Jenka's Nightmare - Done. *mic drop* [3.0.1.0]

Sep 25, 2014 at 2:57 AM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
HyMyNameIsMatt said:
I'm on break foot a week and a half so you tell me a time and I will.
Sometime this weekend? I dunno, whatever works for you. Query me a link on esper.net, I'm on there all the time (just not in CurlyBrace).

Update 2.1.0.0

- Fixed the second Secret Room event not going to the "next" dialog pieces

- Malco now sticks around the Dead End until both Genesis and Oblivion are defeated.

- Fixed the Underside Statue failing to work under certain circumstances.

- Fixed Deconstructor Mk1's arena causing Babies to get lost in the ceiling.

- Resized Deconstructor Mk1's arena a bit to make the fight more challenging. Some of the -127 spikes, and the two -10 spikes were removed to prevent it from being unforgiving.

- The teleporter shortcut in Sand Zone no longer works until you have the Booster v0.8.

- Shortened Labyrinth W. The Core now exits straight to the Revolutionarium to compensate.

- Added a "No Data" filter to Devil's Garden, to avoid the same blink-out map "issue".

- Misery now gives the player an 'errand list' for her life pot.

- There is now a puppy at the end of Sand Zone that will give you Misery's errand list, if you missed it.

- Can no longer pick up the Rosehips without Misery's errand list.

- Added a second EXP Capsule to the First Cave area

- Reduced Crow exp from 4 to 3.

- Reduced Fireball EXP from (18/36/36) to (18/36/27) (If your fireball EXP is pushed outside the graphic, just collect some more to fix it)

(Aside from any further bugs, this might be the last version! Maybe!)

Sep 25, 2014 at 7:40 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
ZarroTsu said:
Sometime this weekend? I dunno, whatever works for you. Query me a link on esper.net, I'm on there all the time (just not in CurlyBrace).

Update 2.1.0.0

- Fixed the second Secret Room event not going to the "next" dialog pieces

- Malco now sticks around the Dead End until both Genesis and Oblivion are defeated.

- Fixed the Underside Statue failing to work under certain circumstances.

- Fixed Deconstructor Mk1's arena causing Babies to get lost in the ceiling.

- Resized Deconstructor Mk1's arena a bit to make the fight more challenging. Some of the -127 spikes, and the two -10 spikes were removed to prevent it from being unforgiving.

- The teleporter shortcut in Sand Zone no longer works until you have the Booster v0.8.

- Shortened Labyrinth W. The Core now exits straight to the Revolutionarium to compensate.

- Added a "No Data" filter to Devil's Garden, to avoid the same blink-out map "issue".

- Misery now gives the player an 'errand list' for her life pot.

- There is now a puppy at the end of Sand Zone that will give you Misery's errand list, if you missed it.

- Can no longer pick up the Rosehips without Misery's errand list.

- Added a second EXP Capsule to the First Cave area

- Reduced Crow exp from 4 to 3.

- Reduced Fireball EXP from (18/36/36) to (18/36/27) (If your fireball EXP is pushed outside the graphic, just collect some more to fix it)

(Aside from any further bugs, this might be the last version! Maybe!)
I see that tiny text! Nice to hear, dude!

Oct 2, 2014 at 5:05 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
This goes beyong my wildest expectations for a sequel.

Your work is appreciated man.

Oct 3, 2014 at 8:54 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Do the medals do anything?
Also, is it possible to go somewhere other than the Devil's Garden from the first door?

Oct 3, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Medals do not do anything. They're just little trinkets.

Devil's Garden is a maze.

Oct 4, 2014 at 6:01 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

I spent an hour chasing the moving block for the crescent medal...

Oh well. It was fun. :)
Yeah, I know.

I'm reeeaaaaly bad at this game...
Also, I picked up the Pipeworks Pignon note, and then switched to the new version of the mod.

It now reads as the "King Pignon" note.

Just saying...

Oct 4, 2014 at 6:03 AM
I'll invest in time machine technology ASAP so I can put out the latest version before the old version.

Oct 4, 2014 at 6:50 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
The Spongeinator said:

I spent an hour chasing the moving block for the crescent medal...

Oh well. It was fun. :)
Yeah, I know.

I'm reeeaaaaly bad at this game...
Also, I picked up the Pipeworks Pignon note, and then switched to the new version of the mod.

It now reads as the "King Pignon" note.

Just saying...
You're switching from a 1.x version to a 2.x version without starting a new game. Clearly something is wrong here.
ZarroTsu said:
I'll invest in time machine technology ASAP so I can put out the latest version before the old version.

Holy crap, you can do that?! :momo: :momo: :momo: :momo: :momo: :momo: :momo: :momo: :momo:

Lmao.

