Geobox Engine getting ready for public use

May 4, 2015 at 4:56 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"..."
The logo looks like the logo for the England elections.

Okay also my brain is on the other side of the floor. I'm bleeding out, this is too cool.

May 7, 2015 at 3:12 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
p194126-0-bannernewslarge.png

Uhhhhh.... yeah kinda does indeed.

But I have a plant sticking out of the top! THE LEAF MEANS THEY CANT SUE ME GUYS!

May 7, 2015 at 3:46 AM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Wait a second... This thread is about a game engine and not the election?
God dang it! There all the work I put into the report goes to waste, oh well, just my luck I guess.

May 7, 2015 at 5:02 PM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Fluffball said:
p194126-0-bannernewslarge.png

Uhhhhh.... yeah kinda does indeed.

But I have a plant sticking out of the top! THE LEAF MEANS THEY CANT SUE ME GUYS!
oh they can still sue you, they just won't have have as much chance of winning the lawsuit.

May 7, 2015 at 5:51 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"..."
Goerge Bobicles said:
oh they can still sue you
vote ukip and all your stupid suing needs will happen

May 9, 2015 at 2:32 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
So far, the documentation looks great.
No need to include the IDE, it's just Eclipse with the LDT installed, and some configuration performed, right?
I'm probably not good enough at art to make use of this, but someone else might be.
So, keep up the good work!
(not-meant-to-be-an-advert)Seeing as "www.fraps.com" keeps showing up at the top of videos, I'll just mention Open Broadcaster Software.
Unless there's a reason(like Geobox not working with it), in which case nvm. Just figured you should know.(/not-meant-to-be-an-advert)

May 9, 2015 at 5:00 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
while the IDE is not totally necessary, I want to include it for convenience. I don't want people to have to go out and grab a bunch of different stuff, and then spend days configuring it. most of the configuration settings that people will be interested in are stored in the workspace, at least I think. it always seems like this kind of stuff should just easily port over to a new version, but from my experience it almost never does for some reason or another.I think it's just better to give people something that they already know can be up and running almost instantly rather than investing a bunch of time setting up things when they don't even know if they want to use them yet.

written from my phone, please excuse any horribleness that may be in the above paragraph.

May 30, 2015 at 12:51 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Cave Story? WITH LIGHTING?
RELEASE IT FASTER DAMMIT! :sue:
/s

May 30, 2015 at 2:00 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Vinnis said:
RELEASE IT FASTER DAMMIT! :sue:
He can release it whenever he wants and if he wants. Please drop the unwarranted sense of entitlement.

May 31, 2015 at 1:03 AM
andwhyisit said:
He can release it whenever he wants and if he wants. Please drop the unwarranted sense of entitlement.

I forgot to put "/s"
sorri

Jun 10, 2015 at 2:24 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I'm very excited to see where this (already awesome) engine will go. I'm also very happy because many mods and such make promises but fail to deliver or stop completely. However, you don't seem like someone ready to give up. Anyways, thank you for creating this, and good luck! :D

Jun 10, 2015 at 3:57 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I'm trying really hard to get an update out soon. Work-to-live work has been excruciating on me lately... hardly have time for anything anymore. SD port is done so now its legal (i guess) to hand out. Bug fixes from various private testers and feature requests are in. The last big thing is getting the C++ side accessible without throwing the coder to the wolves (I don't want a million wires hanging out).

Probably the biggest problem I have now is what on earth to do after release. 16 hours of my day is currently eaten by my job + other responsibilities. I simply wont have time to respond to everyone's (honestly hardly anyone's) needs and requests.

If anyone can possibly help with this at all, please let me know.

Jun 10, 2015 at 2:49 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Contributing to spammy posting (off-topic, lack of content, etc)
duncathan said:
We really appreciate all the work you're putting into this, man.

Jun 19, 2015 at 10:55 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hey,

This engine is an absolute work of beauty! Looks positivley great and I'd love to mess around with it :)

Jun 19, 2015 at 6:13 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I agree with what everyone else is saying: This looks amazing!

Jul 20, 2015 at 9:16 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Good work so far! I appreciate it.

Jul 29, 2015 at 8:34 PM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
This looks very interesting.
This engine must have been hard to make.