H E L P! No tow rope...???

Dec 2, 2008 at 7:50 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hi Folks!
Is there no tow rope on the mac version?
FYI, I've the mac-version of the game.
First time I played the game not aware the possibility to save the girl.
Second time I played it till the core-room and could not find the rope..., thought I made a mistake to let booster equiped! Than I tryed it a third time and..., still there is no tow rope on the mac version! What is the problem? What could I've done wrong!

Thanx for your answers, HJ-KKK

Dec 2, 2008 at 9:38 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Although I don't have one, I am fairly certain the rope wouldn't be missing if you're on a mac. Do note that simply not equipping the booster is not enough--you have to NOT TALK TO BOOSTER, and therefore not be given the booster. Once it's in your inventory it doesn't matter if you equip it, the rope's already gone. If you don't have the machinegun you'll have to make a very tricky running jump to avoid him (jump from the red line), but at least there's a save point right there.

Other than that, make sure you pick up the rope BEFORE WAKING UP THE CORE. Once the boss fight starts, you'll recieve a message saying you're too busy not dying to grab it, even during the part when Misery floods the room. The rope disappears altogether once you pass out, since there's a few foreshadowing extra lines of dialogue you get after passing out if you're on the path towards the good ending (aka have the rope). Finally, make sure you're looking in the right place--the rope is on the floor at the bottom right of the room.

Oh, and to head off future problems: Once you have Curly you MUST enter that door in the waterway that leads to the little saveroom. Use the bed, and do not leave the room until you're carrying Curly again.

Dec 3, 2008 at 8:21 AM
Slacker
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
A tiny note.

You can grab the rope after the core fight, not just before. Just as long as it's before you drown I think

Dec 3, 2008 at 9:01 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Actually I'm pretty sure I had to refight core because I didn't pick up the tow rope first, and it wouldn't let me after the fight...

Dec 3, 2008 at 10:51 AM
"Huzzah!"
hj-kkk said:
Hi Folks!
Is there no tow rope on the mac version?
FYI, I've the mac-version of the game.
First time I played the game not aware the possibility to save the girl.
Second time I played it till the core-room and could not find the rope..., thought I made a mistake to let booster equiped! Than I tryed it a third time and..., still there is no tow rope on the mac version! What is the problem? What could I've done wrong!

Thanx for your answers, HJ-KKK

this annoyed me for so long what you have to do is talk to her after every action breaking the shutter after breaking it if u dont talk to her ater these events no tow rope =(

Dec 3, 2008 at 6:01 PM
Slacker
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Dec 3, 2008 at 8:40 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
odin 2128 said:
this annoyed me for so long what you have to do is talk to her after every action breaking the shutter after breaking it if u dont talk to her ater these events no tow rope =(
Wrong. Talking to her before opening each shutter is just bonus dialog. It has no effect on whether the tow rope exists.

Dec 3, 2008 at 9:44 PM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
Save Booster or there's no rope. Simple as that.

Dec 3, 2008 at 11:18 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Thank you for your help!

Thank you all for your replys!

I'm afraid I've to go again...,
keep my mthf mouth shut and leave the professor and his booster alone!!!

Dec 4, 2008 at 5:25 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
If you talk to Booster and get the 0.8 boosters, there's no rope?
Chaddykins said:
A tiny note.

You can grab the rope after the core fight, not just before. Just as long as it's before you drown I think
What? I grabbed it before the fight, and I didn't drown. I almost did though. The first time I played, I didn't know about the tow rope.. I almost cried when my older brother told me that there was a way you could save her... :'C

Dec 4, 2008 at 5:27 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Brickman said:
Although I don't have one, I am fairly certain the rope wouldn't be missing if you're on a mac. Do note that simply not equipping the booster is not enough--you have to NOT TALK TO BOOSTER, and therefore not be given the booster. Once it's in your inventory it doesn't matter if you equip it, the rope's already gone. If you don't have the machinegun you'll have to make a very tricky running jump to avoid him (jump from the red line), but at least there's a save point right there.

Other than that, make sure you pick up the rope BEFORE WAKING UP THE CORE. Once the boss fight starts, you'll recieve a message saying you're too busy not dying to grab it, even during the part when Misery floods the room. The rope disappears altogether once you pass out, since there's a few foreshadowing extra lines of dialogue you get after passing out if you're on the path towards the good ending (aka have the rope). Finally, make sure you're looking in the right place--the rope is on the floor at the bottom right of the room.

Oh, and to head off future problems: Once you have Curly you MUST enter that door in the waterway that leads to the little saveroom. Use the bed, and do not leave the room until you're carrying Curly again.
I did that, but then after I defeated the fish boss, the rope snapped or something- I don't know, and she just floated off. :/

Dec 4, 2008 at 6:43 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
AkitoKitty said:
I did that, but then after I defeated the fish boss, the rope snapped or something- I don't know, and she just floated off. :/
You will see her again when you reach plantation. Congrats, you saved Curly (so far).

Dec 4, 2008 at 8:14 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
AkitoKitty said:
What? I grabbed it before the fight, and I didn't drown. I almost did though. The first time I played, I didn't know about the tow rope.. I almost cried when my older brother told me that there was a way you could save her... :'C
But after the Core fight the water level is much higher. You can apparently still get the tow rope, though, if you get there before you drown.

It's probably easier just to get it first, though.