Funny April fools joke I played on unsuspecting Youtubers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 8, 2013 at 3:19 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
So I came to HaydenStudios asking if he needed me to make a video FURTHER proving this ending is real.
Well here it is.
If anything, come to bask in the glorious comments.

Mar 8, 2013 at 6:14 AM
"Huzzah!"
@HaydenStudios: So.. just about a week ago, I ran across your first video on YouTube that was posted on April 1st. I was like, "NO. FREAKING. WAY." I saw the date I expected it to be a trick, but the Cave Story fan in me had to check it out or I would have never been able to rest again. Long story short, I ended up playing through the original Cave Story 4 times as well as Cave Story+ 2 times up to the Sand Zone point, trying out different things. Finally I found on the Cave Story wiki where you said it was fake, and now I just saw this topic today and realized it could've saved me some trouble.

I was pretty mad for a while, but now I can say with much respect, WELL DONE. This is the most awesome videogame-related April fools I have ever seen, and the mod is genius. I seriously wish that it was part of the official game, because it's so good that it really should be.

But anyway, I guess I would've known that it was your mod if I had played it previously, but there are just so many mods that I don't know which to play, so I haven't played any at all. Funny how I'm a regular here, and I've played through Cave Story countless times, yet I still fell for it. Props.

Have a kitten ~ :debug:

Mar 8, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Thanks! I'm glad you were able to take it well. When I made this video, my impression was that members here wouldn't fall for it, which is why I posted this thread, but I suppose I was wrong.

Mar 8, 2013 at 5:12 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
The dude that posted the TAS trying to get the fourth ending, his name is Stagger, he just uploaded a second attempt! I am laughing so hard right now!
Skip to about 40:40 to see him try again at the Sand Zone block. At the end he said he is up to doing it again if enough people comment telling him he did it wrong, well let's get commenting lol!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myfqxzLpN0M

Mar 8, 2013 at 5:29 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
this is kind of getting embarrassing
it's one thing to make a joke but to drag it out for 10 months is a bit ridiculous.

Mar 8, 2013 at 5:37 PM
The Preacher
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I love April Fools jokes for their simple concept:
1) You get to say "April Fools!!" at one point (usually after the joke has been made and before it wears out).
2) It happens only the 1st of April.

Mar 8, 2013 at 7:00 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Noxid said:
it's one thing to make a joke but to drag it out for 10 months is a bit ridiculous.
I agree.

Mar 8, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Noxid said:

Hiino said:
I love April Fools jokes for their simple concept:
1) You get to say "April Fools!!" at one point (usually after the joke has been made and before it wears out).
2) It happens only the 1st of April.
Glad to know everybody is still having fun with this! I myself don't take it as an April Fools joke anymore. Just a hilarious deception.

Mar 8, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
This has gone far beyond a mere April Fools. :p

Mar 8, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Exactly, it has become an evil devious scheme to destroy the hopes and dreams of those wanting a fourth ending...your right maybe this has gone on to far. O_O

Mar 9, 2013 at 3:02 AM
Based Member
Hey guys, ever wondered why my user title says what it does?
Level159hoodwinker_zps2f1fc676.png
Well, now you know.

Mar 9, 2013 at 6:51 PM
The Preacher
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
HaydenStudios said:
ever wondered why my user title says what it does?
no

Mar 9, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
PixelVortex said:
Exactly, it has become an evil devious scheme to destroy the hopes and dreams of those wanting a fourth ending...your right maybe this has gone on to far. O_O
I don't think it's gone too far. It was pretty harmless, and it's kind of their fault if they still believe this.

Of course, I'd love to see Hayden post an April Fool's video laughing at the YouTubers for staying fooled for an entire year. ;)

HaydenStudios said:
Seems legit. I kinda suspected that :p

Mar 9, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
HaydenStudios said:
Hey guys, ever wondered why my user title says what it does?
Level159hoodwinker_zps2f1fc676.png
Well, now you know.
Haha! I always wondered why your user title kept changing.

Polaris said:
I don't think it's gone too far. It was pretty harmless, and it's kind of their fault if they still believe this.
Of course. If they honestly cared about the truth, they would do a quick Google search and one of HaydenStudios' threads would appear. It isn't a big deal.

Mar 9, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Of course. If they honestly cared about the truth, they would do a quick Google search and one of HaydenStudios' threads would appear. It isn't a big deal.
Yeah, I am kinda surprised the gut hasn't yet he has done two attempts, both not working, and has not thought of googling it at least once.

Mar 9, 2013 at 9:27 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
I don't think Noxid and the others meant it was overdone because they care about people being HOODWINKED, they mean it's overdone in that it's been 11 months and it's getting old

Mar 9, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Based Member
I think they knew that.

This is only old to you guys because you wouldn't have been tricked in the first place, making it not seem that fantastic to begin with, and the very idea of it going on very long being silly. People are still finding this video for the first time, which is why it hasn't lost its novelty to them, and it isn't 11-month-old news. The fact that forum threads have been made on behalf of this months after the posting of the first video alone speaks for itself. If you are annoyed with this thread existing, then simply stop posting in it, and ignore it, it's not that hard to do. I'm getting a bit tired of seeing replies to this thread of people condemning this on the grounds that April 2012 was almost a year ago. Please, just stop.

(I'm not talking to you, Tpcool, Polaris, and PixelVortex)

Mar 9, 2013 at 11:30 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Oh I didn't mean any offense. I was just clarifying

Mar 9, 2013 at 11:46 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I don't like this because it's a bad joke. It gets people's hopes up and then makes them upset. Sure, jokes/hoaxes like this are fine once in a while but I think it should have an end. But here we are, a year later still producing new content to perpetuate this trick. Just let it die already, or live its natural life, whatever.
All this is to me, is preying on the gullibility and naivete of people who don't know any better. I've sometimes been wry or snippy towards ignorant users and apparently that's gotten you upset with me to some degree. But is using their ignorance against them to make them waste their time and having a laugh about it any better?
None of us are perfect. And I think the fact that people care enough to raise the question of whether this really needs to go on, speaks for itself. Try to see this from another perspective, rather than just dismissing criticisms and telling people to not reply to your thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.