How did you find Cave Story?

Mar 30, 2008 at 12:41 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
something to do?

Mar 30, 2008 at 3:13 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
I found it by finding it through my luck of finding it. ;)

Mar 30, 2008 at 11:51 PM
Been here way too long...
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
I saw someone advertising the remix project in the VGmix forums when it was down. Actually it was the same sig im using it lead me to the remix project which lead me to the download page.

Mar 31, 2008 at 12:34 AM
Source Splicer, 2nd Class
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I found out about Cave Story (As well as Guxt, but I'll stay focused on the main point...) through listening to MIDIs of its superb soundtrack on VGMusic, then out of curiousity I searched it up on Google. One of the first pages listed there was the Tribute Site (Back when it was still on Gameflaws instead of Mirai Gamer), but I was unable to download it until a year ago, when I had a better Internet connection.

Mar 31, 2008 at 1:58 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Mar 31, 2008 at 3:14 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
andwhyisit said:
Chu, the author of slightly damned, released fan art for Cave Story and I was bored so I checked out the game.
Cool, didn't know that fan art was from Chu....

I found out about CS, when it was released; probably on Romhacking.net or Insertcredit.com, but it wasn't until Skyewelse talked about it on another forum did I finally decide to give it a chance...

Glad I did. Cave Story still is one of the best little action games out there...

Mar 31, 2008 at 3:40 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Mar 31, 2008 at 3:51 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
About a year ago, I was on some forum that allows username changing and someone changed their username to 'Curly Brace' and made their avatar one of the pictures of her from the dialog boxes. Everyone said 'oh, awesome, cave story' except myself, who said 'wtf is everyone talking about' so I used google and downloaded it.

Apr 5, 2008 at 2:48 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
The Spainish Inquisition said:
First saw it in this.

Not a real response to this answer, but I just saw Spanish Inquisition's sig and...

Anti-Spiral13.jpg
WHEN WE SEE SIGS LIKE THAT, WE CALL THEM IRREGULARS.

Apr 6, 2008 at 2:16 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I found out about Cave Story from the german PC games magazine "Gamestar". There was a half page about Cave Story and it seemed to be a very good game with a great story! And it was on the DVD, too, so I tried it out and became a fan.
Until it didn't work anymore on my old PC. When I searched for freeware games to play on my new PC (well, it's my brother's old PC, but it's my new PC), I remembered Cave Story and found the Tribute Site very fast.
After reading parts of one or two walkthroughs and nearly playing through Cave Story once, I became curious and clicked on the "Discussion Forum" button.
And here I am! :)

Apr 6, 2008 at 3:47 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
xristosx said:
^^; that was random, hey you haven't been on much, forum assasins

The entire post was a reference to Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Gainax's new series that they have proclaimed they're turning into "their new Eva." The particular character within the post was the Anti-Spiral, a genocidal alien with surprisingly sentimental ulterior motives. He's also a badass, much like every other character in the entire show. Spanish Inquisition's sig also contains the same entity.

Apr 6, 2008 at 6:16 PM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
JacobX891 said:
Holy [edit]ing [edit] [edit] mother [edit]ing [edit] [edit] [edit]!
It's kageryushin!
um...
since this is a forum about how you/he/she/me/we/it/they/them/us/her/him/myself found cave story, i found it the way i always find things.
taking links.
here's how it happened: [this was several years ago when i had a piece of sh*t computer and dial-up]
Jayisgames/casualgamer: cave story... but downloadable? on my piece of sh*t computer? no f*cking way. wait... does downloadable mean.... you gotta pay? huh.
[sometime later... after i got my new computer... but still dial-up]
Jayisgames/casualgamer: Within a Deep Forest... SWEEEEET! DOWNLOAD TIMEZ!
[45 minutes later]
awesome! but i iz stucked! needz interwebz help! lol!
[search... search... youtube....]
Ah! herez us go! Let's play Within a Deep Forest! let's see he-- HOLY [edit]ING [edit]! THIS GUY DECEASEDCRAB ROXXORZ! Let's see what else he gotz... hm... Let's play... cave... story...?
HOLY [edit], THAT'S THE GAME I SAW BEFORE! LET'S SEE THIS PIECE OF HOT [edit]... COOL! GONNA DOWNLOADZ THIS BAD MOTHER[edit]ER!

And that's pretty much how it happened.

No comments.

Apr 16, 2008 at 5:24 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
From the pokecommunity forums IRC chat. One of the mods
said that he/she was trying to get through Sacred Grounds