Help getting a save point before fighting ballos?

Jul 3, 2014 at 9:31 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Sup! i have cave story plus and......yes...i know....there is no save point before fighting ballos.... the thing that im actually looking for is a way to save before fighting him even if its by modding or something out of the game, dont tell me that i need to be more skilled in the game....i have managed to get to ballos with everything full and level 3 rocket launcher and spur and a life pot but it doesnt matters! he just kick my ass and leaves curly floating ....anybody that can actually help me?

Jul 3, 2014 at 10:29 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Try opening Stage.tbl (from the data\base folder) with Booster's Lab and adding a Save Point entity in the map you want (Well, you could use any entity, really). Make sure to set the event to 16, and check the "Interactable" box. Please note that the timer will most likely be screwed up.

Jul 3, 2014 at 10:48 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Wellp.....thats another problem! im terrible at that! i have tried, i swear! but i just ended up with a corrupted data :( can anybody give me a modified file or something? also i heard that there was something that let you save anywhere....debug save or something...

Jul 3, 2014 at 11:40 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Bloodfire said:
dont tell me that i need to be more skilled in the game.
I highly recommend that as the option you should go for.

Defeating hell does take some practice when you first encounter it, but there is a reason that people can speed run it with only 3HP, it's because most of it is a simple learnable pattern.

Once you have an understanding of what Ballos does in his various forms, all it takes is practice and persistence and you'll become a pro.

Take it from a guy like me, who first played CS+ on easy difficulty, and couldn't win the game because of the same exact reasons as you. Months later I decided to play it all again with the original version ("Normal" on CS+) and after dying many times I beat him one December night. Now It's no problem and I can do it with even less items and health (((Though not the bare minimum like some people))).

Just keep trying and you'll get it. The victory will be all the more sweeter when you do it legitimately.

Jul 3, 2014 at 11:53 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I told you not to tell me that :( hell is not the problem, ballos is, as i told you: full healht and everything,then, "your ass has been kicked" . this is the only game in all my gaming life that has been keeping me like this! i could just barely get to the second form and damage it a bit

Jul 4, 2014 at 12:03 AM
LSD
"..."
Just like Enlightened said, it's going to take practice, but in the end the boss fight is simply a pattern that over time you will be able to learn and eventually overcome. Trust me, taking the time to learn and improve and eventually beat Ballos is going to feel much better than simply modding in a save point for yourself, even if it's just a game.

Jul 4, 2014 at 12:04 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
or you could use the doukutsu trainer

Jul 4, 2014 at 12:11 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I have tried to use the trainer...it doesnt works even if it is in the cave story folder and the exe is named "doukutsu" i guess is just for the normal one and i have the + version, damm it i guess i will have to learn the tecnics.....i usually do that but this game has took me two days in that part and tomorrow i have a one week trip and after that is pure work and no free time to play, thats why i made the thread is firts place.

Jul 4, 2014 at 12:20 AM
LSD
"..."
EnlightenedOne said:
Months later I decided to play it [...] and after dying many times I beat him one December night.
Bloodfire said:
i usually do that but this game has took me two days in that part
It's going to take much longer than two days. No offense, but this is not something you're going to be able to just sit down and complete your first try. You've gotta take the time and put forth a bit more effort if you'd like to beat Ballos.

Jul 4, 2014 at 12:25 AM
Based Member
Open up your Cave Story+ installation, and go to data\base\Stage, and make a copy of "Ostep.pxe." And put this file in the stage folder.

Jul 4, 2014 at 12:46 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
HaydenStudios said:
Open up your Cave Story+ installation, and go to data\base\Stage, and make a copy of "Ostep.pxe." And put this file in the stage folder.

Whats that? O_o

Jul 4, 2014 at 1:18 AM
Melon Lord
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
You know, my friend who has played Cave Story since about 2007 or so has spent almost a year trying to beat Hell with what he had at that time on CS+.

I ended up helping him by getting the controls to fit more naturally (He had an actual controller), along with a little trick that you can make use of, assuming you're patient.

