Jenka's Nightmare Revived - Final release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2011 at 7:03 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Pronouns: she/her
Re: Jenka's Nightmare Revived

Uh, please spoiler that, you revealed a lot of info.
1. No, it's not supposed to happen. I'll have to fix that.
2. Already answered.
Yes, but only in JN HARD. It's not too useful, but it will be.

EDIT: Fixed and updated.

Jul 15, 2011 at 7:49 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

LunarSoul said:
Uh, please spoiler that, you revealed a lot of info.
1. No, it's not supposed to happen. I'll have to fix that.
2. Already answered.
Yes, but only in JN HARD. It's not too useful, but it will be.

EDIT: Fixed and updated.

ok, I spoiled everything I wrote. I completely forgot about that, sorry. I didn't already play JN HARD yet, what are the main differents between Hard and the normal JN?

Jul 15, 2011 at 7:52 PM
Professional Whatever

Thanks a bunch.
The main difference between JN NORMAL and JN HARD are the NPC table values of enemies, especially bosses. For example, I believe all critters are invincible.

Jul 20, 2011 at 4:04 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

Hey, I just beat Jenka's Nightmare and I was wondering if there is a different ending then the developer's room. Also is this the final version of the game?, if not LunarSoul should have Misery teleport you to Jenka's house after you beat Ultima, where you sleep in a bed next to Jenka and enter her dream. This final level could be called Jenka's Nightmare.

Jul 20, 2011 at 4:17 AM
Professional Whatever

PLEASE spoiler that ASAP. (Heh, thanks DT. =3)
There are
four
endings.
This is the final version, but I will still be looking for bugs.

Jul 21, 2011 at 9:51 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

Hi I think I ran into a minor glitch. I'm not 100% sure since it's my first playthrough.

After getting back to town after getting the fuel cell I didn't realise that I was supposed to get booster 2.0 so I kept going with booster 0.8.

First I went to the waterway entrance. When I tried to open the door I got dialogue suggesting that I should upgrade my booster but when trying again I got some sort of confirmation that I was barely able to read before it switched screens and I got into the waterway. I figured I wasn't supposed to do it without the booster 2.0 though so I went to the egg corridor and then up along the outer wall. That journey left my precious two weapons at lvl 1 so I took the address chip from the teleporter at the top and jumped down to go back to town so I could upgrade my weapons again before going further.

I went back to the town hall and then teleported to the outer wall getting into oblivion: erosion I realised I couldn't reach anything in there with booster 0.8 so I went back to town once again. This time when I went into the assembly hall everyone was kidnapped and I got a message to go to oblivion so I teleported there and went to the red tower which obviously was unclimbable with booster 0.8 so after a while I figured out where to get booster 2.0 and climbed the tower and got some dialogue from oblivion implying that I already beat genesis which I didn't and then got into a fight with possessed curly.

I feel like I got to this part too early because I was told that I already beat genesis and also because beating possessed curly with a missile launcher and fireball is really really hard.

Sorry for being so lengthy I just wasn't sure what it was that I did that triggered the event.

I'm also wondering if I broke something or if I'm still able to go the correct route.

Jul 21, 2011 at 12:32 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Pronouns: he/him

Jenka's Nightmare is epic the game/story line is real captorvating and the the riddle baced section of the game in the sand zone is brilant :D

Jul 21, 2011 at 1:35 PM
Professional Whatever

@neneko:
That is a really strange glitch. You skipped two very important parts (flags being set). I think you should start over and try again if you want, or use an old save if you have one. I'll try and duplicate your glitch.

Jul 21, 2011 at 1:56 PM
CUSTOMIZED!
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"

I don't think I mentioned that glitch I got as well:
I got the same one before the waterway with booster v0.8

Jul 21, 2011 at 4:14 PM
CUSTOMIZED!

Sorry for the double post....I had a question.
Can you get both the blade and nemesis? It says in the room in the bottom left of erosion called Oblivion: Ancient that the chest had a charm placed on it.... Any hints?

Jul 21, 2011 at 4:19 PM
Professional Whatever

Heh, you sure can!
The nemesis actually isn't in O: Ancient. That's a missile upgrade, which means you must have the uberBubbler. The nemesis is however in a room in O: Erosion.

Jul 21, 2011 at 7:54 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

I tried redoing it from the start. I found another small glitch and I have a question.

In genesis light the first spike tile is broken. It's black so not visible against the black background. You still take damage from it and the fireball animation will bounce behind it.

Was I supposed to do something before going to genesis source or am I supposed to fight it armed with fireballs and missiles? I noticed I can't get back from the save point before genesis source so I guess I'm stuck taking genesis out with fireballs. Was I supposed to have found something before/on the way there that's better at shooting flying stuff than fireballs?

Jul 21, 2011 at 9:02 PM
Professional Whatever

Um...
I believe that's it. I can fix those, I'll try and do it tonight.

Jul 22, 2011 at 9:37 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

Found a few more tiny cosmetic things that you might want to fix.

When you talk to the fishing mimiga once he is sitting at the bottom of town fishing you cna move around and jump while the dialogue is open.

Same thing when you get the cutscene when going through miserys house to oblivion.

When talking to Sue after finding her amulet in the tower she tells you that she'll fix your machine gun for you even after she has. Then she says thanks which I assume is the only thing she is supposed to say.

Jul 22, 2011 at 9:52 AM
CUSTOMIZED!

LunarSoul said:
Heh, you sure can!
The nemesis actually isn't in O: Ancient. That's a missile upgrade, which means you must have the uberBubbler. The nemesis is however in a room in O: Erosion.

HHmmm... I feel so stupid I haven't found it xD It must be hidden. Thanks

Jul 22, 2011 at 3:06 PM
Professional Whatever

neneko said:
Found a few more tiny cosmetic things that you might want to fix.

When you talk to the fishing mimiga once he is sitting at the bottom of town fishing you cna move around and jump while the dialogue is open.

Same thing when you get the cutscene when going through miserys house to oblivion.

When talking to Sue after finding her amulet in the tower she tells you that she'll fix your machine gun for you even after she has. Then she says thanks which I assume is the only thing she is supposed to say.
Thanks for the info! I'll fix them.

Kick Ass said:
HHmmm... I feel so stupid I haven't found it xD It must be hidden. Thanks
Don't feel stupid, it's one of the most hidden items in the game. =3

Jul 23, 2011 at 1:40 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"

Nice work. I don't know if I'm updated, but did you know you can get that Life Capsule near the critter in First Cave if you jump on it? I don't know if the critter is there only for get that Life Capsule. You can do the same operation to get the Booster component, however, you can't exit after that.

Jul 23, 2011 at 1:51 PM
Professional Whatever

Yep, that's something that's been there forever. I left it there on purpose!
I apparently didn't seal off the revolutionarium.

Jul 23, 2011 at 1:57 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"

TOO FAST REPLY!:muscledoc::balrog:
Ok. I'm still trapped in dog puzzle. I think you need to follow: Gaudi>Mimiga>Red Flower. It's possible to get to Egg Corridor without the Air Tank, it took me 5~6 tries to get there. Then, I died(Basil).

Jul 23, 2011 at 4:07 PM
CUSTOMIZED!

Spoiler that ASAP. It's the button with the arrow pointing down. You don't want to reveal info to people who haven't played the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back