I really, REALLY think Pixel is making a new game

Nov 5, 2010 at 5:49 AM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Version 432 is the one from May. According to the error message in the program, I see a 6.

I am not really sure, but Soaprun will open on Saturdays as usual, on Saturday 6. There could be a brand new version coming out with brand new surprises on that day or later. I really hope for this.

The gray soap thing in Pixel's webpage started to bounce again. I believe it serves as an indicator for Soaprun's server.

EDIT 11/7/10: The server is closed at 11/6/10. There are some map changes. Please look at post #408 below.

Nov 6, 2010 at 1:46 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
diph.php

No Soaprun update.

Nov 6, 2010 at 4:11 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
I like the room with three purple pads, where everyone needs to stand on one in order to get the flame to move.

Also the chinfish and balrog drawings are pretty sweet

Nov 7, 2010 at 2:14 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
PxTone information moved HERE.

Nov 9, 2010 at 6:39 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
p17341-3-10110920ame.png

Looks like an Ame in a Box.

Also, for some reason I found this answer on the BBS funny:

> Soaprun What does this mean?
"Soap" and "run".

Nov 10, 2010 at 8:01 AM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Cave Story

This is a cave and you have a story inside it.

Nov 13, 2010 at 2:40 AM
Veteran Member
The server is closed on 11/14/2010 at 8:20 AM PST (GMT -8). Now it will reopen every Saturday starting at 11/20.
また しゅうまつ
おこします。
つぎは 11/20.

The weekend
Smears.
Next is 11/20.

Again using 432, however, MAJOR MAP CHANGES!! If I could try to explore before Pixel closes it, I might release the current map in PNG. Even more Purple Crawlers have been added, as well as Wall Guardians.

By the way, from here on out, I will address the Crunchers as "Demons", Wall Guardians as "Wall Demons", and Purple Crawlers as "Crawling Demons".

Soaprun server opens every Friday and closes in Saturday as of now.

Here is the map:

Less drawing areas, many rooms only accessible by Player Ghost Soaprunners, new locations for Swords and Shields, and 2 Checkerboard (Goal) Flags in a Safe Zone.

EDIT: The map got edited again as well as the date room. Swords and Flags no longer have a Safe Zone so that Shielded Soaprunners can finish without being obstructed. New paths and an additional drawing room. The Snail's new base location is in room (0,6) that I am guessing. The first Goal flag is blocked completely by invisible walls and a spinning red flame, please go farther and reach the other Goal flag instead.

Bug found in game: Some water tiles in certain rooms are not animating.

EDIT: The Guide has been updated!
Non-internet version 30 with map of 11/13/2010 released!

New Speedrun Video! Feel free to share this, even take and upload it to YouTube if you wish.

Nov 18, 2010 at 5:59 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Nov 18, 2010 at 7:46 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Nov 19, 2010 at 11:29 PM
Veteran Member
Soaprun server closed.
また しゅうまつ
おこします。

SH3 の びょういん
あかすぎて なきそう…
Translated using Google Translate
The weekend
Smears.

The hospital SH3
So without too much red ...

Okay, so there might be any changes for tomorrow. I think now I explain the point that it opens every Friday and then on Saturday, what Pixel did date this as said from the message (quote on my earlier post), there is change-ups (and possibly a new version) to be out. Then the server closes on Sunday.

So, please, note the date of event: 11/20.

Pixel's site:
New navigation at top left: 'Devel'. There are now 5 options.
The Curly art is now displayed at the main site. It was mentioned yesterday in the blog before Pixel placed it on the main site.

EDIT: I see no changes in the map/version, I still see 10.11.13 (11/13/10) in the date room.
Last night, I was abusing the system. Flooding the start area with corpses, a crazy Soaprunner with a shield going around in circles with Crawling Demons, and I was rapidly changing the color of my Soaprunner so that there is a lag and it will cause the Crawlers to cross through the Safe Zone and allow my Soaprunner to die, leaving corpses ON the safe zone. Glitching! But the frenzy didn't last, a Soaprunner brought over the Snail and cleaned it all up! (Except the Safe Zone, no monsters allowed)
I found a block with a white border. It was caused by a Soaprunner dying on the block. Pixel should not place blocks near the edge of the screen, as well as water.

EDIT:
また しゅうまつ
おこします。
げんきです

The weekend
Smears.
The Genki

Nov 26, 2010 at 12:24 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
I don't know what he's making, but it looks amazing.

Also that version of quote biting off his glove? Mmmmmm

Nov 26, 2010 at 4:18 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
I'm so exited~ <3
I will definitely be checking this thread more often.

So, those cave tilesets and new sprites are really getting me pumped.
I hate to assert this, because I don't want to get my hopes up, but... That robot? Looks like quote and curly (hurr), possibly indicating a cave story type game?
o(^▽^)o

Nov 26, 2010 at 11:46 PM
inactive user
"All your forum are belong to us!"
cultr1 said:
That robot? Looks like quote and curly (hurr)
it is quote, as far as we know; roll your mouse over the image and most browsers will tell you the filename. it says "quote" in the filename.

Nov 27, 2010 at 2:52 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
sixtyseconds said:
it is quote, as far as we know; roll your mouse over the image and most browsers will tell you the filename. it says "quote" in the filename.

Dayum.
But that doesn't explain the new tilesets.

Nov 27, 2010 at 5:43 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
It seems to be like a tutorial on how to make tiles if you look at the rock ones. And other things perhaps.

Google translate says...
1. Adjust colors in three dimensions → → → smoothly in neutral colors to draw the appropriate line.
2. This part consists of one vertical and two horizontal shift for each line with this pattern.
3. I even change the color of the shadows like the sense of reducing uneven. … After all, two vertical side parts 2 ...

Map with a pencil on loose-leaf design.

Run in two frames.

Put around, spread, complete with shaping

Crab jump!

Or he could be making a game and is describing everything he does as he goes along.