Forum Elitism

Jul 28, 2014 at 3:05 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
because most of us don't have control of ourselves. (I'm no exception)

Here is is in the simplest of terms.

p186291-0-policedogfinaltest.jpg

E: Happy cat month everyone

Jul 28, 2014 at 5:49 PM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
That sums it up pretty well, BLink.

Jul 29, 2014 at 2:38 AM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Polaris said:
Because it's not worth locking.

It really isn't so bad a thread. Posting Goku pics does nothing. Complaining about how useless any attempts to discuss this is equally does nothing. If you think all of the points have been made, why not just let it be rather than requesting a lock for no reason?
You do realize that in 100 posts, the only things that really happened was me finally apologizing to hayden, and some lengthy convo between hayden and hiino that i'm pretty sure hiino won and there was this this that happened in some other thread
HaydenStudios said:
[4:52:48 PM] Hayden: Hiino hasn't defeated me yet.
Polaris said:
goku

Jul 29, 2014 at 3:16 PM
"..."
Ok, yes, finally this thread is over. It shouldn't be locked though. If the issue comes back we may need this thread again. But I agree with Shiny that this thread has way too many posts and that it solved little for it's huge post count.

Jul 29, 2014 at 4:17 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
funwillfunwill said:
Ok, yes, finally this thread is over. It shouldn't be locked though. If the issue comes back we may need this thread again. But I agree with Shiny that this thread has way too many posts and that it solved little for it's huge post count.
continuing to reply to reiterate things that have already been said does not abate the issue

Aug 6, 2014 at 9:00 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"..."
As a new user here, I haven't seen any elitism.
However, I'm quite an "established member" on the off topic section of the Minecraft Forums (Only reason I'm still there is so I can chat and make jokes about newer members acting like 8 year olds)

And that's where my point lies.

If anyone who isn't an "established member" is to post something making fun of a lesser member, no matter the context or tone, they'll usually get a warning or infraction. However, whenever me and a few others do it the mods either overlook it, or in extremely rare cases, throw in a subtle joke themselves.

Of course, this is Minecraft Forums, so it's probably different here seeing how more than 10% of non-foreign english speaking users here have a grasp of basic grammar and spelling, as opposed to mcf.

Sep 6, 2014 at 2:07 AM
"..."
I have noticed that since this thread was posted, the elitism thing has gotten better. The most recent member to join and actually stay for more than a week, aka reddeh le steddeh, was treated fine. That may be because of him not acting like a lunatic (like I did lol) or because he used good grammar. But it does prove that members actually took the suggestions in here, and acted less jerkish towards newer members.

Sep 10, 2014 at 7:12 AM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"..."
funwillfunwill said:
That may be because of him not acting like a lunatic (like I did lol) or because he used good grammar.
Eheh.
Well maybe not on the forums but maybe on the skype chat a bit.
But Dunc pointed it out (Twice I'll admit) and I think it's gotten better.
Which it probably hasn't really.