Once you go through the almighty BS Room that is Room 2 of Hell, in Room 3, go down to the right for the two free hearts there. After that, go up the ceiling that you fell down from Room 2. Once back in Room 2, you go back down and reload Room 3, where those two hearts have respawned. Rinse and repeat until you think you have enough Health to tackle on Room 3.

With those two bits of help from me, he ended up beating Hell a few months later, and he was very much satisfied with himself, like you'll hopefully be.

That's probably the only piece of advice I can give you, on top of just getting more skilled at the game.

Jul 4, 2014 at 1:36 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
JonSpider said:
You know, my friend who has played Cave Story since about 2007 or so has spent almost a year trying to beat Hell with what he had at that time on CS+.
I ended up helping him by getting the controls to fit more naturally (He had an actual controller), along with a little trick that you can make use of, assuming you're patient.
Once you go through the almighty BS Room that is Room 2 of Hell, in Room 3, go down to the right for the two free hearts there. After that, go up the ceiling that you fell down from Room 2. Once back in Room 2, you go back down and reload Room 3, where those two hearts have respawned. Rinse and repeat until you think you have enough Health to tackle on Room 3.

With those two bits of help from me, he ended up beating Hell a few months later, and he was very much satisfied with himself, like you'll hopefully be.
That's probably the only piece of advice I can give you, on top of just getting more skilled at the game.
Well WOAH it works! perfect! now is much more easy to get fully recovered hell yeah!
HaydenStudios said:

I just discovered what that was a DAMM you mah hero mate! now i can actually train the battle a lot! i forgot to mention? this run is just a normal run without to much things discovered! when i actually manage to defeat ballos i will create another data with everything normal i will complete the 100% of the game

Jul 4, 2014 at 1:44 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Seriously though, stop being a whiny bitch and earn the right to say you've beat Ballos. It too me literally years to beat him. Just keep trying, and learn the tricks to beating him. That's the only way to do it.

Jul 4, 2014 at 1:54 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Dunc2403 said:
"Seriously though, stop being a whiny bitch and earn the right to say you've beat Ballos. It too me literally years to beat him. Just keep trying, and learn the tricks to beating him. That's the only way to do it.
There is no need to act like shit eating dick sir, as i told before this is TRAINING im gonna be back and defeat him properly but firts i gotta learn the tricks then as i know im gonna forget the tricks because forget everything is gonna be like this didnt happened, tho, i will just know what is waiting for me behind that door.

Jul 4, 2014 at 2:59 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I did, just read when i replied to Hayden again.

Jul 4, 2014 at 9:43 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Bloodfire said:
There is no need to act like shit eating dick sir, as i told before this is TRAINING im gonna be back and defeat him properly but firts i gotta learn the tricks then as i know im gonna forget the tricks because forget everything is gonna be like this didnt happened, tho, i will just know what is waiting for me behind that door.
Dear Bloodfire,

Post again once you have learned how to correctly use forums. Cave Story forums are for details, and we like good grammar. Try it.

From,
This guy.

(EDIT) While you're at it, let me give this a try. 'There is no need to be rude sir, as I have said before, this is training. I'm going to play again and beat him legitimately, but first I have to learn how to beat him correctly.' I can't translate anything past the part about learning tricks.

Jul 4, 2014 at 9:51 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
let's try to keep the tone somewhat civil here folks
anyway guy, I think there's a save on the tribute site you can plop into the original version of the game if you want to practice.

Jul 5, 2014 at 1:12 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Okay lets set this up....to the guy that cuestions my grammar: i cannot blame you, i dont speak english that good, i just started the class and i dont like to use any translator, to all the other people that tried to help me: thank you very much, i decided not to use any saving point apart from the one in the prefab building and use any kind of helpfull thing i can find , anyway, im sure this thread will help more people, this is it i guess....i dont have the time to look for a close thread option thanks to the fact that this tablet is awfull :p

This has been Bloodfire ladys and gentleman, i wish to every single one of you

A good night