Jenka's Nightmare - Done. *mic drop* [3.0.1.0]

Sep 14, 2014 at 11:13 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Holy shit. This new update makes me wanna do another playthrough.

Sep 14, 2014 at 11:38 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
yrotS evaC said:
Am I supposed to be able to get the Snake back from First Cave after exiting the Labyrinth?
edit: Glitch. If I examine the chest where the Map is after I get the Map, I get the missile upgrade further up.
1) Yes. I swapped two of the chest flags for... reasons. You don't have an extra drop, just a 'future' one. You're going to probably get all your ammo back later when the weapon gets traded around, so there's that too.

2) Whoops. That sounds pretty bad, actually.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Hotfix 2.0.0.2

- Map System chest no longer links to Missile chest on second examination.
- You can't get Blade or Nemesis capsules/medals in NG+ files, now.

Sep 14, 2014 at 11:48 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Wait, what? Does that mean I wasn't supposed to get the Snake again from First Cave? I already saved, damn it.
Also, double checking the changelong, Hermit Gunsmith appeared as soon I exited the Labyrinth. Another flag glitch from swapping saves, or an actual glitch?

Sep 14, 2014 at 11:59 PM
The swapped flags aren't really a bug, you just wound up with an ammo chest from later on. However, you can indeed get the snake from any snake chests you hadn't gotten yet, now. So your save file is technically fine.

Hermit Gunsmith is actually supposed to show up right after the labyrinth. I guess there was a bug in my change log.

Sep 15, 2014 at 12:32 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Where is Malco? He isn't at the Dead End anymore.
e: also, I hope X taking my medal wasn't supposed to happen.

Sep 15, 2014 at 2:47 PM
The irony is that I think Malco leaves the Labyrinth as soon as you do, so it turns out you are missing out on things by using your 1.6 file (A few ammo upgrades, nothing much). I'll look at extending his stay next time I update.

Hidden text highlight (or click) to view:

And X taking your medal is supposed to happen, because X is a prick.

Sep 15, 2014 at 10:42 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
ZarroTsu said:
1) Yes. I swapped two of the chest flags for... reasons. You don't have an extra drop, just a 'future' one. You're going to probably get all your ammo back later when the weapon gets traded around, so there's that too.

2) Whoops. That sounds pretty bad, actually.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Hotfix 2.0.0.2

- Map System chest no longer links to Missile chest on second examination.
- You can't get Blade or Nemesis capsules/medals in NG+ files, now.
So does that mean I'll have to redo my weapon editing research? I guess I'd replace my Blade with something else. Bubbler, I suppose... Actually, this would probably mean that the process would be easier. I believe that with the Blade and Nemesis capsules now nonexistant, putting in the Bubbler would be the final part of a "safe" setup.

At this point, you just can't have the Spur and Polar Star capsules or the Missile and Super Missile capsules at the same time... Well, you CAN, but since there are flags raised for whether you got the Spur or not and whether you upgraded the Missiles or not, there's no reason to have both.

There is no Snake Flag, which is why you can get the Hydra AND the Turbocharge on the same file, which I enjoy.

All in all, it seems like a good update. Are you updating the website to have the new map layouts and new walkthrough?

EDIT: Well, the old walkthrough's gone, so, I guess you're working on the site.

Sep 16, 2014 at 1:25 PM
I haven't updated the website yet, but I will later this week. It seems to be working fine for me.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I've been trying to think of ways to make Misery's Life Pot quest less obnoxious, and a really simply solution came to mind the other night, and it's two-fold.

1) I'm going to have Misery give you a straight-up 'errand list' of the things she needs, as an inventory reminder.

2) I'm going to add a puppy at the end of Sand Zone to give you this errand list if you don't get it from Misery. This should help players who forget or don't want to talk to Misery after the long-ass Booster/Misery conversation. (Maybe I should trim this down?)

Sep 16, 2014 at 11:03 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
ZarroTsu said:
I haven't updated the website yet, but I will later this week. It seems to be working fine for me.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I've been trying to think of ways to make Misery's Life Pot quest less obnoxious, and a really simply solution came to mind the other night, and it's two-fold.

1) I'm going to have Misery give you a straight-up 'errand list' of the things she needs, as an inventory reminder.

2) I'm going to add a puppy at the end of Sand Zone to give you this errand list if you don't get it from Misery. This should help players who forget or don't want to talk to Misery after the long-ass Booster/Misery conversation. (Maybe I should trim this down?)
I'd recommend AGAINST trimming down the dialogue. It's long, yes, but it doesn't overstay its welcome and it's pretty damn important. I never got a "make it stoooooop!" vibe from its length.

Sep 21, 2014 at 12:07 AM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
In the labrinth there is a bug where the map goes up for a second and then dissapears. Are you going to fix this?

Sep 21, 2014 at 4:32 AM
That was... Originally intentional when the map system was in the labyrinth and it was considered 'broken'.

I'll think about a way around that. Either I could shorten labyrinth W, or I could add a flag to all the doors leading into it to have the map system say "no data". Shortening it doesn't sound like a bad idea, though.

Sep 23, 2014 at 12:03 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
ZarroTsu said:
That was... Originally intentional when the map system was in the labyrinth and it was considered 'broken'.

I'll think about a way around that. Either I could shorten labyrinth W, or I could add a flag to all the doors leading into it to have the map system say "no data". Shortening it doesn't sound like a bad idea, though.

I don't recall, which area is Labyrinth W?

Sep 23, 2014 at 12:28 AM
Monster X. I've already shortened it and moved the Core exit into Revolutionarium itself so that the map system works.

Sep 23, 2014 at 11:21 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
ZarroTsu said:
Monster X. I've already shortened it and moved the Core exit into Revolutionarium itself so that the map system works.

Out of curiosity, how does that fix the map system?

Sep 24, 2014 at 12:19 AM
Map system can only have a maximum with of 320 pixels, aka the width of the screen. As such, the map itself needs to be within 318 tiles wide, I think. If it goes over that amount, the map system will fail to render and simply not draw itself at all (but it will still render where your blinking dot on the map is, because that doesn't care about screen width).

The map width is now about 315. Before, it was 380.

Devil's Garden, on the other hand, I'm simply making it do a "No Data" for the map system, because I don't want to risk separate sections of the map bleeding into one another.

Sep 24, 2014 at 4:21 AM
I'll try to push the update tomorrow evening. Everything's ready, but I want to actually make sure it works this time.

Something I've done is reshape Deconstructor Mk1's arena a bit, to make it more challenging since the Fireball got a buff. It's actually kind of fun now - you have to engage with how the boss moves to hit it with the fireball. Of course, missiles trivialize the whole thing, sort of, but you have a limited number of those.

I sort of want Matt to do a 'redemption' stream (a redemption on my part, mostly) after this next version is done, but that's up to him. Barring any bugs I fail to squish.

Sep 24, 2014 at 11:35 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
ZarroTsu said:
I'll try to push the update tomorrow evening. Everything's ready, but I want to actually make sure it works this time.

Something I've done is reshape Deconstructor Mk1's arena a bit, to make it more challenging since the Fireball got a buff. It's actually kind of fun now - you have to engage with how the boss moves to hit it with the fireball. Of course, missiles trivialize the whole thing, sort of, but you have a limited number of those.

I sort of want Matt to do a 'redemption' stream (a redemption on my part, mostly) after this next version is done, but that's up to him. Barring any bugs I fail to squish.
Interesting. How close would you say we are to a final version, then?

Sep 25, 2014 at 12:51 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
I'm on break foot a week and a half so you tell me a time and I will.