that exactly to a T.

I really want to have kids, but I am scared to death at the thought of carrying on my family's genes since my family is pretty fucked up. And I don't mean fucked up in the typical "Most of my family are asses" deal, I mean in a true mental fucked up way. My mother is the only one out of them that is different from them which is a good thing in this case. I am also different from them, but I am still scared.

I have some extra pounds on me, not a lot, most people even myself don't notice even if they are standing next to me because I am really good at sucking in my gut. But it is still enough to make me depressed and make me think I am ugly dispite everyone saying I am good looking.

I wish I had a true "interest". I play games and watch shows and stuff, but I don't have a true interest in them, it is just something to pass the time. I feel like I am just kind of floating around for no real reason besides living.

I could go on but this is getting depressing. Which is ironic since if anything I am a happy-go-lucky type of person. I just don't act like it.

Dec 5, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
I really like this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuzBS8sg57I

I should stop listening to it, maybe.

@Metaseraphim: That post sounds sort of like it belongs in the negativity thread, given the negative/depressing nature of it. Not that it's all that out of place here (except they're not all "Low-Impact", I guess).

Dec 5, 2012 at 12:39 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
GIR is my soul sister

Dec 5, 2012 at 8:15 PM
MetaSeraphim said:
I really want to have kids, but I am scared to death at the thought of carrying on my family's genes since my family is pretty fucked up. And I don't mean fucked up in the typical "Most of my family are asses" deal, I mean in a true mental fucked up way. My mother is the only one out of them that is different from them which is a good thing in this case. I am also different from them, but I am still scared.
Yeah... I think I've pretty much escaped it, but schizophrenia/alcoholism/depression/bipolarism are all really common in my family.
Glad you didn't get the mentally fucked up genes.

Noxid said:
GIR is my soul sister
Not a secret :|

Dec 5, 2012 at 10:46 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
The other day I realized being physically picked on by my much older sister has left a mark on my patience for physical strength. Weird, yet embarrassing.
I also have a fear of being stupid. Worse than the world blowing up. :greydroll:

Dec 5, 2012 at 11:03 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
patience for physical strength?

Dec 5, 2012 at 11:48 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I enjoy making people go insane by slowly mentally torturing them. I fear looking stupid to a stupid degree. I cry at silly things (angel beats why....?). Pagans somewhat scare me, I would never touch a drop of alchohol or smoke but I hang out with people who would, and the police frighten me. Not cause I would do anything illegal it's just...scary.

Dec 6, 2012 at 1:23 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
I wish I could do that first one. And yeah when I was younger I thought you could offend a cop by just looking at one and then get arrested. I don't worry as much anymore though.

I like soup.

Dec 6, 2012 at 10:08 AM
"Huzzah!"
I once got pulled over for doing 94 on the freeway (it was supposed to be 70), but I didn't tell the cop that I got up to 113 and he only caught me as I was slowing down. :chin: And 113 is as fast as my car goes because it's a puny little Toyota. It was cool that I got enough time to see how fast my car could go on flat road though. The speedometer peaks at 120, so I expected to get at least 110 as my max. I could've gone faster if I got to a downward hill, but I had no such luck. Anyway, it was sad to get caught. There wasn't a single car in sight the entire time (until I came up to a couple cop cars on the side of the road, who pulled me over), otherwise I wouldn't have even done it, because it would've put other people in danger. Luckily the cop was pretty gracious and wrote me up for going only 80, as it was my first driving offense. Written up for only doing 80 when I actually went 113.. yeah, I couldn't be too upset about it, and it still taught me not to speed like that again. Besides, that little joy drive allowed me to know how fast my car can accelerate and I know my top speed on a flat, so I have the info I need just in case a cold-blooded killer ends up pursuing me in a car chase in the future.

While we're on this topic of cops: I also secretly want to kill a female officer "York", because she wrote me up a ticket on my own car because it was BARELY blocking MY OWN driveway, and I was inside my house as she wrote the ticket. She was a lazy f*** that didn't even go up to the door to ask who's car it was... ok, I don't want to "kill" her, but I'd love to see someone shoot out her tires or something. I'm not a bad person and I don't have any problems with any other cops I've met, just that one.

