Is pixel gonna make a sequel to cave story?

Aug 24, 2018 at 8:02 PM
"Huzzah!"
I think pixel might make cave story 2.
if pixel is gonna make a sequel this is what it should be like.
they should introduce puu as a long lost brother of balrog (even though puu black is a boss in cave story but they never give a story) pixel could maybe even bring back Oscar from the beta.
Do you think pixel should make a sequel to cave story?.
if you think pixel will make cave story 2 then what do you think the story should be?

Aug 24, 2018 at 8:38 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Pixel is not going to make a sequel to Cave Story. It isn't going to happen.

Aug 24, 2018 at 8:45 PM
Based Member
I will second what andwhyisit said and say that I do not think that there is going to be a Cave Story sequel either. Then again, we did think for quite a while that things were going to end in the Halo series after Halo 3...

Aug 24, 2018 at 8:45 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Iirc with Nicalis' ownership over Cave Story it'd be hard for Pixel to just whip out a Cave Story 2. Although I'd assume he's more than welcome to discuss something like that.

Aug 24, 2018 at 9:04 PM
War criminal
Should there ever be a Cave Story 2, regardless of the high odds against the possibility, I would not mind if there is one that follows the second ending.
The third ending is nice, but it throws everything out of the window and just slaps Ballos at the end. It'd be better if Ballos' story were to be saved for the hypothetical sequel, and have the Sakamotos stay relevant all the way through. The conclusion for the sequel would become even more satisfactory than the third ending.

Aug 25, 2018 at 1:56 AM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I think pixel might make cave story 2.
if pixel is gonna make a sequel this is what it should be like.
they should introduce puu as a long lost brother of balrog (even though puu black is a boss in cave story but they never give a story) pixel could maybe even bring back Oscar from the beta.
Do you think pixel should make a sequel to cave story?.
if you think pixel will make cave story 2 then what do you think the story should be?
i think that would be cool but i would feel bad after already hitting the puu black guy (pooh black?) with my blade a bunch of times
plus pooh black always seemed to be evil but balrog was kind of nice from the start because sometimes he didn't even want to fight because he gave you an option at the beginning
so itd be weird if you became friends with pooh black after

Aug 25, 2018 at 2:15 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Yeah... I also agree with @andwhyisit. That ain't happening, probably ever, unless Nicalis out of the blue starts developing a sequel (since they technically own the rights). And if you know Nicalis, it's probably going to be buggy as hell.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2018 at 3:24 AM
"Huzzah!"
Well if pixel or nicalis are never gonna make a sequel..... then I will make my own fan made sequel!

Aug 25, 2018 at 3:39 AM
War criminal
Well if pixel or nicalis are never gonna make a sequel..... then I will make my own fan made sequel!
Hope you have the time and dedication to match your ambition! A Lost Land and Jenka's Nightmare didn't come out in a day, y'know! ;)

Aug 25, 2018 at 3:57 AM
"Huzzah!"
Hope you have the time and dedication to match your ambition! A Lost Land and Jenka's Nightmare didn't come out in a day, y'know! ;)
I played jenka's nightmare!

Aug 25, 2018 at 4:57 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Should there ever be a Cave Story 2, regardless of the high odds against the possibility, I would not mind if there is one that follows the second ending.
Actually a prequel would be better, but that's me.

Aug 25, 2018 at 7:03 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
sometimes i feel like this forum is stuck in a hellish groundhog day loop where people keep posting the same things over and over again
but yeah the best you can probably hope for is the odd quote and curly cameos that nicalis like to sprinkle in their games. otherwise there's jenka's nightmare and its half dozen
different versions that should keep you occupied

Aug 25, 2018 at 7:10 AM
War criminal
sometimes i feel like this forum is stuck in a hellish groundhog day loop where people keep posting the same things over and over again
Remember: not everyone joined at the same time, and I'm pretty sure a huge majority of us came from either of the Nicalis ports. Just be patient, they'll read more threads from here as time passes by

Aug 25, 2018 at 2:55 PM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
probably not

Aug 29, 2018 at 5:14 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I wonder if someone can make a sequel where the game would take your old save file and depending on the ending you got it would continue the game.
Tho jenkas nightmare is always there....

Aug 29, 2018 at 7:00 PM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
I wonder if someone can make a sequel where the game would take your old save file and depending on the ending you got it would continue the game.
Tho jenkas nightmare is always there....
It'd be pretty hard to make technically 2 games, but it's TEHCNICALLY plasuable. Just set a flag at whatever ending you got and in script, just add a jumpflag for the ending you got. But having two whole games seems easier said than done, especially considering the vastly different circumstances both endings take.

Aug 29, 2018 at 10:49 PM
Based Member
It'd be pretty hard to make technically 2 games, but it's TEHCNICALLY plasuable. Just set a flag at whatever ending you got and in script, just add a jumpflag for the ending you got. But having two whole games seems easier said than done, especially considering the vastly different circumstances both endings take.
You mean 3? Let's not forget the bad ending, you could do something with that. But yeah, that would be a lot to program, especially if you wanted to be really ambitious by taking all the different factors into consideration, such as weapons, items (maybe alter the story-line if you have Mr. Litttle), and life capsules. If you really wanted to simplify your task, though, you could technically try to make all those 3 beginning paths converge onto some single similar story-line for the sequel, just with ranging levels of variance.

Aug 29, 2018 at 11:06 PM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
You mean 3? Let's not forget the bad ending, you could do something with that. But yeah, that would be a lot to program, especially if you wanted to be really ambitious by taking all the different factors into consideration, such as weapons, items (maybe alter the story-line if you have Mr. Litttle), and life capsules. If you really wanted to simplify your task, though, you could technically try to make all those 3 beginning paths converge onto some single similar story-line for the sequel, just with ranging levels of variance.
That's what I was thinking, either do a complex as hell diverging set of stories and maps, or simply merge them with ranging levels. And I don't personally consider the bad ending to be an official one. Sure it says "END", but I feel it doesn't fit since you can easily opt out of Kazuma's request (hell, you can say yes and leave him there lol), the other two endings are irreversible after certain requirements are meant, especially depending on where you save.

Aug 30, 2018 at 2:32 AM
War criminal
After the bad ending, the Doctor opens up a TV network, rather than going for world domination, and all the other characters die of boredom.

It is now safe to turn off your computer...

Aug 30, 2018 at 3:33 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
After the bad ending, the Doctor opens up a TV network, rather than going for world domination, and all the other characters die of boredom.

It is now safe to turn off your computer...
I've been trying to find the original video of that ending for years, what exactly was it called? For a while i just thought it was a figment of my imagination