how to do most spur damage

Mar 24, 2021 at 5:01 PM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
spam the default level or which one do you charge to do do most damage per SECOND

and with turbocharge does it change?

Mar 24, 2021 at 5:14 PM
"Huzzah!"
I find it easier to kill bosses with only charging it to (not max) level 3 or level 2.
And no, turbocharge doesnt effect it unfortunately.

Mar 24, 2021 at 6:50 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
And no, turbocharge doesnt effect it unfortunately.
It does, actually. The Turbocharge speeds it up by 1.5 times. Whether it's intentional or not, we'll never know.

Mar 24, 2021 at 11:58 PM
"Huzzah!"
I never noticed, probably because thats usually not possible.
But thats really neat, Id never thought of using it to speed its charge up at all.

Mar 25, 2021 at 2:02 AM
Based Member
My approach is usually to get the spur fully charged before approaching an enemy, release it, and then keep shooting out level 2 shots for the remainder of the battle. I don't actually have any analysis on whether or not this is the best strategy, or what really does the most "damage per second," but this is just what always felt right to me.

Also yeah, even though the turbocharge does technically speed it up, it's kind of hard to tell unless you actually time it.

Mar 25, 2021 at 9:22 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
I've never heard anyone comment about this tip I mentioned in 2018:
"Did you know? If you charge the laser and access the inventory screen to switch weapons, it will maintain its charge until you open the inventory screen and switch back. "

This way if you wanted to use another weapon for your primary, you can charge the Spur ahead of time to lvl 3 and then switch to another weapon. Spam your other weapon all you want... and when the need arises, line up your attack, open the menu and switch to instantly unleash the full power of the Spur!

Mar 25, 2021 at 11:00 PM
Based Member
Oh, that's really awesome, I didn't know you could do that. That's a handy tip if you're trying to do the most damage in the fewest number of frames.

Mar 29, 2021 at 9:20 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
I immediately started wondering how much that could save on the counter during hell running but I'm not sure there'd actually be much use for it? There isn't a lot of time to even charge up properly in the first place, aside from the big gaps before and in-between Ballos forms that basically give a free charge each time anyway, and it still means foregoing the advantages from using the Snake.