Just completed the game!

Jan 14, 2007 at 10:33 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Calling it cheating is incorrect. The word 'cheating' isn't appropriate. Cheating isn't just a personal opinion or self-set standard. There are rules in this game, and they're the ones that Pixel made. Obviously using the life pot doesn't break those rules, because it was clearly an intentional addition to the game.

Just use a better word. If you said that the life pot was 'lame,' or 'stupid,' or 'cheap,' or said that it made the game too easy, there'd be nothing wrong with that.

Jan 14, 2007 at 12:33 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Osmose said:
He himself thinks of it as cheating and holds himself to that standard - he doesn't expect anyone to follow his own personal rules, in case that's what you're thinking.

Like you said yourself, there's no reason why he would listen to your rules that allow the usage of it when he prefers not to.

Grant said:
Calling it cheating is incorrect. The word 'cheating' isn't appropriate. Cheating isn't just a personal opinion or self-set standard. There are rules in this game, and they're the ones that Pixel made. Obviously using the life pot doesn't break those rules, because it was clearly an intentional addition to the game.

Just use a better word. If you said that the life pot was 'lame,' or 'stupid,' or 'cheap,' or said that it made the game too easy, there'd be nothing wrong with that.

I don't know why you guys gripe because of such a silly thing its inept. :p
However it seems that you have to be justified :p
So if you have to I respect that and say its lame ok?
But stop griping here I dont like it :o
k?thx,bye!

Edit:

http://www.cavestory.org/forums/threads/170/

Jan 14, 2007 at 1:38 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Fair enough!

Feb 3, 2007 at 1:46 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
No reason to worry: I'm running the game on 32-bit Windows Vista Home Premium, and everything seems to be working perfectly.

Feb 3, 2007 at 2:40 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
low_fi said:
No reason to worry: I'm running the game on 32-bit Windows Vista Home Premium, and everything seems to be working perfectly.

works on vista cool :D if my school changes their os i dont have to worry :p

ands whats that got to do with life pot cheating?

Feb 3, 2007 at 10:58 AM
Hoxtilicious
Chaddykins said:
This was only because I was doing my minimum items run through the game...

I know, but its about: "Life pot = Cheating?" It wasn't my intention to offend you. :D
I still have my own opinion about it but I wont tell because of that know-it-better-guys. :D Don't wanna start a fight because of such dumb things :p lol

Feb 3, 2007 at 11:49 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
ShInInG PhAnToM said:
I know, but its about: "Life pot = Cheating?" It wasn't my intention to offend you. :D
I still have my own opinion about it but I wont tell because of that know-it-better-guys. :D Don't wanna start a fight because of such dumb things :p lol

either way im not offended even if you do or dont say its cheating this is just petty scwabling over nothing so whatever. :D

Feb 3, 2007 at 3:59 PM
Hoxtilicious
xristosx said:
either way im not offended even if you do or dont say its cheating this is just petty scwabling over nothing so whatever. :p

Yea you're right its just a waste of time - good for nothing :D
But some people have to be justifed or they are going to cry or doing another fancy stuff lol