Jenka's Nightmare - Done. *mic drop* [3.0.1.0]

Feb 9, 2015 at 12:47 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
ZarroTsu said:
Everything should be set in stone now. If I update again in the future, it shouldn't affect any TASes.

Take a look at http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15288&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 for some WIPs arandomgameTASer did a while back, including some notes. You're welcome to put your TAS in that topic, too; arandomgameTASer stopped because the computer he was working on it with buggered up.
All right, I see. Yeah program some problem on hourglass some happen crash sometime than other emulator nothing problem.

I download same your versison correct if everything change? I know intro can skip you told me before reset worked.

I guess start over with full version this time for real. Good luck myself :)

By the way, I not follow this video same move on TAS run.

Feb 10, 2015 at 3:12 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
i hope someday this mod can be ported to cave story+

Feb 10, 2015 at 3:27 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Iiz10ninja said:
i hope someday this mod can be ported to cave story+

Doubt it. The game uses a number of original sprites, so that would require either a program that scans and converts graphics or Zarrot would have to make CS+ graphics himself.

How does one TAS Cave Story?

Feb 10, 2015 at 11:15 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Mistress Nemesis said:
Doubt it. The game uses a number of original sprites, so that would require either a program that scans and converts graphics or Zarrot would have to make CS+ graphics himself.
The issues you mentioned aren't a problem at all. The main issues are the fact that this mod uses too many maps (Cave Story+ doesn't play well with more than 95), and I'm wanting to say I heard there are a few assembly hacks in this mod, which can't be ported.

Feb 10, 2015 at 11:21 AM
"Huzzah!"
HaydenStudios said:
and I'm wanting to say I heard there are a few assembly hacks in this mod, which can't be ported.
There is.
The snake reloads like the machine gun, but very slowly.
That's just one thing I can remember off of the top of my head, though. I think there were more.

Feb 10, 2015 at 12:03 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I also added and made use of EQ+0512 and EQ+1024.

Granted that only means I made machine gun check for 512 to charge faster, and snake check for 1024 to charge faster.

Feb 10, 2015 at 12:41 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
i have achieved SUPER SECRET ROOM and i found out ZARROTSUKEI. i follow him, but i found something mysterious

WHAT PUPORSE IT ALL
please answer! :confused: :sue: :pignon2:

Attachments

• super secret room.png
    super secret room.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 1
  • ssr2.png
    ssr2.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 1
  • ssr3.png
    ssr3.png
    35.3 KB · Views: 1
  • ssr4.png
    ssr4.png
    28.2 KB · Views: 1
  • ssr5.png
    ssr5.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 1
  • ss boss.png
    ss boss.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 1
Feb 10, 2015 at 1:21 PM
Spoiler tag that.

It's the boss rush.

Feb 10, 2015 at 3:56 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
If I wanted to get maximum ammo for each weapon, how far should I go without opening chests?

Feb 10, 2015 at 4:27 PM
- Avoid Snake and Bubbler until after you reach The Underside
- Avoid Super Missiles until you have 90 ammo

Feb 10, 2015 at 4:35 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
ZarroTsu said:
- Avoid Snake and Bubbler until after you reach The Underside
- Avoid Super Missiles until you have 90 ammo
Not sure if I want the Super Missiles, but thanks for the info. I figured "Wait until after the underside" anyway.

Feb 10, 2015 at 11:45 PM
If anyone was having trouble with the Twitch link before, I've been informed Slowbeef uploaded the stream to his channel today: /watch?v=kZhqWU_UcmE

Feb 12, 2015 at 1:53 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
HaydenStudios said:
The issues you mentioned aren't a problem at all. The main issues are the fact that this mod uses too many maps (Cave Story+ doesn't play well with more than 95), and I'm wanting to say I heard there are a few assembly hacks in this mod, which can't be ported.
Hm, another fantastic thing to come out of you.

With that said, I'm still hung up on how the original graphics would be converted. There are a lot of em and some of them are... Intense
*coughBossRushcough*

I mean, stuff like your 4 ending mod I can easily see as being ported without an issue, but this mod goes above and beyond the usual tradition of using the unused sprites in creative ways.

ectomech78 said:
Not sure if I want the Super Missiles, but thanks for the info. I figured "Wait until after the underside" anyway.
To add on to what Zarrot said, If you have a Missile/Super Missile Capsule via NG+, make sure to have it opened before you get the Super Missiles. You get more ammo that way. Regardless of what missiles you have when the capsule is opened, the Super Missile Capsule doesn't give you as much of an ammo boost since NG+ rewards you for challenging yourself as much as humanly possible in the original game.

Feb 13, 2015 at 4:30 PM
My website's CSS refuses to update for some reason, but I added a new page to the site. Whenever the CSS clues in, it'll look a little better. It'll look fine now.

Feb 13, 2015 at 6:15 PM
How many ending this mods? Bad or Good Ending, I can both version run on the way. I have process running this mods.

Feb 13, 2015 at 9:41 PM
Two endings. Both endings are essentially available at the same time, though the 'good' ending adds more content.

Feb 14, 2015 at 4:09 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
EddieERL said:
I see, thank you. :)
Good ending is hinted at, just don't do the normal ending, check the journal, ask around. You'll find it pretty easily.

Feb 14, 2015 at 6:05 AM
Just a quick note I remembered in my most recent play through (I'm making sure that I know where everything is and what to say at each area for my own let's play)

As much as finding the pignon notes was annoying and required backtracking, it still made me feel accomplished for getting the infinity +1 sword. I feel like most people didn't get it, and that's fine, but it's like getting any ultimate weapon in a metroidvania or something.

Now getting
The spur
feels like a part of the game, and that doesn't sit well with me. It's almost like "Oh hey, here's the best weapon" like some sort of natural progression. I don't feel like I've earned it. I don't know if that was your intent or not, but I just thought I'd throw in my two cents.

Feb 14, 2015 at 2:04 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Flamegeyser said:
Just a quick note I remembered in my most recent play through (I'm making sure that I know where everything is and what to say at each area for my own let's play)

As much as finding the pignon notes was annoying and required backtracking, it still made me feel accomplished for getting the infinity +1 sword. I feel like most people didn't get it, and that's fine, but it's like getting any ultimate weapon in a metroidvania or something.

Now getting [spoilers] The spur [/spoilers] feels like a part of the game, and that doesn't sit well with me. It's almost like "Oh hey, here's the best weapon" like some sort of natural progression. I don't feel like I've earned it. I don't know if that was your intent or not, but I just thought I'd throw in my two cents.

For one thing, you did the spoiler tag wrong, no offense. For another thing, the Spur is still a relatively late game weapon due to the fact that you need the Booster 2.0. You still have to do 2 boss fights to get it, and

Hidden text highlight (or click) to view:

in Curly's story, you need to do ANOTHER boss fight to get it back

The Spur is still a rewarding weapon to get, and while you may not feel that it is, you really should. You should be grateful that you get a neat weapon so easily. It's still a fun game, ya know.