Oct 5, 2014 at 5:04 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
How do you know it hasn't already been done? The old version of JN was clearly an in progress rebuild by alternate future ZarroTsu posing as Shmitz (alternate alternate future ZarroTsu) to beat Shmitz to building something better than alternate past JN, which was seen by ZarroTsu, who then tried to improve on it. Makes sense, right? ;)

Oct 5, 2014 at 5:24 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
andwhyisit said:
How do you know it hasn't already been done? The old version of JN was clearly an in progress rebuild by alternate future ZarroTsu posing as Shmitz (alternate alternate future ZarroTsu) to beat Shmitz to building something better than alternate past JN, which was seen by ZarroTsu, who then tried to improve on it. Makes sense, right? ;)

... Yes.

Hidden text highlight (or click) to view:

Zarrot, did you ever make the pointed glasses usable? I'd really like to see Curly wear them.

Oct 5, 2014 at 2:27 PM
Can't without ASM for a third character set. Not likely to happen unless someone bombs the topic with a bunch of reference material that I could get it working with.

Oct 5, 2014 at 2:34 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
What, the <MIM hack? It's a pretty easy hack to apply. I could do it for you if you wanted.

I've also found that trying to use the actual <MIM command doesn't work out well (even though it seems like it should) so I can tell you how to use the relevant flags to manually change the image.

Oh, and here's the hack thread if you want to do it yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 7, 2014 at 9:24 PM
If I do implement that, I'd want to go the extra mile and add additional face pictures for Curly wearing the glasses, and an over-the-top altered ending dialog or something for shits and giggles.

And if I did all that, I'd need Sorairo Days as an .org. I do have a music slot available, after all.

Oct 8, 2014 at 2:12 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
ZarroTsu said:
If I do implement that, I'd want to go the extra mile and add additional face pictures for Curly wearing the glasses, and an over-the-top altered ending dialog or something for shits and giggles.

And if I did all that, I'd need Sorairo Days as an .org. I do have a music slot available, after all.

Of course it has to be done to the extreme, this is TTGL we're talking about.

Oct 8, 2014 at 11:43 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

No spoilers! Thanks for the tip, Zarro.

All in all, it's been absolutely great fun replaying through the different versions of this mod.

Oct 9, 2014 at 12:12 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
AvidFan said:

Just a question for the mod master, I was watching Zarro's uncut stream run (part 1 specifically) and I'm unable to get to the third secret room (Misery) after blowing the whistle as you had done... As I understand, you set Gaudi&Mimga to each other and took Flower, then immediately afterwards blew the dogwhistle, after which taking the teleporter would get you on the path to Misery's home. I've done these exact steps, but the teleporter doesn't respond. Intentional?

All in all, it's been absolutely great fun replaying through the different versions of this mod.

Zarrot did some tweaking with the Sand Zone teleporter puzzle in thisversion, but I would think he left that in. But that's definitely a good question. Feed the puppy, perhaps. I dunno, Zarrot's the one to answer this.

Oct 9, 2014 at 12:57 AM

You have to get there manually by doing the teleporter puzzle and using the beetles as stepping stones to get out of the 'hole' where flower is.

Oct 9, 2014 at 8:35 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hello, I found three little things:

A gaudi suddenly fell through the floor off the map in the tunnel in which you fight Monster X ! It was quite funny, only happend once

The description of the Whimsical Star was not updated, still displays "Found in GrassTown"

Balrog in the observatory offers to trade back the machine gun and promise it will be "worth" later or something like that but the final "h" in "worth" is not visible in the text window

I thought you would like to know.
Thanks again and sorry if i repeated something someone already mentionned.

Oct 9, 2014 at 11:11 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
ZarroTsu said:

You have to get there manually by doing the teleporter puzzle and using the beetles as stepping stones to get out of the 'hole' where flower is.

Why's it harder now? It's not like new players would know how to get there. It sorta feels like it's making the lives of us vets a lot more difficult.

Oct 9, 2014 at 11:44 PM
I thought you would like to know.
Thanks again and sorry if i repeated something someone already mentionned.
Thanks. I'll fix these this weekend.

Mistress Nemesis said:
Why's it harder now? It's not like new players would know how to get there. It sorta feels like it's making the lives of us vets a lot more difficult.
Admittedly, it was sort of an oversight at first. While I put in the teleporter shortcut for speed-run purposes, I somehow forgot that you could just use it for the secret room until a while later, and sort of left it in until the DANGERZONE stream did it. It also sort of makes the teleporter puzzle completely redundant, so this is a minor attempt to fix that, too.

Besides, the Secret Rooms were always meant to be difficult to get to, in one way or another. It isn't much of a sequence break if you can just casually walk there.