Also, I went to Mexico once in my late teenage years, and I found the cops there to be far more intimidating. I heard that they can arrest you if you look at them in a way that can offend them. After hearing that, I didn't think it wise to test it out to see if it was really true or not. Instead, I decided to go blow up some rocks in a random person's back yard with a few friends which led to a neighbor (or the owner?) yelling for the police to come, which forced me and my friends to book it and hop a few fences. Luckily, we got away and no one saw our faces. And, yes, it was fun and exciting, and stupid.

Those are all of my cop-related secrets/stories.

Jan 5, 2013 at 6:32 AM
/end
When buying a new game I love to break the seal on it and smell the inside and look at myself in the perfect non-touched disc.

Jan 5, 2013 at 8:13 AM
MetaSeraphim said:
When buying a new game I love to break the seal on it and smell the inside and look at myself in the perfect non-touched disc.
I know, it's such a good feeling, right?

Let's see, some more low-impact secrets...

I have a racist streak that I try really hard to fight, but it's almost contantly being reinforced rather than negated. I hate dealing with pinoys/philipinos. There's something about philipino gamer culture that makes it extremely unwelcoming and unlikeable. I wish I could say it's just one group or a vocal minority, but nearly all pinoy gamers are like this. Ragnarok Online servers for the past like, seven years have had this problem where even if you opened a strictly english-speaking server, in a few months it'd be overrun with philipinos who would do nothing but trash talk other players in broken english (often with racial slurs or calling people whores), abuse exploits and then use the "but english is my second language and I didn't understand the rules!" card when they were caught rule-breaking. Thing is, it was the fate of every single server. Perfect World, Aion, Lineage II and Starcraft all have pinoy infestations as well (harsh but appropriate word). I thought Guild Wars 2 would be different, but on my server there's a huge pinoy guild that epitomizes everything I ever complained about. Fiance had to do a dungeon run with them and it took two hours longer than it should have because they just ran into everything with no strategy and refused to listen to instruction. Then they usually sit around in the public chat of the most populated areas and having dick measuring contests ("My cousin is this world-famous boxer!" "I've slept with Beyonce, she's a friend of a friend." "I beat like a whole group of people in a fight and they were seasoned gang/mafia members!"). Hate.

As much as I complain about having little interest in what I study, I realized I really, really like my university life. I'm looking forward to going back to school (I'm bored now, even though two months of vacation still remain) and I'm really glad that a setback in my first year delayed my graduation. I was actually supposed to be graduating July 2014, but now it's July 2016. I used to hate the idea that it would take me two extra years to get out into the world, but now I feel pretty good about it. These next three and a half years are really the only years where I'll be able to take risks, make errors, experiment, persue new things and etc without being mired by obligations and work.

I get irrationally irritated over people (95% of the time girls) who portray my favorite characters incorrectly and carelessly. An example would be the Balrog/Quote stuff I usually complain about, because writers/artists change their personalities so drastically that they can't even be considered the same characters anymore: they're completely different characters masquerading around in the skins of the actual characters. They don't give a shit about the characters the way they're meant to be, they reduce them to sex toys. I am seeing this way too often. I thought it wouldn't happen in the GW2 fandom, but I'm seeing some hints of it.

Jan 5, 2013 at 11:19 AM
meep
43501 said:
I get irrationally irritated over people (95% of the time girls) who portray my favorite characters incorrectly and carelessly. An example would be the Balrog/Quote stuff I usually complain about, because writers/artists change their personalities so drastically that they can't even be considered the same characters anymore: they're completely different characters masquerading around in the skins of the actual characters. They don't give a shit about the characters the way they're meant to be, they reduce them to sex toys. I am seeing this way too often. I thought it wouldn't happen in the GW2 fandom, but I'm seeing some hints of it.
Oh, this is a big thing for me too.
I have a lot of husbandos and such, but I like to think of it as a sort "respectful" thing, I have a lot of appreciation for the character and the intricate things that make it what it is.
So it hurts to see a character devolved to the point where it just feels like a souless puppet of the personality I enjoy so much.

Jan 5, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Yakkers said:
Oh, this is a big thing for me too.
I have a lot of husbandos and such, but I like to think of it as a sort "respectful" thing, I have a lot of appreciation for the character and the intricate things that make it what it is.
So it hurts to see a character devolved to the point where it just feels like a souless puppet of the personality I enjoy so much.
Exactly! You appreciate them for what they already are! See, you get me. You absolutely get me.

Husbando army, go!